India in Pakistan

India in Pakistan

PTI

January 6, 2006

Pakistan today said it would invite Manmohan Singh, the prime minister of India, if he wishes to watch any of the matches in the series that starts with the first Test at Lahore on January 13.

India had invited Gen Musharraf last year during Pakistan's tour after the general said in a newspaper interview that he was not averse to going over to watch a match if invited. Tasnim Aslam, Pakistan foreign office spokesperson, said, on its part the Pakistan government would welcome the reciprocal visit by Singh.

Asked whether Pakistan had extended an invitation, "not as yet", was her reply. However, she added: "I cannot confirm it nor rule it out. If the prime minister wishes to come, an invitation will be extended. The Indian team is arriving on a 45-day tour. It is long enough for anything to happen. Hopefully for the best."

? PTI

India in Pakistan

In 53 Tests between the two neighbours, Pakistan have won 11 to India's eight, with a massive 34 ending in a draw. In Pakistan, the home side have won six of the 23 matches, losing just two and drawing the other 15. The fact that the two squads are used to the conditions of their opponents makes draws more likely, as is the traditionally slow pace of the pitches.

However, there are rumours that Pakistan are preparing faster than normal pitches to welcome India, based, supposedly, on the theory that India's top order are vulnerable to pace. That, though, is a bit of a stretch when you consider that the likes of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and Ganguly have made stacks of runs against every pace attack in the world game.

When India won the series in 2004, Sehwag made a triple century, Dravid a double and Tendulkar was just six runs away from a double of his own. If they show top form, it's hard to see Pakistan winning any of the matches. Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq is in sensational form of his own, of course, having averaged more than 100 against England but he'll have to lead by example if his team are to prosper. Harbhajan Singh and Anil Kumble will toil away at their batting line-up while Irhan Pathan has shown useful form, and he can bit a bit too.

Pakistan have not lost to India in six Tests in Lahore, venue for the first Test, and the Gaddafi Stadium was the scene of their lone win when India toured in 2004. They have won one and drawn the other three Tests against India in Faisalabad, where the second match will be played, while in Karachi, where the series will end, they are also unbeaten, winning two and drawing the other three.

India are on something of a roll, having won 11 and lost just four of their past 20 Tests. The selection of former captain Sourav Ganguly is an interesting one, and bet365 may well produce some specials on his performance. The left-hander will add to India's experience and he will be out to prove he still has something to offer at the highest level, despite being replaced as captain by Dravid. [/quote:1xngjcmn]
-Cricinfo.com

This is going to be a helluva series, folks.

India in Pakistan

This is going to be one of the most intersting series in the history of cricket
Both India n Pakistan are going thru a great form right now....lets c how india is going to do in the warm up match today

India in Pakistan

A few errors:

[quote="Cricketman ":1smu26u4]
I've never seen him play, but i've heard [b:1smu26u4]Kartik[/b:1smu26u4] has been the best Wicket Keeper for India. But i'd still go with dhoni considering he's an awesome batter and decent behind the stumps.
[/quote:1smu26u4]
[u:1smu26u4][b:1smu26u4]Karthik!!![/b:1smu26u4][/u:1smu26u4] Your lucky reps. don't work here! :p

[quote="Cricketman ":1smu26u4]MS Dhoni: 8/10: Coming up rapidly in international cricket, and struck an awesome 147 against Pakistan in the ODI's. He also recently smashed 183* against sri lanka, the highest by any batsman.[/quote:1smu26u4]
Wrong, his 183* was the highest [i:1smu26u4]by any wicketkeeper.[/i:1smu26u4]

India in Pakistan

Oh great, Zorax is here.
icon_biggrin.gif

I changed the first post to make it more 'exciting' and I also added a poll.

India in Pakistan

[quote="sohum ":3ml881np]
Oh great, Zorax is here.
icon_biggrin.gif

I changed the first post to make it more 'exciting' and I also added a poll.
[/quote:3ml881np]
A poll, In and Indian forum, asking us who will win?

Seriously?
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

India in Pakistan

I'm sure there are actually a few intellectuals within us who understand the game of cricket.
icon_wink.gif

India in Pakistan

The Indian top order has performed beyond expectations (atleast my expectations) in this first tour match against Pakistan A. Every single batsman who has gotten out has scored a half-century. The score currently is 298/4. I hope this form carries over to the first match against Pakistan.

India in Pakistan

Everyone played well in the warmup match...looks like everyone is in great form n hopefully they can carry this form in the 1 test

India in Pakistan

yeah top order sure did shut the mouth of wasim akram... as he said before india top order is struggling... that sure is going to keep him shut

India in Pakistan

[quote="pal ":3iswam0r]
It doesn't matter where it is. It seems like a whole another episode in the conflict between the BCCI and Ganguly, but has nothing to do with the actual series against Pakistan.

In a place like Planetcricket, these two topics would be merged even by me like indiancricketer, since international cricket is the main concern, but in a forum where we discuss Indian cricket alone, it's all right to discuss these things separately.
[/quote:3iswam0r][quote="sohum ":3iswam0r]
Admittedly, though, the pitch is flat and a batting beauty.
[/quote:3iswam0r]

Yeah, in the current situation my comment looks pretty darned stupid. In Indopak news, I'll probably be covering this tournament in my cricket site which is located here[/url:3iswam0r]. It's not updated yet, but once I get back to uni I'll spice it up with some Indopak masala! This series is really making me excited.

India in Pakistan

I dont think there will be a result in the warm-up match....but all i can say is that the warm up match did help all the indians

India in Pakistan

The warm up match ends in a draw as expected.
Good things from the match for India - All of the batsmen got 50's except Dhoni n in the second innings both the oppeners played well for the small time that they had
As for the bowling all of the bowlers were able to pick up atleast 1 wicket

Back