India in Pakistan

indiancricketer

India in Pakistan

[img:1vk480fo]http://www.mumbaikids.net/hummerzone/cricketstories/indpak.gif[/img:1vk480fo]
India play Pakistan for 3 Test matches and 5 odi's

[b:1vk480fo][i:1vk480fo]Practice Games[/i:1vk480fo][/b:1vk480fo]
Pakistan A - Lahore (Jan 7 - 9)

[b:1vk480fo][i:1vk480fo]Test Series[/i:1vk480fo][/b:1vk480fo]
1st Test - Lahore (Jan 13 - 17)
2nd Test - Faisalabad (Jan 21 - 25)
3rd Test - Karachi (Jan 29 - Feb 2)

[b:1vk480fo][i:1vk480fo]ODI Series[/i:1vk480fo][/b:1vk480fo]
1st ODI - Peshawar (Feb 6)
2nd ODI - Rawalpindi (Feb 11)
3rd ODI - Lahore (Feb 13 (D/N))
4th ODI - Multan (Feb 16 (D/N))
5th ODI - Karachi (Feb 19)

[b:1vk480fo][i:1vk480fo]Squads[/i:1vk480fo][/b:1vk480fo]

[color=Orange:1vk480fo][b:1vk480fo]INDIA[/b:1vk480fo][/color:1vk480fo]
*Rahul Dravid
Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Wasim Jaffer
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Yuvraj Singh
Sourav Ganguly
+MS Dhoni
Parthiv Patel
Irfan Pathan
Zaheer Khan
Ajit Agarkar
Rudra Pratap Singh
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh

[color=Green:1vk480fo][b:1vk480fo]PAKISTAN[/b:1vk480fo][/color:1vk480fo]
Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt)
Salman Butt
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Mohammad Sami
Danish Kaneria
Arshad Khan
Mohammad Asif
Umar Gul
Asim Kamal
Yasir Hameed
Raffatullah Mohmand

This series is going to be a great series because both teams are on a role.India has momentum from beating Sri lanka and Pakistan as momentum from beating England. This indo-pak contest will definatly be the "mother of all series". i hope india wins.good luck to team india

Post your thoughts

India in Pakistan

Inzy , Akhtar and kaneria are the BIGGEST threat to The indian team... very reliable players.... also i think yousf might become handy

India in Pakistan

Im going to post my personal ratings on the Indian and Pakistani cricketers. Im trying my best not to be biased, but come on, im the admin of an Indian team forum! :p

ill start with India

Sachin Tendulkar: 9/10. The worlds greatest batsman, and tends to do extremly well against Pakistan. We all remember the world cup match, right?

Rahul Dravid: 9/10: The wall has also done extremely well for India not only against Pakistan, but all over. Mr. Reliable is a suitable nickname. As captain he's awesome, and motivates his players even in the dimmest situations.

Virender Sehwag: 7/10: a bit inconsistant off late, but destructive non the less.

Sourav Ganguly: 6/10: terribly inconsistant, and it doesn't help when he resives no motivation from the selectors or his country. Averaged 7 in the last ODI series in which the two rivals met.

VVS Laxman: 7/10 Test god, and highly underestimated. has performed very consistantly in the last 2 series, and is expected to do no less in Pakistan

Harbajan Singh: 9/10. Wowo, in tests, he's awesome. He spins the ball a mile, and it seems as though he picks up a 5 wicket haul at least once a match.

Anil Kumble: 9/10: Same as harbajan. legend. India's best bowler in tests.

MS Dhoni: 8/10: Coming up rapidly in international cricket, and struck an awesome 147 against Pakistan in the ODI's. He also recently smashed 183* against sri lanka, the highest by any batsman.

will have Pakistani ratings soon.

India in Pakistan

Indian team very well rated there by Cricketman

I totally agree with everything u said there....lets hope india win both the ODI's n The TEST's this time around

India in Pakistan

Parthiv Patel, the wicketkeeper-batsman, who has opened for India several times including the Rawalpindi Test last year in which he made 65, said he preferred the opening position. "Opening gives me confidence," said the diminutive player who made 47 as an opener for Gujarat in their Elite Division Ranji Trophy match against Mumbai at Ahmedabad on Wednesday.

"I was batting confidently. I am a bit disappointed about the manner in which I got out," Parthiv said, adding that he was able to successfully negotiate the seaming ball on a green track.

"The ball was seaming in the morning and I had planned to get a big score under my belt which would have given me added confidence before the tour of Pakistan," Parthiv told mediapersons. He said he was under no pressure when he was about to reach his 50. Parthiv fell at 47 off Ramesh Powar.

He said he was well aware that he was touring Pakistan as a second wicketkeeper but was "ready to grab any opportunity" during the Test series and make the most of it.

? PTI[/quote:32xkwhrv]

icon_sad.gif

India in Pakistan

I feel this Indian team is not only in much greater form, but is far fitter than the one under the Wright regime. Our catching has also been up to par, especially when compared to the horrific series (in terms of fielding) between AUstralia and South AFrica.

India in Pakistan

Dhoni v Akmal

I'm sure if this was a poll, it would be a landslide victory for Dhoni, considering the national afiliations. Dhoni, does have a better ability at wicket-keeping, as the statistics say, and is a prolific batsmen; however, whats your opinion on the difference between the two.

Also, is it ok if I use the Indian team signature? I like it very much!

India in Pakistan

Akmal himself complimented Dhoni profusely in a recent article in the Indian newspapers. Statistically, Dhoni easily crushes Akmal, but I haven't really watched Akmal play in recent times. I think Akmal is a great keeper, though, possibly better than Dhoni. India, unfortunately, have a habit of producing keepers that are prolific scorers, but not excellent behind the stumps.

India in Pakistan

Dhoni does have more catches and stumpings in fewer games. He has dropped some, especially when India needed him, but hopefully that has changed.

India in Pakistan

True, but keepers are bound to get catches. I think Dhoni also has a tougher job as he has to keep to Harbhajan and Kumble, whereas Akmal just has to keep to Kaneria (and Akhtar).

India in Pakistan

I've never seen him play, but i've heard Kartik has been the best Wicket Keeper for India. But i'd still go with dhoni considering he's an awesome batter and decent behind the stumps.

India in Pakistan

[quote="Cricketman ":2zy5r72t]
I've never seen him play, but i've heard Kartik has been the best Wicket Keeper for India. But i'd still go with dhoni considering he's an awesome batter and decent behind the stumps.
[/quote:2zy5r72t]

Karthik has been floundering with the bat lately. He scored a century in the last match in the Ranjit trophy, but fell for a duck this time around Bengal. Unless he improves his batting, he will never get into the Indian side.

India in Pakistan

KKD has much work to do before he can get back into the Indian team. He is currently being kept out by Dhoni and Patel, and possibly Dasgupta (Bengal captain).

India in Pakistan

There's only so much you can read from a domestic performance, though. Especially if you're going into face Shoaib Akhtar and Co.

Back