North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

bozo;379762 said:
hahahahahahahahahahaha i like your sense of humor, You say turned it around what from "a good club to rabble" PLS Cachia 17 if that is your real name

ok well yer phil dosent spin it much haha, but yer phil did turn the club around.... we had been relegated to north b1 and phil brought several players to the club and instilled hard work and dedication into a group of somewhat lazy senior players. PLZ BOZO if thats your real NAME!

cachia17;379784 said:
ok well yer phil dosent spin it much haha, but yer phil did turn the club around.... we had been relegated to north b1 and phil brought several players to the club and instilled hard work and dedication into a group of somewhat lazy senior players. PLZ BOZO if thats your real NAME!

Dedication and hard work cachia17? This wouldn't be the same man who played a game at Grand United last season and was suspended by the club and had the captaincy taken off him would it? If your going to stick up for a dill, at least get your story believable!

Good round of matches on paper coming up in Nth B1.
Abers v Aber Park should be a beauty for top spot going into XMas, great fightback by Aber park last week to knock over Jacana, and Abers had a close shave against Flemington.

Jacana v Flem you'd expect Jacana to win but a score of 150 could well win this contest, especially out at Jacana Reserve. The wheels fell off for Jacana last season after X-mas so they'd want to finish '09 off with a win.

St Andrews v Kingy Baps They aren't far off a win St Andrews but the Baps are in good form and fought hard for their win last week. Sitting nicely in the top 4 and credit to them.

Seabrook v Roosters must win for both these sides you'd reckon. Could be a pretty even contest & Alt Roosters imports have been doing a good job since heading over. Line ball game for mine.

Any1 else got any selections? think its time to talk some cricket again....

Its amazing to Read thru what is written on this forum, so many ppl here want to Bag out Phil Crea & Werribee Centrals.
I ask why is that? i havent yet read a post on here where a centrals player or Phil have Bagged either an opposition player or an opposition side, yet u all seem to be happy to openly slag off an opposition player and/or club.
You have digs at Phil and his players for how they conduct themselves on the Field, what ever happend to the old addage what happens on the field stays on the field.
you bag phil for how he coaches yet how many of you have actually trained under him????
i dont play for Centrals nor do i live anywhere near werribee, i do know players at the club for those of u who will question me about why iam writting this, to put it in a simple way for the simpeltons around here if ya cant take the heat in the kitchen....get out...if you are playing cricket for the 1st at your club you surely must have abit more heart than you are showing on this forum to be talking about another club and the fact that you cant take the way they play hard cricket ON the field.

1St Time Spectator;379901 said:
Its amazing to Read thru what is written on this forum, so many ppl here want to Bag out Phil Crea & Werribee Centrals.
I ask why is that? i havent yet read a post on here where a centrals player or Phil have Bagged either an opposition player or an opposition side, yet u all seem to be happy to openly slag off an opposition player and/or club.
You have digs at Phil and his players for how they conduct themselves on the Field, what ever happend to the old addage what happens on the field stays on the field.
you bag phil for how he coaches yet how many of you have actually trained under him????
i dont play for Centrals nor do i live anywhere near werribee, i do know players at the club for those of u who will question me about why iam writting this, to put it in a simple way for the simpeltons around here if ya cant take the heat in the kitchen....get out...if you are playing cricket for the 1st at your club you surely must have abit more heart than you are showing on this forum to be talking about another club and the fact that you cant take the way they play hard cricket ON the field.
Hard cricket and how you conduct yourself on the field are two different matters.

Let's move on guys. Any more posts on the matter and they will get deleted. Let's talk cricket and get some thoughts on the round ahead. I'll do my tips tomorrow after I look at who is playing who.

beached as;379907 said:
Let's move on guys. Any more posts on the matter and they will get deleted. Let's talk cricket and get some thoughts on the round ahead. I'll do my tips tomorrow after I look at who is playing who.

