HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly doubt BHRDCA being remotely interested in reducing the high standard of their comp by accepting HDCA clubs.

The top four clubs in the HDCA would be a welcome addition to any suburban competition and wouldn't reduce the standard at all.

As for Clifton Hill, they left the year after Macleod left to go to the DVCA (about 10 years ago) saying they weren't sure of the long-term viability of the comp with Macleod gone, but if I remember correctly they had complaints about not getting enough finals matches at Ramsden Street, which probably didn't help.

The top four clubs in the HDCA would be a welcome addition to any suburban competition and wouldn't reduce the standard at all.

Like was mentioned earlier, every comp think their standard is best, or they at least overrate it.

Kerrimuir United was a very strong club in the old ESCA, winning multiple A Grade premierships. They left in about 1996 to go to BHRDCA. Despite their record they were graded by BHRDCA in Shield 2nds. And 15 years later they are still in Shield 2nds...

Mate facts are facts, they didn't lose, the answer is in Black and white! Anyway I think Rosanna will be lost in the Valley.
Can't wait and see what happens. seconds and thirds finished near the bottom of their grades were will the depth come
from??

Worry about yourself and your great comp lol!! I hear there is going to be a huge influx of Losers joining
so you can all live happy ever after!! Imagine, we leave and the HDCA folds. Fantastic Leadership from there so called
M/C all they talked about on Wed night was what "their" club would do now and that they couldn't go on! Joke!
If thy weren't up to it spill the board and see who would step up. But no we can't make it work lets just worry about our club!
So please don't wonder why we left!

Rosanna won the flag by sheer LUCK. Its BLACK & white. Remind me how many games did they win this year. Before you start, you will say you won the flag. But lets face it you wont make too many inroads at DVCA with your current squad. You have an opener that averages 12, No.3 that averages 19,your best bat that only scored a total of 200 runs before finals, your No.5 that scored less than 150 runs for the season & is lucky to get a game and a very,very long tail. Bowling is honest at best & I cant see them blasting teams out. Enjoy your time in second grade cricket because you will be there for a while. Instead of paying your players $$$$ you should invest some money on that cow paddock they call a cricket ground. 2nd rate club with 2nd rate people that have an EGO problem, just ask your ex PRESIDENT!!!

Berger do average sides win back to back?
Maybe worry about your own club and buy 2 players from srilanka next year.
Go Rosanna!

yes average sides do, you can't win when you make blunders like that! I have heard that the whole place has a major "EGO"
problem! They will be at home in the DVCA!!! The last of our clubs that went to The DVCA are nearly dead and buried, let me assure you that team would of destroyed Rosanna!! Didn't moneybank beat them by 60 odd runs a couple of weeks before they chocked in the semi??lol.

No one believes that HDCA has the depth of other competitions (or at least, the depth that other competitions spruik that they have), but I think you only have to look at the quality of the players in the top four or five teams to recognise that they will only improve whatever competition they join.

- Rosebank lack depth but have two stars, one who would still be playing District cricket if he wanted to.
- Edinburgh have two players with District cricket experience as well as a number of others who have played District 2's and sub district cricket
- Rosanna are pretty much the same as Edinburgh with one player who has playe District 1's as well as at least a couple of others who have played District 2's.
- Heidelberg of course had a first class cricketer from Sri Lanka play for them this season, three blokes who would hold their own in any suburban competition, as well as one young bowler who will be an absolute star if he stays in park cricket.

I guarantee you that at least three of the above teams will finish higher than mid table in whatever competition they play next year (provided line up's stay similar to this season, obviously). If any of them don't immediately play A grade (i.e. Macgibbon) in that competition, then a flag will be there's unless they choke.

West Heidelberg, East Ivanhoe and Viewbank are a different matter though, and would be unlikely to challenge in any A Grade competition unless they recruit heavily.

Probably a fair point, thinking this through though what if heidelberg rosanna banyule all end up at DVCA hard to say all three can win second grade and go up to Agrade immediately, particularly with a few v strong sides in money shield already, is it worth going across when like greensborough you can be stuck in moneyshield for years, or would it be better for those clubs to band together and approach say eca or nmca as a group and try to get a good deal?

Worry about yourself and your great comp lol!! I hear there is going to be a huge influx of Losers joining
so you can all live happy ever after!! Imagine, we leave and the HDCA folds. Fantastic Leadership from there so called
M/C all they talked about on Wed night was what "their" club would do now and that they couldn't go on! Joke!
If thy weren't up to it spill the board and see who would step up. But no we can't make it work lets just worry about our club!

