Icc World Cup 2011

You would have to think India will pretty tough to beat from here, 1 for 110 in quick time is a great platform with their best player getting 3 lives. Still a long way to go though hopefully there are some twists and it doesn't turn out to be a fizzer.
India are terrible at batting at the death, though. They keep setting up these platforms but can't go on. Pakistan's bowling strength is at the death so it's sort of lose-lose for India.

Pakistan's strength is in doing that with Umar, Afridi and Razzaq, so the total is going to have to be pretty high. To keep them out.

Then again I am just talking Pakistan up because I'm backing them for this game... :D

Gambhir gone! The middle order getting exposed now...

Tendulkar dropped again, not all that hard either. This is getting quite ridiculous. Afridi must be spewing.

Tendulkar dropped again, not all that hard either. This is getting quite ridiculous. Afridi must be spewing.
You said it yourself with Pakistan... the most predictable thing is their unpredictability.

Sometimes they are great in the field and sometimes they aren't. In a World Cup semi final that's not a good thing.

India are terrible at batting at the death, though. They keep setting up these platforms but can't go on. Pakistan's bowling strength is at the death so it's sort of lose-lose for India.

Pakistan's strength is in doing that with Umar, Afridi and Razzaq, so the total is going to have to be pretty high. To keep them out.

Then again I am just talking Pakistan up because I'm backing them for this game... :D

Gambhir gone! The middle order getting exposed now...

Their death bowling is bad, NZ hit them for 92 off four overs in the group stage. Was dreadful bowling but some great batting.

Their death bowling is bad, NZ hit them for 92 off four overs in the group stage. Was dreadful bowling but some great batting.
I call that the exception that proves the rule, I've got to disagree with that. I've followed Pakistan for the last year or so quite closely and Gul especially I would rate as probably the best death bowler in the game. They aren't super special but they are certainly strong, and when you're lower order isn't firing as well as it should then it poses a bit more of a risk.

Good fight back by Pakistan against the odds, looking like restricting India to a chase-able total. It would be handy if Umar Gul wasn't bowling complete rubbish though.

Harbhajan gone now off an Ajmal doosra, 7 for 236.

Gul's bowled garbage in this game so far although I agree that he does a good job most times. Pakistan have been okay in this game at the death although they have been bowling to part of the tail.

It's getting to the point now, where i hope for the sake of all in India that they win the cup. The population are getting expectant and restless so if the Sri Lankan's beat them there will be big trouble in India.

Feel for the Proteas, they were probably the team to win this thing but have let it slip again.

@Kram81 mate I could not have said that better. The wicket was the same for both sides and South Africa never got off the bus from the Hotel. With regards to bigger chokers I would like to point you to the All Black rugby union side and the English soccer / football team, they however dont come close to the Proteas.

Oh i recon the All Blacks are very close to the mark, surely the next cup is theirs??
As for the English, if the ever one the football cup the team would all be crownd kings of the UK whether the scotts like it or not.
The Pom's are the kings of over reaction and reward for mediocrity.

Tendulkar gets 2 lucky breaks, LBW reversed and a near stumping, lord knows how that ball was supposed to be not even clipping the stumps..

And that's 3, dropped off a fairly straightforward chance.

Funny the Indians hate the referral system but happily use it. If i remember correctly the hawk eye system is not being used because the owner could not trust the Indians to pay up and not steel the technology. So how can you have a fair LBW referral with out it.

So India vs Sri Lanka in the final. Not all that much of a surprise consiering the tournament has been played at the subcontinent. I thought Pakistan were a chance but once again their batting failed when it mattered.

Should be a good game but India will probably win. If they don't the country could descend into a civil war. :p

India hold the world cup. Congrats to them they have worked hard for it and were probably the most deserving. It will now be interesting to see if they can maintain their dominance over the next four years or if a new power will emerge. Maybe South Africa will overcome the wobbles.

Wow, what a World Cup. I was thinking at the start of it that it was going to be terrible considering the state of the sub-continent at the moment and the ever-boring pitches they produce, but there were quite a few games amongst it all.

Finally Tendulkar gets a World Cup to add to his extensive CV. Momentus win for India and you can only imagine the sort of partying that's happening right now.

The match between Ind vs Pak, Ind vs Aus, Ire vs Eng, Ind vs SA, Ind vs Eng was so enjoyable, also semifinal and obviously final match between India vs Srilanka was so amazing.

Back