Nmca 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its crazy to think clubs so desperate to succeed and improve wont be looking to fork out big coin to attract players.

I think its crazy to think clubs so desperate to succeed and improve wont be looking to fork out big coin to attract players.
Clubs decide to fork out cash to improve the standard of cricket within there club. l dont see why this is a major problem. Clubs are unfairly criticised for this. Each to there own. Maybe club commitees should get off there backside and raise some funds which will allow them to recruit good players.

Clubs decide to fork out cash to improve the standard of cricket within there club. l dont see why this is a major problem. Clubs are unfairly criticised for this. Each to there own. Maybe club commitees should get off there backside and raise some funds which will allow them to recruit good players.

On that, how do other clubs go about raising money and getting sponsors? Curious as we have few.

On that, how do other clubs go about raising money and getting sponsors? Curious as we have few.
Getting sponsors full stop is a very hard thing to do.
Playing both Football and cricket I realise how hard both are to find sponsors. Football clubs I feel can offer more then what cricket clubs this is one reason why I think getting sponsors are so hard.

its nearly a full time job trying to find sponsors so you need someone in your club with plenty of time and willing to keep chasing up contacts for money.

There in part lies the problem. I don't begrudge any club bettering their standard of cricket as all clubs should be trying to do this, but it just creates a merry go round of people that move from club to club chasing the $$$$$

Getting sponsors full stop is a very hard thing to do.
Playing both Football and cricket I realise how hard both are to find sponsors. Football clubs I feel can offer more then what cricket clubs this is one reason why I think getting sponsors are so hard.

its nearly a full time job trying to find sponsors so you need someone in your club with plenty of time and willing to keep chasing up contacts for money.

So, so true.....

Yes pepper do tell??? I know that they have some great 20 something's there and last year they were grooming
them to take the next step. They threw away back to back grand final wins ( Poor umpiring my opinion) killed them.
I hear the club has been rebuilding internally the two's unstoppable, back to back flags, thirds made grand final and got smashed by a first eleven club and fourths back to back Flags.
I Hear that a lot of their fourths could play a lot higher if they had time.
The mail is that they will only develop kids. Lets wait and see.

Haha some great 20 something's? Who? 8 players over 30 in last years grand final and were beaten fair and square. I'd expect holy trinity to improve even more next year. Very stiff not to beat rosebank in the final last year. Just lacked a bit of experience but will be better off for that heart breaking loss. And rivergum should be stronger. AJ going around again I hear and 8 players from last years side in there mid 20s. Hard to beat

Goddard, do actually watch what goes on around you?? Holy Trinity have never done anything.
what I have been told and looked up is that they have a seconds team full of younger guys that they are grooming to step up.
They have won the GF two years in a row, so they must have something going for them.
If you think last years GF was won fair and square you haven't been talking to the Rivergum boys.
I think the last time they played each other in a two day game $$$$bank won buy 60 or 70 runs.
Anyways don't really care need to get our club in order we should of gone up, but we lost that game fair and square! not.
Thanks Neil !!!!!

Haha some great 20 something's? Who? 8 players over 30 in last years grand final and were beaten fair and square. I'd expect holy trinity to improve even more next year. Very stiff not to beat rosebank in the final last year. Just lacked a bit of experience but will be better off for that heart breaking loss. And rivergum should be stronger. AJ going around again I hear and 8 players from last years side in there mid 20s. Hard to beat
Trinners should have beaten Rosebank in that semi.......but some senior players got stage fright from all reports. HT will only get better if they get a couple of decent players. Slav didn't do to much with the ball when it really mattered most. They need batsmen that can score in big games. As for Rosebank we all know they will bounce back, most clubs would classify playing in a GF as a successful year, they see it as failure which tells you why they've been so strong over the years. I'd expect a few changes down there as they dont take kindly to losing.

Goddard, do actually watch what goes on around you?? Holy Trinity have never done anything.
what I have been told and looked up is that they have a seconds team full of younger guys that they are grooming to step up.
They have won the GF two years in a row, so they must have something going for them.
If you think last years GF was won fair and square you haven't been talking to the Rivergum boys.
I think the last time they played each other in a two day game $$$$bank won buy 60 or 70 runs.
Anyways don't really care need to get our club in order we should of gone up, but we lost that game fair and square! not.
Thanks Neil !!!!!
From what I seen it was fair and square please explain how you seen it otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back