The MC did everything in their power to put forward a proposal that we could establish a premier leauge between the best in the HDCA and the best in Jika, and to form a leauge which the bottom clubs are also looked after to ensure that they can still play their cricket against more suitable oppostion every week other than getting flogged by a teams 2nd XI when they are a clubs 4ths and the stagnant junior program could be reingnited and something new and exciting could have been created whilst also keeping the strong rivalries that have driven the HDCA for so many years.

Instead Rosanna decided to act on whats best for the Rosanna first 11 rather than whats best for their club and the comp that they have played in for decades and instead of playing the best of the best in Jika and HDCA they will go and play in the Money Shield next year, nothing agaisnt money shield, but im sure the main reason why Rosanna left was because their FIRST XI were sick of playing the viewbanks and west heidelbergs of the comp and they felt like they weren't been challenged in the HDCA, fair enough, they have won back to back and at the end of the day you cant argue with 2 flags. But why pull out of a merger that could see them play the best in the area week in week out while they still play against the strong HDCA rivals they have and opt to play in second grade of a comp? Im sure they will argue they will win and go up to Barclay within the year, but for memory so did strong Greensy and Mac teams and have a look where that ended up for them.

It took Macleod 6 years to get up into the top flight of Barclay Shield and have been in that grade permanently for the past 4 years. Money Shield flags are now harder to win due to the evenness of the competion. When we first joined, it was not uncommon to have your 3 or 4 outright victories per season as the bottom placed clubs were terrible at the time. I don't think there were any outrights this year from any side in that division , which tells us that the standard is quite good these days.
From where I stand, Rosanna will be extremely competitive in Money Shield but will have to contend with Lower Plenty, Eltham, Lalor Stars, Montmorency , and Greensborough who will all be hard to knock over in that division.

Hey Mate whichever Rossana Bloke you are. who are you calling losers mate. You live in a pretty small world if you know where your Club's at now. Your entering a Competition playing 2nd Grade cricket after winnning back to back flags in a A grade. How Low can a club get. Look at the Big Picture you stepping into a competition which is 2nd Grade against 11 other clubs playing on Sub Standard grounds in areas where normal city people would never heard off. I've seen 2 clubs in the last 10 years go to this comp where a club like yours will fit in very nicely and end up 2nd best as the juniors and seniors at those clubs since heading over have halved and i can't see your club being any different. If your Club had any brains and looked at the bigger picture you would have joined ECA which is the biggest Comp in Vic Metro. Just as a Spectator of this game i'm pretty sure your club will have to go Back to Back to BACK to get anywhere in the long Term otherwise you'll be having fun playing against the 2nd rate Clubs of the DVCA. The pressure is on now you don't win Next Season i'd love too see how many BLOKES would be putting their hands up to play another Season of 2nd Grade Cricket. If your Club wanted to give yourselves a challenge you would have put your hands up to Join a Merger and play the best teams of the NMCA to see how good you really were. If you call playing 2nd Grade in DVCA a challenge then go ahead and play against GREENSBOROUGH who couldn't even finish in the top 4 of the HDCA. I'd love to see how long John Raywood who won you that Grand Final would play 2nd Grade Cricket for.

Hey Mate whichever Rossana Bloke you are. who are you calling losers mate. You live in a pretty small world if you know where your Club's at now. Your entering a Competition playing 2nd Grade cricket after winnning back to back flags in a A grade. How Low can a club get. Look at the Big Picture you stepping into a competition which is 2nd Grade against 11 other clubs playing on Sub Standard grounds in areas where normal city people would never heard off. I've seen 2 clubs in the last 10 years go to this comp where a club like yours will fit in very nicely and end up 2nd best as the juniors and seniors at those clubs since heading over have halved and i can't see your club being any different. If your Club had any brains and looked at the bigger picture you would have joined ECA which is the biggest Comp in Vic Metro. Just as a Spectator of this game i'm pretty sure your club will have to go Back to Back to BACK to get anywhere in the long Term otherwise you'll be having fun playing against the 2nd rate Clubs of the DVCA. The pressure is on now you don't win Next Season i'd love too see how many BLOKES would be putting their hands up to play another Season of 2nd Grade Cricket. If your Club wanted to give yourselves a challenge you would have put your hands up to Join a Merger and play the best teams of the NMCA to see how good you really were. If you call playing 2nd Grade in DVCA a challenge then go ahead and play against GREENSBOROUGH who couldn't even finish in the top 4 of the HDCA. I'd love to see how long John Raywood who won you that Grand Final would play 2nd Grade Cricket for.

interesting time for the HDCA

All i'd say as a DVCA person to any HDCA club wishing to join the valley,
do all the research you can, then do it again..... before considering joining our comp, oh and when you do can please tell me who runs it!!!!!!!!

i can guarantee the DVadmin bloke will never call anyone back.

