New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Knowa;347855 said:
Grassmere comp or South West?

Sounds like you know your stuff. Grassmere comp.
Players are damn hard to find these days and am hoping this forum mite open a few doors outside the same old names that come up locally each year

saw in the paper the mighty dinos seeking a new coach.
anyone know if anderson going to geelong west is true or is still at dinoland but just not coaching?

Stedy Eddy;347428 said:
The reason 4 me calling him a pea heart this year is because second game we played against modda he bowled 2 overs got smashed cracked the shits didn't bowl again. last game of the year didnt bowl. first week in finals it was a bit wet and i was talkin to a modda bloke and he asked matty if he was goin to bowl today and he told the bloke to go and get f$%ked. He did bowl that day, when the game was over and we where 4/200 after 50 overs if he was injured and couldn't bowl he shouldn't of played cause he was not in that side as a batsman. We had a bloke that tore a muscle in his side against modda last game and bowled in the semi's against guild in pain and his figures were 16overs 6 for 24. Some people just have to man up.

He didn't wanna play that game steady he told the club he was down with sickness. He had glandular fever early on in the year, I actually watched that game and I remember watching him in the field and he was struggling to stand so I wouldn't go saying things when you don't know the full story. I checked his figures for that day steddy and they were 3 overs 0/9 so hardly smashed mate.

allrounder;347921 said:
Sounds like you know your stuff. Grassmere comp.
Players are damn hard to find these days and am hoping this forum mite open a few doors outside the same old names that come up locally each year

Yeah know a bit about it. Played for Panmure for quite a few years including three of their premierships. Then had a stint in WDCA for a five or so years. You're right about the same old players being recycled down there. Only the players chasing coin are the ones that move.

what a waste of talent playing for st.albans... he should never have left geelong originally to play for NDCC... cash is good but come on he is one of the quickest blokes in victoria! he could have been anything if it wern't for his partying nature

Brad_Hogg;342926 said:
Wasnt a bad call about Millsy, his a good bloke, but thank god his out of the BPCA that would of been dangerous for all concerned, he is lightning, and if he gets it right will kill someone, haha....

There is no way Buchanan or Muller will play at Newtown this year, both Leo and Bluey are heavily tied up at GCC and are also involved in the rockets and state trainings so it wouldnt be likely of them leaving.....

Especially if you read in the addy or the geelong cc website where it clearly states that buchanan has signed at damian shannahans assistant for season 2009/10

The Truth 18;343018 said:
I hear Marshel and Corio may be headed for gca3 also. Newcomb or newtown down for thomson. Im also told the thommy are quite happy where they are. So who nows what the gca is thinking! Remember last year I think Highton where promoted and they told the gca they didnt want to go up and they didnt.

there is an unwritten law that clubs like newtown east belmont and geelong city would never be demoted as they have a high standing in the gca... especially city as robert agg ows the joint pretty much (city that is) and he is the president of the gca

whatdoumeanwashe;346303 said:
Has the money finally run out at Modda and Carrolls on his way home with his tail between his legs? :D

well seeing that nathan abletts sorce of income for being AFL listed which sees 6000 to the modawarre football and cricket club each year proves yes "HERE THERE IS NO CASH....NO CASH" so the fergatron is looking elsewhere and i dare say others like carroll, matthew "lurch" caufield and scott hovey will dissapear too???

obser;347355 said:
Matt Caulfield hasn't played G.C.A 1sts for about 5 seasons he would need to do a massive pre-season which I don't think he is capable of to perform well at that level, everyone knows if he got fair dinkum he could be a great player but he is happy doing his own thing and I don't think he will ever change that, time might pass him by.

Ahh just catching up on all the topics... Matthew Caufield where do i start
Lets see... at age 17 was told if you dont have a job by the day your 18 your out on your ass
got a job working for geelong cement or pivot from memory and gave up after 2 days as he didnt want to hurt his bowling arm thinking that he was going to be the next messiah in geelong cricket!!
Also another caufield file is that fast bowlers at east were told to not bowl short or hurt him in the nets as he was a fragile and going to be the saviour!!

So for someone to say cufiled is to play GCA 1's again or maybe next season id put my house on it not happening

supersaintjohnny;348470 said:
Who do you play for mate? Australia or the World 11? Give it a rest!:)

Obviously got an opinion the lad. . . . Hope he doesn't tell us what he really thinks. . . :eek:

whatdoumeanwashe;346303 said:
Has the money finally run out at Modda and Carrolls on his way home with his tail between his legs? :D

heard a rumour bout modda dont no if it's true but zane carroll is having a year off cricket and scott hovey will take over as coach.

Stedy Eddy;348521 said:
heard a rumour bout modda dont no if it's true but zane carroll is having a year off cricket and scott hovey will take over as coach.

Steddy, correct, Zane Carroll is having a year off to concentrate spending more time with his family. And I doubt very much that Scott Hovey will be coach as his work barely allows him to train once a week at times. And DUFFMAN you are an absolute moron. I hope some of these players you are bad mouthing see this and find out who you are.

Knowa;348005 said:
Yeah know a bit about it. Played for Panmure for quite a few years including three of their premierships. Then had a stint in WDCA for a five or so years. You're right about the same old players being recycled down there. Only the players chasing coin are the ones that move.

We been lucky over past few years, had some good players come out of wdca and play some good cricket for us. we put together a good case to these blokes when we approach them and make a good impression and dont talk crap or promise them things we cant deliver.

