NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Congratulations to the Druids. Once again they trouble the Baseballers. Great effort with a young team against some seasoned campaigners.

Looks like its down to 3 this season now.

Shame about the thread changing name, however the comp changing name is a bigger tragedy & what about poor old Bill Burland - Gone!

Dickie Roberts;271803 said:
Congratulations to the Druids. Once again they trouble the Baseballers. Great effort with a young team against some seasoned campaigners.

Looks like its down to 3 this season now.

Shame about the thread changing name, however the comp changing name is a bigger tragedy & what about poor old Bill Burland - Gone!

RIP Jika CA sold out

FoUr MoRe;271503 said:
this forum is dying a slow death...wheres everyone gone????

Probably sick of reading the constant personal attacks on people all the time.
There is a difference between joking around with mates on here, as you boys from Rivergum and Cobras used to do a bit, and the other crap that is thrown around.

You'd find that if there was more cricket talk, not bagging, then more people would be interested in throwing up constructive subjects that relate to NMCA (Jika).

This is just an opinion based from what I have heard around the traps.:cool:

Dickie Roberts;271803 said:

I'll try and start something constructive. Can I ask you why you think it is a tragedy?

I'm not really fussed either way really, but would be interested to know if I've not covered all bases on this myself.

Anyones thoughts on this would be good?

Based on what we've seen so far, it's Rosebank and Camrea again for top2.

Keon Park will be 3rd with every other team capable of 4th and last!!!

Anyone care to list a 'top3' for all sides, lets see who's in form and who's not

I dont know why moving with times is a tradgedy .......
Bill Burland is a legend in the competition and always will be ......
More than happy with the change good logo ! Easy transition ......

Top 2 definately Rosebank & Camrea.....and third Keon park, But They can push both them sides with a young list.....

Lalor looking the goods early again ....... Fairfield keep surprisng year after year....... Just gonna be a shit fight near the end of the season in JQ to see who holds onto a finals spot and who will hold on to avoid relagation!

The Quick grade is looking like it will be very competitive this year with lalor again the team to beat. seems to be a very level playing field with top four spots going to be decided in the last round. michael flinn looking very dangerous with the ball on saturday bowling with tremendous amounts of reverse swing with one of 5 balls not being a wide, could be the cobras x factor?

glad q;271925 said:
The Quick grade is looking like it will be very competitive this year with lalor again the team to beat. seems to be a very level playing field with top four spots going to be decided in the last round. michael flinn looking very dangerous with the ball on saturday bowling with tremendous amounts of reverse swing with one of 5 balls not being a wide, could be the cobras x factor?

Settledown Q, Flinn was given an opportunity to shine and choked quicker than Lalor in a Grand Final!:D

The 8 team competition really puts the pressure on in everygame, people may have to re-think some strategies and settle for a competitive loss instead of trying to win from any post. % will play a big part in who plays finals and who gets relegated toward season end.

glad q;271925 said:

OH NO NO Stop It !
My guts are gonna wobble all night thinking about flinny bowling a extra over and a half but only being credited the two overs !

OH boy thats funny !

bigman2007;271924 said:
I dont know why moving with times is a tradgedy .......
Bill Burland is a legend in the competition and always will be ......
More than happy with the change good logo ! Easy transition ......

Top 2 definately Rosebank & Camrea.....and third Keon park, But They can push both them sides with a young list.....

Lalor looking the goods early again ....... Fairfield keep surprisng year after year....... Just gonna be a shit fight near the end of the season in JQ to see who holds onto a finals spot and who will hold on to avoid relagation!

Rosebank, Camera. Lock it in! Allreports are Keon Park have half the side missing so watch for them to make a late run. Whats the deal with Baseballers??? Stika not getting the job done!
Lalor will be hard to beat until GF day. Donath and Rivergum have more than handy teams.

Wispers;272091 said:
Rosebank, Camera. Lock it in! Allreports are Keon Park have half the side missing so watch for them to make a late run. Whats the deal with Baseballers??? Stika not getting the job done!
Lalor will be hard to beat until GF day. Donath and Rivergum have more than handy teams.

So far only 1 person has even mention Fairfield. We are 2 zip and playing some very good cricket. We are no way the best side and we will have our ups and downs throughout the year, but please continue to take us lightly. You may get a surprise. Rosebank is a monty. Camrea will make the g/f but will get smashed again. Lalor are short priced favs, but they have been for the past few years. They are the only team under pressure as they are expected to win again. Time will tell.

the bloods;272111 said:
So far only 1 person has even mention Fairfield. We are 2 zip and playing some very good cricket. We are no way the best side and we will have our ups and downs throughout the year, but please continue to take us lightly. You may get a surprise. Rosebank is a monty. Camrea will make the g/f but will get smashed again. Lalor are short priced favs, but they have been for the past few years. They are the only team under pressure as they are expected to win again. Time will tell.

I think ya have a fair enough point always go under the radar !
I think everyone in Jack Quick respects every side thats why its a great little grade to watch and play !

Very interesting Round this.....
I'm tipping alot of upsets this round.
I have heard that a few clubs will be without many stars because of the Caufield Cup!!!

Lalor, Rosebank, Keon Park and Kingsbury will all be below full strength.

the bloods;272111 said:

I can tell you that I am one person who doesn't take Fairfield lightly, just missed on the finals last year, some good bats at the top who respect their wicket and if Azz is on as we found out last year he smashes them.

It just seems that we all expect Lalor (choke) to make the GF, hard to tip the next best but YCW seem the most steady, therefore most likely.

duckman;272265 said:
Very interesting Round this.....
I'm tipping alot of upsets this round.
I have heard that a few clubs will be without many stars because of the Caufield Cup!!!

Lalor, Rosebank, Keon Park and Kingsbury will all be below full strength.

fairfield missing afew this week as well.

Fairfield are a very honest unit and most certainly have the wood on cobras the did play finals last season bazza finished 4th played YCW got through 1st week got smashed the next Vs Holy Trinity

How do Rosebank manage to get a NMCA umpire from their club umpire their games umpires should be neutral

Wizard;273052 said:
How do Rosebank manage to get a NMCA umpire from their club umpire their games umpires should be neutral

You could ask Camrea the same thing. Also i have played against Holy Trinity a few times when Frankie Johnston has umpired...

It's been happening well before this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back