Subbies 2011/12

SS,originally I thought you were talking about turf clubs and I reckon that's right;all the clubs mentioned above are hard wicket jobs.
I'm no expert on the area but I think maybe Darley would be the closest turf side fairly recently formed?
I agree,Melton are certs to be in Premier before long,any idea who the other might be?

On that my history was OK!

I think it is bordering on 'certainty' that one of the new 2 Premier teams will be Melton.

yeah but how long, a premier comp with a bye doesnt look so good

i think melton would be a good idea for premier cricket but not sure if there is enough clubs in the area to support it

SS,originally I thought you were talking about turf clubs and I reckon that's right;all the clubs mentioned above are hard wicket jobs.
I'm no expert on the area but I think maybe Darley would be the closest turf side fairly recently formed?
I agree,Melton are certs to be in Premier before long,any idea who the other might be?

centrals and south are both Turf clubs ?

yeah but how long, a premier comp with a bye doesnt look so good

i think melton would be a good idea for premier cricket but not sure if there is enough clubs in the area to support it
They are apparently looking for another 2, Melton as close to a certainty as you can get, with the second in the Diamong Valley area (Plenty Valley' name has been touted) or the Point Cook region.

you
They are apparently looking for another 2, Melton as close to a certainty as you can get, with the second in the Diamong Valley area (Plenty Valley' name has been touted) or the Point Cook region.

Melton is an obvious choice,

i wouldnt think they would choose point cook area they aready have altona and werribee subbies in that area plus Point cook cricket club is in the lower division of the VTCA

Plenty Valley may be the right option

you

Melton is an obvious choice,

i wouldnt think they would choose point cook area they aready have altona and werribee subbies in that area plus Point cook cricket club is in the lower division of the VTCA

Plenty Valley may be the right option
Not so much about the clubs, more the area. They see Point Cook as a growth area, ripe for the picking.

If as predicted Melton did go,who would take their place in Subbies?
Would Port Melbourne reapply or Yarraville Club be the one although not sure if Yarraville would welcome that?
At least both would fit the West group scenario.
Any thoughts?

If as predicted Melton did go,who would take their place in Subbies?
Would Port Melbourne reapply or Yarraville Club be the one although not sure if Yarraville would welcome that?
At least both would fit the West group scenario.
Any thoughts?
I think Subbies would welcome Port back with open arms.

CV see that Point Cook pocket (whether good or bad) as an untapped resource.

Plenty Valley have their second ground at Yarrambat, near Doreen and Mernda, in one of the biggest growth areas in Melbourne. No Premier club for miles. Sounds like a good choice.

Yeah i cant see why cricket Victoria wouldnt have Melton and Plenty Valley for the new premier clubs

And Port Melb would be an obvious choice to fill a spot in the west group,

Yep,Melton and Plenty Valley would seem the ideal fit for me too,all very interesting stuff anyway.
Hey Weapons ,are you out there,seeing you started the subbies thread,what do you think?

After reaching the finals in season 2011/12, The Burwood Cricket Club, affiliated with the Eastern Cricket Association, and currently playing in A grade turf competition, is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Professional Player for season 2012/13.
The role may make itself available to involvement in the leadership group within the club’s 1st XI.
With an established off field support structure and solid junior program we now seek the experience and skills of a quality top order batsman to help take the club one step further.
The ideal candidate will possess:
    1. The willingness to embrace and develop the club’s on and off field culture
    2. Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
    3. A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
    4. A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
    5. A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
Remuneration and length of contract will be negotiated based on the level of experience and playing record of each applicant.
Applications should be emailed to the Director of Cricket at dmp@hagerbr.com.au
All applications are strictly confidential and close on June 15th 2012.

S&W, think there needed to be more than 1 district club's support. Other clubs didn't support subbies because they were 'extremely worried' if Cricket Victoria pulled the plug on them!

Points system will and should be a monty. We can't put out our hand for a dividend whilst 'beating our own drum'!

Surely we have to expect to be more prone to the 'perennial bleating' from Premier clubs because, of the alternative comps, we are the only other in receipt of an annual dividend. Ken Jacobs is our comp's patron but, really, in the face of all the player recruiting comments in recent pages of this thread, would you care to be in his shoes going into bat for us on the maintanance of the dividend?[/quote]
I think Ken Jacobs does a great job of supporting Subbies, but we can also assist by continually pointing out the "production line" of talented and well prepared players going to Premier clubs each and EVERY year. Look at the young players from Preston, Sunshine, Caulfield and Kew who will be joining Premier clubs next year.

Dylan Kight, who won Footscays Champion player this year, just 3 years after crossing from Melton, paid tribute to his former club for his development and the "winners" attitude they instilled in him at the Bulldogs presentation night recently.

I have stated many times if the dividend goes, it goes, and life willl go on, but let's be balanced in this argument. Premier clubs do very nicely from our competition. They do virtually nothing to assist development of our players. When was the last time a group of Premier players came to your club to take training or to run a clinic for your juniors? Its now coming up 4 years since we last saw any.

