Season 14/15 Rumours And Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just name him. Rossbrook is also back. Will be interesting to see them all back in the side. Plenty likely to be real contenders again. Any idea if they're keeping Green?

Big news up at the Power Plant. The DVCA needs a strong PCC.

Could be a decent side:

A. Villani
Connelley
S. Villani
Mi Johnson
Zull
Green
Pavey
Norman (wk)
C. Villani
Rosbrook
Hubber

Few good pick ups. Chris Salm must also be getting close to the age where he thinks about going back to local cricket.

What about Nick Austin? He's still going strong at that level, but may want to drop back in the coming couple of seasons. Plenty could be a real force should they get all these guys back at the same time.

What about Nick Austin? He's still going strong at that level, but may want to drop back in the coming couple of seasons. Plenty could be a real force should they get all these guys back at the same time.
A bunch of premier cricketers all going back to the same club to play. There would be some de ja vu there.

We haven't had a Minney update yet.

Apparently Eltham looking to let him go after another underperforming year.

Honestly, he is as good a bloke as he is a cricketer, one of the best. I'm pretty sure he'd never leave, ever.

I do hope someone comes up with a rumour though, just so Tongs can shoot it down.

Just name him. Rossbrook is also back. Will be interesting to see them all back in the side. Plenty likely to be real contenders again. Any idea if they're keeping Green?

Yep Rosbrook was the one I was referring too, heard a whisper then it was released on the PCC website. I'm not a Plenty person but will be interesting to see how they could possibly fit Rossbrook, new coach Villani, Salm and Austin into the one team? Would make some batsman around the comp pretty nervous.

Yep Rosbrook was the one I was referring too, heard a whisper then it was released on the PCC website. I'm not a Plenty person but will be interesting to see how they could possibly fit Rossbrook, new coach Villani, Salm and Austin into the one team? Would make some batsman around the comp pretty nervous.
It'd be a pretty outrageous bowling attack if they did

Most clubs would do almost anything to get ahold of one of those guys. To (possibly) get them all would make them a absolute powerhouse. They'd be brutal.

And I agree with Brutals comment, the DVCA doesn't "need" Plenty to be strong, they are no more important than any other club. The comp needs all clubs stronger and competitive.

The dvca is a better comp with Eltham in money shield. They nearly ****** that up by winning the flag.
Sqqqquuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Villani has been appointed captain coach after 3 years playing at Fitzroy Doncaster and Rozzi will be his assistant playing coach.

John Green has signed on the dotted line for another season and Dan Cocking will also be playing after having 12 months off after surgery. Also Mitch Johnson after knocking back a massive offer from another barclay shield club, will be able to dedicate all his time in his own game which last year his game suffered somewhat after having to deal with losing 4 blokes on the eve of the season and trying to captain a side that in reality didnt have the talent. In reality we have just filled the 3 spots in the 1's that was being rotated with some of the vets and kids from last season. Going to be a bloody tough season again, but hopefully with a few of these inclusions we can have a bit more success this upcoming season.

Steve Villani has been appointed captain coach after 3 years playing at Fitzroy Doncaster and Rozzi will be his assistant playing coach.

John Green has signed on the dotted line for another season and Dan Cocking will also be playing after having 12 months off after surgery. Also Mitch Johnson after knocking back a massive offer from another barclay shield club, will be able to dedicate all his time in his own game which last year his game suffered somewhat after having to deal with losing 4 blokes on the eve of the season and trying to captain a side that in reality didnt have the talent. In reality we have just filled the 3 spots in the 1's that was being rotated with some of the vets and kids from last season. Going to be a bloody tough season again, but hopefully with a few of these inclusions we can have a bit more success this upcoming season.

Great update PA, what a great effort to get this done so far out from the first ball being bowled.
After a close shave last year, hope that this is an upward curve for you blokes.

Just wanted to ask about a couple of players from years gone by and if anyone knows where they are at or if they are playing anywhere?
Brent Gutterson (Eltham / Research EC) - bowling all rounder
Stuart Duncan (Research / EC) - left arm opening bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back