I thought the whole idea of this forum was for people to comment on incidents and comments others made about cricket they follow or play in. I'm amazed that you would post a comment like this and threaten people who have an opinion about a club or player. If you go through all the posts on this thread, you will find that they mostly relate to certain people and there antics on and off the field. I for one hope you take this comment on board and let people voice there opinion without fear of it being deleted.

punter 18;379910 said:
I thought the whole idea of this forum was for people to comment on incidents and comments others made about cricket they follow or play in. I'm amazed that you would post a comment like this and threaten people who have an opinion about a club or player. If you go through all the posts on this thread, you will find that they mostly relate to certain people and there antics on and off the field. I for one hope you take this comment on board and let people voice there opinion without fear of it being deleted.

If a moderator feels that a topic has been dealt with, is simply being regurgitate for the sake of it or is starting to descend into flaming/nonsense then he is perfectly within in his rights to attempt to move the thread along.

If that means deleting posts then so be it. However, they will take a moment to explain why they have taken that course of action. We try to avoid that action if possible but occasionally it needs to be done.

mas cambios;379917 said:
If a moderator feels that a topic has been dealt with, is simply being regurgitate for the sake of it or is starting to descend into flaming/nonsense then he is perfectly within in his rights to attempt to move the thread along.

If that means deleting posts then so be it. However, they will take a moment to explain why they have taken that course of action. We try to avoid that action if possible but occasionally it needs to be done.

This is not right, 10 people want to talk about a topic and one person (moderator) says he has had enough so we must move on. What a joke. What is this forum for. We are not school kids. I for one do not agree. Peoples thoughts.

I mean it is fair enough that if we get personal etc, the moderator steps in, but we have only just found out Parslow has got an 8 match suspension, are we not allowed to talk about this??

Looks like W/C have been put on notice any player offical or the club get found guilty of any offence and they will lose 10 points.

Not sure of the history there but losing points is a big penatly

Punter, you are spot on. But it is time to move on because the same stuff is being said over and over and over again. You could write a 100 word summary that summarise the last 30 posts. Have a look at bigfooty, they simply close threads that become like this. We are far more lenient. Too many people only post here to flame others and that is the problem. Very few actually have thoughts on the games being played. Is it too hard for some to post insightfully for a change?

My tips for the round:

foots utd over werribee. If werribee are a big chance then they must do the business over footscray. There is no doubt footscay's strength is their batting so it will give all a good idea where werribee is at.

EK over Albion.

St albans over avondale heights

taylors lakes to beat craigieburn

moonee valley vs seddon - I will go with MV purely because of ladder position. Seddon are a dark horse for me and have quite a few handy players. Could go either way.

1St Time Spectator;379901 said:

There's hard tough cricket 1st time & there's their way. Their way aint hard or tough. Trying to intimidate, threaten, assault & verbalise opponents isn't tough or hard it's as weak as piss. Attitude reflects leadership & i think the leadership that's shown down @ Galvin says alot. Goodluck to him if he's the saviour of W/C & turned the place around, i'ld hate to of seen the place before he got there. After seeing the way the team carried on & the way supporters behaved thanks but no thanks. As a parent not a chance in hell my kids would be going near the place.

CheeQuee;379807 said:
Good round of matches on paper coming up in Nth B1.
Abers v Aber Park should be a beauty for top spot going into XMas, great fightback by Aber park last week to knock over Jacana, and Abers had a close shave against Flemington.

these 2 teams are the obvious frontrunners in this grade you would have to think

believe the earlier 1 day game they had this year went down to the wire with their respective old codgers Albers and Shanahan having a battle with the bat and ball late in the day with Aberfeldie winning by a very small margin

anyone know much about Abers bat Outred ? who has been making plenty of runs this year

preview for the Nth B GF perhaps ?

Tips for this weeks game's.

st Albans to win outright if weather stays good.

M/Valley over Seddon

T/Lakes to beat C/Burn in a close game.

E/Keilor over Albion.