On a previous post I stated the main reason people leave Premier Cricket is the committment from a time perspective. Plenty of players go to clubs that don't receive funding from Cricket Victoria, so that in itself should indicate that cutting the dividend will not stop players leaving. But more likely, players who have left their Premier clubs on good terms, will alert their former clubs to promising juniors and the Premier clubs are subsequently compensated.

Premier Cricket has massive problems, perenially under preforming , clubs an unworkable fixture and a dearth of administratative acumen at club level are just a few of them. THE DIVIDEND PAID TO SUBBIES AIN'T ONE OF THEM!!!!

Surely we have to expect to be more prone to the 'perennial bleating' from Premier clubs because, of the alternative comps, we are the only other in receipt of an annual dividend. Ken Jacobs is our comp's patron but, really, in the face of all the player recruiting comments in recent pages of this thread, would you care to be in his shoes going into bat for us on the maintanance of the dividend?
I think Ken Jacobs does a great job of supporting Subbies, but we can also assist by continually pointing out the "production line" of talented and well prepared players going to Premier clubs each and EVERY year. Look at the young players from Preston, Sunshine, Caulfield and Kew who will be joining Premier clubs next year.

Dylan Kight, who won Footscays Champion player this year, just 3 years after crossing from Melton, paid tribute to his former club for his development and the "winners" attitude they instilled in him at the Bulldogs presentation night recently.

I have stated many times if the dividend goes, it goes, and life willl go on, but let's be balanced in this argument. Premier clubs do very nicely from our competition. They do virtually nothing to assist development of our players. When was the last time a group of Premier players came to your club to take training or to run a clinic for your juniors? Its now coming up 4 years since we last saw any.

On a previous post I stated the main reason people leave Premier Cricket is the committment from a time perspective. Plenty of players go to clubs that don't receive funding from Cricket Victoria, so that in itself should indicate that cutting the dividend will not stop players leaving. But more likely, players who have left their Premier clubs on good terms, will alert their former clubs to promising juniors and the Premier clubs are subsequently compensated.

Premier Cricket has massive problems, perenially under preforming , clubs an unworkable fixture and a dearth of administratative acumen at club level are just a few of them. THE DIVIDEND PAID TO SUBBIES AIN'T ONE OF THEM!!!![/quote]
Would agree S&W. Premier clubs do little to nil in relation to developing players. They would get them at 15-16 when their 'home clubs' have put in all the development.

No dividend would not be the end of subbies, however, my personal opinion is that, if it does go, some clubs will struggle to field the 4 required times. I'd suggest subbies would cut back to 2 as previous.

It is our and I am sure all club's aim for players within its club to play at the highest possible level. It is disappointing that Cricket Victoria, and Cricket Australia, don't seem to acknowledge the job done by clubs/ associations below Premier level.

Have heard, a number of times, that a key plank behind a new Premier club in the outer north will involve the redevelopment of the Whittlesea Showgrounds. I'm not sure what this means for Plenty Valley (who were obviously the logical choice to take advantage if an existing club were to be "selected"), but a Whittlesea location would certainly open doors along the Laurimar/Hidden Valley corridor as well as attracting players from further north beyond the metropolitan boundary.

Have heard, a number of times, that a key plank behind a new Premier club in the outer north will involve the redevelopment of the Whittlesea Showgrounds. I'm not sure what this means for Plenty Valley (who were obviously the logical choice to take advantage if an existing club were to be "selected"), but a Whittlesea location would certainly open doors along the Laurimar/Hidden Valley corridor as well as attracting players from further north beyond the metropolitan boundary.

Major support for plenty valley i think the bigcricket people have made the choice for cv very easy

Interesting to read that Point Cook have moved to the VTCA and appointed long serving Werribee keeper Travis Bean as CC.
The President said they have a vision of becoming a Premier club after progressing through the VTCA and then through the Subbies.With their proximity to Altona and Werribee in particular they might find some West Group clubs not so welcoming when and if it came to a vote to admit them presuming there was a vacancy.
Thoughts?

Interesting to read that Point Cook have moved to the VTCA and appointed long serving Werribee keeper Travis Bean as CC.
The President said they have a vision of becoming a Premier club after progressing through the VTCA and then through the Subbies.With their proximity to Altona and Werribee in particular they might find some West Group clubs not so welcoming when and if it came to a vote to admit them presuming there was a vacancy.
Thoughts?[/quote

Not sure how werribee and altona would take that, considering theres a high percentage of being a couple of vacancies I'n the west group I'm surprised they haven't already applied to join the subbies, don't see a point of changing associations and then moving again if they ever do come to subbies.

Very interesting! I wasn't aware ' there's a high percentage of being a couple of vacancies in the west group'. There's been talk of Melton being admitted to Premier Cricket, for example. Was this the type of event you had in mind rather than any existing club being disaffiliated? Please clarify.

Back