Eca 2012/13

Congrats to the sides that have made finals.. I for one have a huge hangover!!

Good effort Stkevs and Mulgrave who have performed well in the past few weeks to sneak in and I am sure Ashy/Hawks are shattered.

Big game StKevs and MA who they thrashed outright a few weeks ago. Wonder what effect this has on the mindsets.. surely StKevs have to almost be favourites after that? or did MA just have a bad day or 2?

GI I am worried about - Mulgrave beat them a few weeks back and they are serial chokers.. the finals pressure doesn't go well for them and can almost see this continuing.. it starts with their skipper - the old demons might come out again.

In saying that, congrats on winning the minor premiership, played well and been best side..

GI will wipe the floor with Mulgrave. Doesn't matter what happened during the year between the two.

The other semi could go either way. If Mont lose early wickets they will become very nervous and St Kevs are hard to stop when they get a run on.

On a side note did Gartner really make 138no on saturday. Well played if he did.

Tipping Ladder - Final

Maestro 45
Council Mayor 41
Watto 39
Paintball Lover 38
The Undertaker 35

Washout 34
Chairman Mao 32
Cricket Stump 30
Mad Max 24

Thanks for a fun year guys. Will handover to someone else to run next season - I need to spend more time working on my batting!

Tipping Ladder - Final

Maestro 45
Council Mayor 41
Watto 39
Paintball Lover 38
The Undertaker 35
Washout 34
Chairman Mao 32
Cricket Stump 30
Mad Max 24
Thanks for a fun year guys. Will handover to someone else to run next season - I need to spend more time working on my batting!
Damn!

Well played Maestro...

Im sticking with my GF prediction from a few weeks back.

GI over Mulgrave in a close one. GI do have some demons to get over however.
With the bat, GI top 5 is statistically very good & the key. Taylor is due!! GI spinners to get job done.
For Mulgrave, word is Shaw gone home? Crowden to carry work load with ball, D.Day with the bat.

StK over MA. The outright result has to be still in the MA heads & I'm sure skipper Vance has thought a lot about it this week.
Davis to make runs, Mullen with the ball & Hargraves to carry with bat & ball.

I'm going for GI is a closer one than people think. Mully will be right up for the game and they can pull one out. On talent alone though GI will get the job done, but they have a hoodoo to overcome. The whole game hinges on Taylor, IMO. He is the one who can (almost singlehandedly) guarantee them a spot in the GF. Grubich, Armstrong and McDermott obviously key players as well. If Shaw has gone that is a massive blow for their bowling.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I will be down watching our 2's at home. I will be the one leaning on the bar all day if you want to say g'day!

Personally, I am happy with the way things are going. But few of those result, WOW!!
Hey Mr Mayor,

It's good to see games that are in the balance isn't it? Like most Australians I love it when an underdog takes it up to the favorite, so I've much enthusiasm for the results/situations as they stand.

Dunstan

While Mulgraves 307 is a great first innings score in any game let alone a semi the ground in question is small and lends itself to large totals. A good chase is possible and Glen Iris have shown that 300 is a score they can make. Good contest ahead today I feel.

Fat Alberts 266 is also a good first innings score and defend-able but not insurmountable. You'd imagine with conditions similar to yesterday that the Old Boys hailing from St Kevins have a chance.

A Turf

Bulleen apparently got out of jail after being 6/30ish to post 160odd in A Turf against the Canterbury Ghosts. Word on the street is that the turf at Bulleen is not the road that once it was (More state government cut-backs? The roads minister will hear of this!) and batting can be difficult. Can Canterbury get the 150 more they need? A lot rests on their top order.

Heathmont have already claimed a win against Burwood. Not much more speculation required.

B Turf

East Donny 2's have 200 on the board which we all know is defend-able if you bowl well. St Kevin himself will be praying that two teams named for he chase down scores of 200+ today.

Marcellin 3/88 V Ashwood 87. Ashwood in strife if they don't make some major inroads FAST. Funnier things have happened but I think the private school kids will prevail.

Etc Etc Etc

Will be a huge effort by GI if they can chase that total down - runs on the board are huge in finals as it allows the team bowling second to go very defensive, very early if they need to. The ability of the GI batsmen to take singles, and turn 1's into 2's will be the thing that gets them across the line (or a slashing ton filled with boundaries by one of their top 5!).

Skevs no chance of chasing down 266 imo.

Heathmont did exactly as expected, and now have a good break to reset. Their season has been excellent, and I expect them to comfortably dispatch either of the teams they can face in the GF.

Thoughts on the week-end results guys? The boys at Canterbury not getting the job done after being 3-126 chasing 165. A long off-season to ponder what could have been. Heathmont in a canter in A Turf me thinks. I bet Glen Iris are wishing that ECA finals are played in any month other than March. What a record in SF...hard to split GI and Deepdene as to who has the worst record in SF history. The Dunstan GF looks set to be a tight one. The MA pom could be the difference. Any word on GF venues yet??

Deep have had the worst Semi record for a long time, however, having won the flag last year the hoodoo has been transferred over to GI. This will be very hard to bounce back from. Red hot favourites, spent a fortune this year and got tight when it counted.

Deep have had the worst Semi record for a long time, however, having won the flag last year the hoodoo has been transferred over to GI. This will be very hard to bounce back from. Red hot favourites, spent a fortune this year and got tight when it counted.
Agree. GI would hate hearing the word Moomba!!

So, on the basis of rankings, does Koonung Park getting G Turf mean that it's the 7th best ground in the comp? Must be better than that. And surely Ashy's ground is better than NB's? Congratulations to the staff at Donvale. I haven't been up there for about 5 years, but I hear it's a great ground and wicket.

Interesting to see GI get knocked out. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Agree with everyone else's thoughts that this has to now be a Kennett like curse and it will take a lot of getting over. Maybe Eric Raven isn't really a home ground advantage after all? Perhaps they need to finish 3rd/4th?

Back