New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

know all;348799 said:
gino moro umpires in the bellarine cricket association .. good bloke struggles sometimes as a umpire

... Gino Moro is probably 60 by now, would that not make him one of the oldest umpires..

daniel_son_91;349200 said:
... Gino Moro is probably 60 by now, would that not make him one of the oldest umpires..

There is noway in hell that Gino Moro is 60.

This is a pic of him off the BPCA website
_gino%20moro%202.jpg

He umpired the BPCA 1st XI GF last season, he's a good umpire and a good bloke.

allrounder;348949 said:
Na, not Finny. Lankan is meant 2 be comin back but things can change quickly
in the off-season but should only lose Danny Oakley to Nestles, Frog Densley to Qld and Lofty has retired.
Hopefully we can replace these blokes and have another crack.

Now that I have seen a picture Gino Moro, I have had him as an umpire in the Masters Games that I played in earlier this year. He was a very good umpire and a nice bloke to go with it.

How many times is that now Lofty has retired? He won't be able to help himself and will probably play again. I presume Finny will do the job again as I think he will feel there is some unfinished business to take care of.

Knowa;349282 said:
Now that I have seen a picture Gino Moro, I have had him as an umpire in the Masters Games that I played in earlier this year. He was a very good umpire and a nice bloke to go with it.

How many times is that now Lofty has retired? He won't be able to help himself and will probably play again. I presume Finny will do the job again as I think he will feel there is some unfinished business to take care of.

Finny reckons he will play part time but i get the feeling he will have a full on crack at it tho but not as capt/coach, yeah lofty has retired at least 1/2 doz times but i think hes under massive pressure from home and work (so he tells us) and like all of us hes not getting any younger, hope he goes around again.

looks like ive created a bit of interest in Gino Moro!!!!

so who is this guy from Prahan which North Geelong are talking to ?? Sounds like a good player.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349227 said:
There is noway in hell that Gino Moro is 60.

This is a pic of him off the BPCA website
_gino%20moro%202.jpg

He umpired the BPCA 1st XI GF last season, he's a good umpire and a good bloke.

Be careful, comments like that will make me think you ARE Gino Moro?

gca_ipl;349326 said:
so who is this guy from Prahan which North Geelong are talking to ?? Sounds like a good player.
prahan?? do u have a name.... i only no of a few ballarat blokes that we have spoken to awhile back but i dont think we've heard anything back from them

I Bowl Meat Pies;349353 said:
prahan?? do u have a name.... i only no of a few ballarat blokes that we have spoken to awhile back but i dont think we've heard anything back from them

if u don;t no anything, don;t say anything, i'm sick and tired of being abused for giving away information, when it's not even me doing it.

as far as the orginal question goes, old man is chairman of selectors, and i dunno if he wants me to be telling anybody anything so all i'm guna say is theyve spoken to a few guys that havent committed who are also speaking to other divi clubs..south barwon included

we rissole are playing at north, let me know how u find the oval on saturday for footy. i think you'll enjoy the pleasurable surface.

just a general question j.p. just trying to suss out whether you'll be sticking with newcomb or putting yourself on the trade market

ants14;349394 said:
if u don;t no anything, don;t say anything, i'm sick and tired of being abused for giving away information, when it's not even me doing it.

as far as the orginal question goes, old man is chairman of selectors, and i dunno if he wants me to be telling anybody anything so all i'm guna say is theyve spoken to a few guys that havent committed who are also speaking to other divi clubs..south barwon included

we rissole are playing at north, let me know how u find the oval on saturday for footy. i think you'll enjoy the pleasurable surface.

just a general question j.p. just trying to suss out whether you'll be sticking with newcomb or putting yourself on the trade market

I've also heard on the grape vine that NDCC will not be clearing anyone. Professional player or not, I think there is something in the rules to back them up regarding clubs being dropped isn't there?
Will be interesting to see what happens with that.

ants14;349394 said:

I think there may have been wires crossed or some false information because I am certain we are not speaking to any guys which are also speaking to North Geelong unless they have not contacted us yet. Maybe I or Hornet should be expecting a call ??

gca_ipl;349419 said:
I think there may have been wires crossed or some false information because I am certain we are not speaking to any guys which are also speaking to North Geelong unless they have not contacted us yet. Maybe I or Hornet should be expecting a call ??

might be good news for us then, we might have impressed them enough in the meeting to leave them at choosing us. old man did tell me that the two blokes in question were both speaking to south as well, so whether that was to be in the future or already happened i do not no. but i can find out.;)

EDIT: try and make sense out of that or yell at me for giving away information people who read this and crack it with me all the time

as far as tonight goes, no surprises at all, i'll be interested to see if what SBorW said about Newcomb not clearing anyone is actually true or will happen

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349693 said:
Am I hearing $2.50 frothys a South Barwon tonight???? I'm might come over as your 7ths recruit;)

Sounds good SBW, any room for an ageing pace bowler and lower order bat IPL?

Woodchopper;348528 said:
Steddy, correct, Zane Carroll is having a year off to concentrate spending more time with his family. And I doubt very much that Scott Hovey will be coach as his work barely allows him to train once a week at times. And DUFFMAN you are an absolute moron. I hope some of these players you are bad mouthing see this and find out who you are.
Still hearing that zanes capt/coach of teesdale this year, and been told that madda dont want caulfeild , their just to scared to tell him in case he decides to eat them:D

whatdoumeanwashe;350079 said:
Still hearing that zanes capt/coach of teesdale this year, and been told that madda dont want caulfeild , their just to scared to tell him in case he decides to eat them:D

No, he's not.

Back