And i'm going for an upset in this game W/C to beat f/United after the week they have had i think they will come out fired up

beached as;379958 said:
My tips for the round:

foots utd over werribee. If werribee are a big chance then they must do the business over footscray. There is no doubt footscay's strength is their batting so it will give all a good idea where werribee is at.

EK over Albion.

St albans over avondale heights

taylors lakes to beat craigieburn

moonee valley vs seddon - I will go with MV purely because of ladder position. Seddon are a dark horse for me and have quite a few handy players. Could go either way.

Footscray United should get the chocolates over Werribee however I have noticed they are without Preecey this weekend. Can anyone shed some light on why he is not playing?? I noticed he opened the batting last week as per the norm, but was the last batsman dismissed and only made a few runs. An injury perhaps??

East Keilor should account for an up and down Albion. Albion 200 against the best bowling attack in St.Albans a few weeks ago and then all out for 55 against a light on bowling attack against Seddon. Something not right there.

Taylors Lakes easily against Cragieburn

Moonee Valley easily against seddon. Have to disagree on seddon being the dark horse. Nothing has changed for mine down there. Very very light on for bowling and rumours are the only bowler they have in Major is off overseas and will play his last game this week. Not sure how strong the rumour is. Batting is deploreable and very predictable. They only make scores because they have one of the best decks in the comp. Going to struggle defending scores I would think. that's just my opinion. They could suprise me, but I highly doubt it.

St.Albans be looking to get back on the winners list by thumping Heights. They will certainly be hoping for two days cricket so they can push for an outright.

On that note, who will get a deck up for this Saturday and who wont??

Good luck to all this week

Let me clarify my comments earlier about deleting posts as it is the ones regarding Phil directly that will be removed from now on.

Re wickets - I think we should get one up.

Wallop;379971 said:
Footscray United should get the chocolates over Werribee however I have noticed they are without Preecey this weekend. Can anyone shed some light on why he is not playing?? I noticed he opened the batting last week as per the norm, but was the last batsman dismissed and only made a few runs. An injury perhaps??

East Keilor should account for an up and down Albion. Albion 200 against the best bowling attack in St.Albans a few weeks ago and then all out for 55 against a light on bowling attack against Seddon. Something not right there.

Taylors Lakes easily against Cragieburn

Moonee Valley easily against seddon. Have to disagree on seddon being the dark horse. Nothing has changed for mine down there. Very very light on for bowling and rumours are the only bowler they have in Major is off overseas and will play his last game this week. Not sure how strong the rumour is. Batting is deploreable and very predictable. They only make scores because they have one of the best decks in the comp. Going to struggle defending scores I would think. that's just my opinion. They could suprise me, but I highly doubt it.

St.Albans be looking to get back on the winners list by thumping Heights. They will certainly be hoping for two days cricket so they can push for an outright.

On that note, who will get a deck up for this Saturday and who wont??

Good luck to all this week

Speaking to a couple of the Albans boys Saturday night Preecey got stretchered from the field. McCammond supposedly hit him about 6 times & he couldn't walk after it. One of em said it was the quickest spell they've ever seen.

Wallop;379947 said:
This is not right, 10 people want to talk about a topic and one person (moderator) says he has had enough so we must move on. What a joke. What is this forum for. We are not school kids. I for one do not agree. Peoples thoughts.

I mean it is fair enough that if we get personal etc, the moderator steps in, but we have only just found out Parslow has got an 8 match suspension, are we not allowed to talk about this??

Way to miss the point.

If the topic moves on or develops because of something new then fine, discuss. However, if its just repeating the same old crap for 30 posts then it's probably going to get old very quickly.

We are viewed as being harsh here, yet looking at the stats we delete around one post per day on average (and that's including spam posts). We probably edit 2 maybe 3 posts at push and I reckon we yellow card 1 maybe 2 users per week.

Jesus Christ, we are about as lenient as we can be given that the main topic of the board involves people who come face to face with each other on a regular basis. If you want to see harsh just let me know and we'll give it a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back