Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like A turf went down to the wire. Anybody get the chance to get down there?

I watched the end of the game, got very close indeed but Boronia closed out the match well, young left handed spinner took a couple of key late wickets to seal it. Pretty sure they didn't drop a game for the whole year.........

I watched the end of the game, got very close indeed but Boronia closed out the match well, young left handed spinner took a couple of key late wickets to seal it. Pretty sure they didn't drop a game for the whole year.........

You're right, their 1st XI went through the season undefeated.

I watched the whole day's play and Boronia just had too many on the board in the end. Young Baker batted very well for Marcellin in great batting conditions at Surrey Park but didn't get too much support. Dinneen didn't get many.

The left-arm quick Noone got the key wickets for Boronia at key stages. The way they were carrying on it looked like they had a big few days planned...

How will Boronia go in the big league? It has been a while for them!!

Time will tell. It would be silly to make predictions about ladder positions and the like at this stage.

If you'd asked me who would have finished higher out of Skevs and Iris for this season I would have said Skevs but Iris obviously had a fantstic year so who knows.

From what I saw Saturday both Marcellin and Boronia have a very young and hungry group so that can only hold them in good stead.

Time will tell. It would be silly to make predictions about ladder positions and the like at this stage.

If you'd asked me who would have finished higher out of Skevs and Iris for this season I would have said Skevs but Iris obviously had a fantstic year so who knows.

From what I saw Saturday both Marcellin and Boronia have a very young and hungry group so that can only hold them in good stead.

I think what will be key for Marcellin is replacing Baker who goes back to WA and possibly Dineen who I have heard might be calling it quits from the 1st XI after getting his team back to Dunstan.

From what I have seen of Boronia this year their batting has at times let them down, but if they can possibly recruit well I think they have a bowling attack to put them in good positions as they did this year..

But as you rightly pointed out, both looked to be very young teams, Dineen mentioned that Marcellin only have one played above 22, and Boronia looked almost as young, could be a rivalry between these two teams for years to come.

Suckling is a quality bowler who should go quite well in Dunstan. Only problem is their ground, which can only be referred to as a paddock!

Which ground do you mean? Chandler Reserve or Tormore?

I was at the U/19 grand final which was played at Tormore and it's in fantastic nick. The outfield is spot on after they re-layed it a couple of years ago and the rooms seem big from the outside.

When did you last play there Council?

Also, in regards to McBride, he's a pencil. Been bullying and threatening to fight kids for years... even ones from his own team! No surprises he was carrying on like a goose.

Which ground do you mean? Chandler Reserve or Tormore?

I was at the U/19 grand final which was played at Tormore and it's in fantastic nick. The outfield is spot on after they re-layed it a couple of years ago and the rooms seem big from the outside.

When did you last play there Council?

Also, in regards to McBride, he's a pencil. Been bullying and threatening to fight kids for years... even ones from his own team! No surprises he was carrying on like a goose.

Haven't played out there since they were last in Dunstan, but our 2's played them out there early this season and the comments were not overly glowing about the ground and the pitch...

Hi, Batsman looking for a new club. Played 1st XI Sub District, early twenties and hard working. Can bat anywhere in the order. From the Malvern area

SOUTH CAULFIELD CRICKET CLUB
SEEKS PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS FOR 2011/12 SEASON

We are associated with the VTCA Senior Division 4 Senior Sides and 4 Junior Sides (CMCA).
Our 1ST XI has played off in the semi finals 4 of the last 5 years without managing to make a Grand Final.

Thus we are seeking the players with the below qualities to ensure we take the next step.
-Opening Batsman
-Middle Order Batsman (Free Scoring Preferable)
-Opening Bowler

Generous remuneration and terms of contract will be commensurate on credentials.
The club would prefer a multi year deal.
All enquires please contact:
Matt Stahmer 0412 515 407
Email; matt@stahmers.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back