As for coin they cost us nothing we just waive their fees and give them uniforms to play in and for social (polo tops/jackets)

Dont talk to me about bloody Panmures flags cos im still havin nightmares about the last 2. You playin in Geelong? wondering if Gino Moro is umpiring down there.

Anyway back on topic here.

Who are the reappointed/appointed coaches for 09/10 so far?

Fill in your club or others you know of-

Anakie/Aireys Inlet:

Alexander Thomson:

Bannockburn:

Bell Park:

Bell Post Hill:

Corio Bay:

Corio:

East Belmont:

Geelong City:

Geelong West:

Grovedale

Guild Saints:

Highton:

Inverleigh:

Lara:

Leopold:

Lethbridge:

Little River:

Manifold Heights:

Marshall:

Meredith/Shelford:

Modewarre:

Murgheboluc:

Newcomb & District:

Newtown & Chilwell:

North Geelong:

North Shore:

South Bawron:

St Albans/Breakwater: Justin Miller

St Joseph's:

St Peter's:

Teesdale:

Thomson:

Torquay:

Waurn Ponds:

Winchelsea:

allrounder;348548 said:
We been lucky over past few years, had some good players come out of wdca and play some good cricket for us. we put together a good case to these blokes when we approach them and make a good impression and dont talk crap or promise them things we cant deliver.

As for coin they cost us nothing we just waive their fees and give them uniforms to play in and for social (polo tops/jackets)

Dont talk to me about bloody Panmures flags cos im still havin nightmares about the last 2. You playin in Geelong? wondering if Gino Moro is umpiring down there.

Ahhh, I take it from this comment you must play for Mailor's Flat (is this Leigh Finn). You were a bit stiff this year when you had a good score on the board and had the bulldogs on the ropes but they are a very experienced side that bats right down. Maybe next year if you can keep hold of your players and be able to overcome the Panmure hoodoo. You have got a fairly handy Sri Lankan I hear (Bopa Gamage or whatever his name is).

Haven't come across Gino Moro as an umpire (or not that I know of). Will keep an eye for him. I don't know of anyone moving down that way though.

Anakie/Aireys Inlet:

Alexander Thomson:

Bannockburn:

Bell Park:

Bell Post Hill:

Corio Bay:

Corio:

East Belmont:

Geelong City:

Geelong West:

Grovedale

Guild Saints:

Highton:

Inverleigh:

Lara:

Leopold:

Lethbridge:

Little River:

Manifold Heights:

Marshall:

Meredith/Shelford:

Modewarre:

Murgheboluc:

Newcomb & District:

Newtown & Chilwell:

North Geelong: Ross Aylmer still coaching.. Colin Millard still Captain.. Fergy now our Professional Player

North Shore:

South Bawron:

St Joseph's:

St Peter's:

Teesdale:

Thomson:

Torquay:

Waurn Ponds:

Winchelsea:

I Bowl Meat Pies;348727 said:
Anakie/Aireys Inlet:

Alexander Thomson:

Bannockburn:

Bell Park:

Bell Post Hill:

Corio Bay:

Corio:

East Belmont:

Geelong City:

Geelong West:

Grovedale

Guild Saints:

Highton:

Inverleigh:

Lara:

Leopold:

Lethbridge:

Little River:

Manifold Heights:

Marshall:

Meredith/Shelford:

Modewarre:

Murgheboluc:

Newcomb & District:

Newtown & Chilwell:

North Geelong: Ross Aylmer still coaching.. Colin Millard still Captain.. Fergy now our Professional Player

North Shore:

South Bawron:

St Joseph's:

St Peter's: Steve Illingworth

Teesdale:

Thomson:

Torquay:

Waurn Ponds:

Winchelsea:

As above. For what it's worth, St Albans should undergo an assessment criteria oike other GCA clubs before admittance and this should be where they fit in. If Div 2; so be it, welcome aboard.

Knowa;348711 said:
Ahhh, I take it from this comment you must play for Mailor's Flat (is this Leigh Finn). You were a bit stiff this year when you had a good score on the board and had the bulldogs on the ropes but they are a very experienced side that bats right down. Maybe next year if you can keep hold of your players and be able to overcome the Panmure hoodoo. You have got a fairly handy Sri Lankan I hear (Bopa Gamage or whatever his name is).

Haven't come across Gino Moro as an umpire (or not that I know of). Will keep an eye for him. I don't know of anyone moving down that way though.

gino moro umpires in the bellarine cricket association .. good bloke struggles sometimes as a umpire

know all;348798 said:
talk is cheap.... try giving ur captain a bit of support by making a few runs yourself instead of leaving it up to him every week.

I would if I could, but I am no good with the bat. You should know that by now!!! We have played each other enough over the years!

Knowa;348711 said:

Na, not Finny. Lankan is meant 2 be comin back but things can change quickly
in the off-season but should only lose Danny Oakley to Nestles, Frog Densley to Qld and Lofty has retired.
Hopefully we can replace these blokes and have another crack.

know all;348798 said:
talk is cheap.... try giving ur captain a bit of support by making a few runs yourself instead of leaving it up to him every week.

ouch:eek:

Woodchopper;348528 said:
Steddy, correct, Zane Carroll is having a year off to concentrate spending more time with his family. And I doubt very much that Scott Hovey will be coach as his work barely allows him to train once a week at times. And DUFFMAN you are an absolute moron. I hope some of these players you are bad mouthing see this and find out who you are.

I still think Zane will play. Some club will offer him heaps of money and he wont be able to refuse

Back