MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

allrounder;352123 said:
Sunshine Heights, Sammy Kandage still playing???

His last year here was my first. He tried to get me over with him to Northcote somewhere, but im very happy where i am. I like this comp, is good.

Campaigner;352073 said:
St Andrew's gone to the VTCA.....see below from VTCA website...it's happening everywhre!!!!

DIVISIONAL RE STRUCTURE 2009/10 RELEASED

Last updated: Tuesday June 2, 2009 8:26PM

The Divisional re structure for Season 2009/10 has been relaesed. The following is a copy of notification sent to Clubs.

After a long and exhaustive consideration process the VTCA wishes to announce the Divisional Structure for the forthcoming Season 2009/10. All clubs were given the opportunity to enter a submission to the VTCA Sub-committee, on analysis of these submissions the gradings have been made.
The divisional numbers and teams are set. The Executive is though still awaiting further information on an application for entry from another North based side. If this application eventuates and is accepted it will facilitate a change from nine (9) teams in North B to eight (8) teams. Two further teams will be added to North A to make a ten (10) team division, again the process for selection will be done via submissions accepted from all interested North B clubs. Clubs will be notified if this is to be the case.

It is also worth making clear that a clubs Second XI fixture will mirror that of the First XI at all levels.

At this point the Executive would like to welcome the three new teams into North B. Altona Roosters, St Andrews and Taylors Lakes have all been very strong competitors in their previous Associations and as such will only add to the overall strength of the VTCA.

that is a load of crap St Andrews will not be joining the VTCA next year we will be here and here in a big way go saints 09/10

10notout;352281 said:
Does anyone think any club in the MMVCA is up to VTCA standard?

10 no, I would think the top 6 could hold their own in the VTCA, especially at the entry level. Honestly I think a club would progress by entering the VTCA if it suited the club and what it was trying to achieve. Clubs with a strong junior program would succeed and progress through the ranks, eventually playing some strong cricket. Don't be fooled there are some good cricketers getting around in the VTCA at all levels- wouldn't be the worse idea a club would have going there. Nice wickets!!:D

Just a comment on the merger that did not go ahead. With Taylors Lakes leaving NWCA and going to VCTA just proves that their clubs wanted to play on turf and they would of tried to take over the weaker clubs and push them off their grounds. So well done to all that voted NO!!!!!!!!

My Captain said:
Just a comment on the merger that did not go ahead. With Taylors Lakes leaving NWCA and going to VCTA just proves that their clubs wanted to play on turf and they would of tried to take over the weaker clubs and push them off their grounds. So well done to all that voted NO!!!!!!!!

I think it means that Taylors Lakes wanted to play on turf. I can't see how they could have taken over any grounds in Moreland or Moonee Valley.

You might want to look at getting some treatment - paranoia can be very harmful.

any updated news on who will be coach who this year?
who will replace jolley at saint andrews?

also a turf grand final umpire allan tayloree has quit the league and will now be umpiring in the SubDistricts. HAHAHAHAHA

and Ken Silver has upped it out off pacco and will noe be playing for the mighty saint andrews from 2009/2010

and with him comes all og pascoe vales juniors

10notout;352281 said:
Does anyone think any club in the MMVCA is up to VTCA standard?

After seeing your comps Granny this year i would think that they would be competitive in NthB but would get smashed in NthA or higher. No disrespect intended but it's a different style of cricket & the standard is alot higher. If you run it Zoran ask him, he'll tell you.

GauginStars;353065 said:

also a turf grand final umpire allan tayloree has quit the league and will now be umpiring in the SubDistricts. HAHAHAHAHA

I'm sure we all have different opinions of Allan, but in the end we have lost an A Turf umpire which the comp can't afford to lose. One less umpire for the lower grades, as the umpires all move up the pecking order.

Guru14;352389 said:
10 no, I would think the top 6 could hold their own in the VTCA, especially at the entry level. Honestly I think a club would progress by entering the VTCA if it suited the club and what it was trying to achieve. Clubs with a strong junior program would succeed and progress through the ranks, eventually playing some strong cricket. Don't be fooled there are some good cricketers getting around in the VTCA at all levels- wouldn't be the worse idea a club would have going there. Nice wickets!!:D

Word is the VTCA are taking on new Clubs this Season as part of their re structure, but have a policy of not chasing clubs, they wait for Clubs to approach them.
What about your mob Guru ? Would they have a crack, and would they be up to it ?

My Captain said:

Don't know where you get your info from but that is the biggest load of crap I have read and heard this year.2 teams out of over 300 went to turf. I played turf for 15 years and it makes no difference.If your'e a dud cricketer no matter what wicket you play on your'e still a dud. Most people think that Turf is the god almighty of cricket but you still need the ability to be able to succeed. Alot of people assume that because they play on turf they are better than others. They seem to mix up their capabilities with their abilities.:eek:

GauginStars;353065 said:

tell someone who cares

bomber27;353135 said:
I'm sure we all have different opinions of Allan, but in the end we have lost an A Turf umpire which the comp can't afford to lose. One less umpire for the lower grades, as the umpires all move up the pecking order.

Bomber,

i dont have anything against Allan, i was just informing everyone that one of the GOOD umpires has moved on to another league..
Allan,
good luck, and may we see you again:)

12thman;353141 said:
Don't know where you get your info from but that is the biggest load of crap I have read and heard this year.2 teams out of over 300 went to turf. I played turf for 15 years and it makes no difference.If your'e a dud cricketer no matter what wicket you play on your'e still a dud. Most people think that Turf is the god almighty of cricket but you still need the ability to be able to succeed. Alot of people assume that because they play on turf they are better than others. They seem to mix up their capabilities with their abilities.:eek:

currently playing for a turf club and i reali do agree..you come across some players who are just there abouts but they do think they are absolute guns!! lot of poeple at our level forget wat they are reali playing for

Sainters_3_Peat;352252 said:
that is a load of crap St Andrews will not be joining the VTCA next year we will be here and here in a big way go saints 09/10
bladdy hope so buddy..cant wait too smack ya round the park again mate!!

12thman;353141 said:

Sounds like a man who struggled for 15 years on turf! Turf suits some and doesn't suit others the same can be said about the hard wickets. Taylors I think are looking at providing themselves a new challenge and they feel turf can be the challenge. Good luck to them, bold move and I hope they are successful at it. Turf tests you mentally as well as physically a little more than the hard wicket stuff, patience and all that other crap 12th man.

12thman;353141 said:
12thman I do not know what you are on about, I did not say that a turf player is better than a matting player. I simply said that some NWCA teams wanted to play on turf, and at the merger talks the NWCA kept saying that no change would of been done in the turf grades for at least 2 years. And now the next year Taylors Lakes have gone to the VTCA.It just seems sus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back