Off spin

Re: Off spin

Thats how you get the 'perfect' seam position. It helps in getting swerve and turn, but mostly swerve

It won't turn - it will basically 'go on with the arm' and move in the air. In order for it to be of relative use you need to release the ball at the same height as the stock ball - as a little tip.

Dear All,

Attached is the Clip of a Teammate bowling "OFF SPIN" in the Nets.
The shoot is captured from a mobile camera so clarity is doubtful.
If observed closely;his arm action and follow through is perfect but his left leg toe at times is not pointing towards leg slip.
Any way he still manages to bowl a perfect line & length and I can proudly say he is the best spinner compare to others to be played against.
His bowling variations are: Flighted off spin,off spin with good amount of bounce,straighter one and the doosra as well.
At times his off spin turns in very sharply beating the best batsmen as well.
If u have any more suggestion or tips;pls do forward them.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2_G8tItVE"]YouTube - Off-Spinner Bowling[/ame]

my wrist natuarlly goes right to left than left to right does that mean im a natural leg spinner, plus i dont know why but i cant rip the ball in offspin.

after that vid it reminded me of india lol its been 4 years the last time i visited there he looks like a good off spin bowler tell him to keep it up :D

ive been trying to firgure out how to bowl the doosra but i got nothing so far lol do i need the "extra" Flexibility for this kind of delivery???

Gothim!!! said:
ive been trying to firgure out how to bowl the doosra but i got nothing so far lol do i need the "extra" Flexibility for this kind of delivery???
R U a Leg spinner or Off-spinner;
Ur bowling action written shows as leg spinner and Doosra is a term used for the googly of Off Spinner.

Ripping-LegBreak said:
my wrist natuarlly goes right to left than left to right does that mean im a natural leg spinner, plus i dont know why but i cant rip the ball in offspin.
If the wrist goes from right to left then u r a leg spinner and u have also written in bowling action as leg spinner.

yea im mainly a leggie but im just trying out offie... for curiosity sake hahaha so do you know how to bowl a doosra???

Just bowl ur normal leg spin it is as effective as a doosra and for better variation try the googly of leg spinner.
Just watch this link for your further reference:
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&bra...w:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

As a leg spinner u can be very effective but trying out different things will lose ur original skill.
Try out new variations in leg spin itself.U will be very useful to your team.

Ripping-LegBreak said:
im getting tired of at legspin due to lack of control, is there any way i can try to bowl offspin, whenever i try i end up chucking it?
Just keep bowling leg spin, leg spin takes years of bowling to master, not even first class leggies don't have perfect control.If you get more consitent with leg spin you could be a major weapon for your team consistent leg spinners are very hard to come by.

Ripping-LegBreak said:
im getting tired of at legspin due to lack of control, is there any way i can try to bowl offspin, whenever i try i end up chucking it?
Leg spin bowling is diffcult than Off spin.
Once u have master it;then u will be a real potential for your team.To get the right line & length on a consistent basis is diffcult but u can try out the googly as variations.
The forwarded link above will help u.
As Dikon mentioned above; consistent leg spinners are very hard to come by for any team.

Back