Moorabbin West Cricket Club
Affiliated with the CMCA
SEEKING KEY PERSONNEL FOR THE 2012-13 SEASON
We are a club looking to make a splash, with an expectation of finals next season. Our 1st XI competes in Woolnough Shield and was a finals contender for most of this season, whilst our 2nd XI were D Grade Premiers and will move up to C Grade next year.
We have a solid mix of youth and experience and have already put a new Captain/Coach in place, along with an ambitous and united leadership group.
We now seek the experience and skills of a quality top or middle order batsman.
The person we're after will ideally possess:
  • Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
  • A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
  • A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
  • A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
In return we offer remuneration consistant with your experience and skill set and a club hungry for success.
Suitable candidates will preferably have statistical credentials available on MyCricket or similar league websites.
Resumes/Applications or Enquiries can be forwarded to moorabbinwestcricketclub@gmail.com or enquiries can be made on 0413 928 287
Applications close 4th May, 2012.

Ricky Arnold has rejected Rosanna's 15k offer to play with them next year citing that his time would be best suited with Edinburgh CC's female team

Berger do average sides win back to back?
Maybe worry about your own club and buy 2 players from srilanka next year.
Go Rosanna!
that guy who went for the massive celebration after getting Steve Favrin out in the Grand Final must think he's a good cricketer. What will he tell blokes who would ask him what level cricket he's playing next season. Isn't it true that Money Shield is just a bunch of nobodies. I actually couldn't name 1 player that plays Money Shield. What a Shadow of a Grade. 2 piece cricket balls DVCA must class that grade as equivelant to JUNIOR cricket. Isn't true the synthetic mats they play on in that grade are old and scruffed up. Rosanna will fit in pretty well they don't act as if they are professional or anything with their cream shirts and pants saying 1stXI. There not fancy just a little be schmancie.

Go the dogggiessss

that guy who went for the massive celebration after getting Steve Favrin out in the Grand Final must think he's a good cricketer. What will he tell blokes who would ask him what level cricket he's playing next season. Isn't it true that Money Shield is just a bunch of nobodies. I actually couldn't name 1 player that plays Money Shield. What a Shadow of a Grade. 2 piece cricket balls DVCA must class that grade as equivelant to JUNIOR cricket. Isn't true the synthetic mats they play on in that grade are old and scruffed up. Rosanna will fit in pretty well they don't act as if they are professional or anything with their cream shirts and pants saying 1stXI. There not fancy just a little be schmancie.
Go the dogggiessss

We were the best club in the hdca by a country mile, now we have moved on for more of a challenge, get over it. The grand final was close but no one was ever going to trouble us.

Can't wait to play DV next season we may be in 2nd grade but it won't be for long.

Go the zannas

We were the best club in the hdca by a country mile, now we have moved on for more of a challenge, get over it. The grand final was close but no one was ever going to trouble us.

Can't wait to play DV next season we may be in 2nd grade but it won't be for long.

Go the zannas

So Rosanna are the best club in the HDCA by a country mile?? How did their seconds, thirds and fourths go this year? Did they see any finals action in March?
As for their 1st XI I had a look through their results and not too far out from the finals they didn't fare too well against Moneybank in a two dayer. I enjoy the hubris that's suffered by big papa smurf and the rest of de winton park's population

Go the zannas
GET OVER IT. I'm pretty sure you blokes were the ones calling the rest of the HDCA sore losers and what not. We just replied back of who the real LOSER was out of this. For My recollection of events ROSEBANK went undefeated the 1st year they entered this comp yet the didn't complain about standard or seeking another challenge. You must be mentally impaired if you think you weren't troubled in the GRAND FINAL. I even heard words from your very own CHAMP JOHN RAYWOOD saying even he didn't know HOW THEY WON THIS ONE. Fair statement coming from half your 1stXI team for the last 10 years. I can see why your in a hurry to go to the DV because we know you can't wait to play your 2nd GRADE MATES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back