subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

*DaNcE HeRo*;201319 said:
ok weapons, done, did i mention you cant cancell your bets at anytime, how many pots can i get down the springs for $10???

umm if u get in early on a friday and have a meal.......you can get vouchers/cards for free beer......ie:lets say you have all your mates there which is probably about 3 on your table you will each recieve a card on the table........get up to the bar and get a free-be so whats that 3 crownies and youd get 3 and a half don scotts with ya ten bucks..........your parro already.......rock into the back and have a sing.........great night........@|

*DaNcE HeRo*;201319 said:
ok weapons, done, did i mention you cant cancell your bets at anytime, how many pots can i get down the springs for $10???

umm if u get in early on a friday and have a meal.......you can get vouchers/cards for free beer......ie:lets say you have all your mates there which is probably about 3 on your table you will each recieve a card on the table........get up to the bar and get a free-be so whats that 3 crownies and youd get 3 and a half don scotts with ya ten bucks..........your parro already.......rock into the back and have a sing.........great night........@|

*DaNcE HeRo*;201321 said:
thought u were in the 2's? havnt checked the state of our ground lately, think its holding up ok, the pitch will be a batting paradise i suspect

na in the ones hopefully.......sheeds asked if im in for a big 1 and he wouldnt say that if im in the magoo's.....i wouldnt think........

i felt something down at willy tonight.......atmosphere was fantastic people having a red hot go everywhere great to see and only a sign of things to come........

*DaNcE HeRo*;201321 said:
thought u were in the 2's? havnt checked the state of our ground lately, think its holding up ok, the pitch will be a batting paradise i suspect

na in the ones hopefully.......sheeds asked if im in for a big 1 and he wouldnt say that if im in the magoo's.....i wouldnt think........

i felt something down at willy tonight.......atmosphere was fantastic people having a red hot go everywhere great to see and only a sign of things to come........

weapons05/06;201325 said:

********en hell, can someone get the violin??

weapons05/06;201325 said:

********en hell, can someone get the violin??

To answer your question YWL,I watched a kid called Will Russell who I think was only 15 at the time playing for Moorabbin v Brighton last season and he was super impressive,definate star of the future.He and Handscombe from Kew who's a keeper/bat are playing Vic u/17's at the moment.
I would presume both these kids would move to Premier clubs next year.
Perhaps your own Dan Davis who is about the same age could be a chance to progress to a higher standard also.Am presuming the brains trust at Willy must see a bit in him to throw him in at such a young age?
What's your thoughts?

To answer your question YWL,I watched a kid called Will Russell who I think was only 15 at the time playing for Moorabbin v Brighton last season and he was super impressive,definate star of the future.He and Handscombe from Kew who's a keeper/bat are playing Vic u/17's at the moment.
Perhaps your own Dan Davis who is about the same age could be a chance to progress to a higher standard also.Am presuming the brains trust at Willy must see a bit in him to throw him in at such a young age?
What's your thoughts?

Piston Broke;201388 said:
What's your thoughts?

To add to Russel and Handscombe playing for the v u/17 side Travis Dean from Werribee is as well. I have played a lot of cricket against him and im sure he is ready to go and play district cricket next year.

While im at Werribee its hard to forget my mate Mitchell Chadwick, he toured England with the under 16 aussie side along with Dean and Mitchell Streiff from Broady so you could look out for them two also.

Dan knocked back an offer to go to Carlton this year so there is no doubt he will at some stage go on and play district. He is of the same belief as me that he wants to have a couple of solid years at subbie 1's before going to district because he doesnt want to get stuck in the 3's and 4's and forgotton like so many others.

1 more im touting as a star of the future is a kid named Laughlan Mason who i played against in the 2s this year. He plays for Oakleigh and he came out and smashed us everywhere and made a very good 62 and he is only 14 so he has a big future in front of him.

Maybe seamer or dance hero could tell us who the up and comers are down at Melton? Dylan Kight's name has been mentioned a bit is there any others?

Piston Broke;201388 said:
What's your thoughts?

To add to Russel and Handscombe playing for the v u/17 side Travis Dean from Werribee is as well. I have played a lot of cricket against him and im sure he is ready to go and play district cricket next year.

While im at Werribee its hard to forget my mate Mitchell Chadwick, he toured England with the under 16 aussie side along with Dean and Mitchell Streiff from Broady so you could look out for them two also.

Dan knocked back an offer to go to Carlton this year so there is no doubt he will at some stage go on and play district. He is of the same belief as me that he wants to have a couple of solid years at subbie 1's before going to district because he doesnt want to get stuck in the 3's and 4's and forgotton like so many others.

1 more im touting as a star of the future is a kid named Laughlan Mason who i played against in the 2s this year. He plays for Oakleigh and he came out and smashed us everywhere and made a very good 62 and he is only 14 so he has a big future in front of him.

Maybe seamer or dance hero could tell us who the up and comers are down at Melton? Dylan Kight's name has been mentioned a bit is there any others?

Being a Subbies 1s player doesn't mean that you will automatically play District 2nds.

Russell has done a couple of pre-seasons with Prahran and will probably go to St. Kilda or Prahran.

Travis Dean will probably play at Geelong with his brothers.

As for Handscomb, is he any relation to the Handscomb who played at St. Kilda. There are always clubs looking for keepers; should he want to play first team cricket, he should go to Fitzroy or Prahran.

Being a Subbies 1s player doesn't mean that you will automatically play District 2nds.

Russell has done a couple of pre-seasons with Prahran and will probably go to St. Kilda or Prahran.

As for Handscomb, is he any relation to the Handscomb who played at St. Kilda. There are always clubs looking for keepers; should he want to play first team cricket, he should go to Fitzroy or Prahran.

p-toe;201399 said:

You are right being a Subbies 1st player doesnt automatically mean you would be able to play 2nds Premier cricket...the standard of subbies has dropped off over the last 10 years...but then again so has the standard in alot of other comps..., YWL you are also doing the right thing, its better to stay and play a couple of seasons of 1st XI subbies (but you need to perform well) otherwise Premier clubs will just use you to make up the numbers in their lower elevens...
Your better off going to a club where you start in the 2's not the 3rds, gives you a better chance.

p-toe;201399 said:

You are right being a Subbies 1st player doesnt automatically mean you would be able to play 2nds Premier cricket...the standard of subbies has dropped off over the last 10 years...but then again so has the standard in alot of other comps..., YWL you are also doing the right thing, its better to stay and play a couple of seasons of 1st XI subbies (but you need to perform well) otherwise Premier clubs will just use you to make up the numbers in their lower elevens...
Your better off going to a club where you start in the 2's not the 3rds, gives you a better chance.

I have to agree with you Double Barrel.

You can, however, find a premier club that you can play 2nds if you want to. Casey-South Melbourne and Frankston-Peninsula are examples of that, however YWL and Dan Davis wouldn't want to travel out to Cranbourne and Frankston from the Williamstown.

The thing to note is that if you are good enough, you will rise through the grades (eg. Sturrock of Melbourne, Bartholomeusz of St. Kilda)

You can, however, find a premier club that you can play 2nds if you want to. Casey-South Melbourne and Frankston-Peninsula are examples of that, however YWL and Dan Davis wouldn't want to travel out to Cranbourne and Frankston from the Williamstown.

The thing to note is that if you are good enough, you will rise through the grades (eg. Sturrock of Melbourne, Bartholomeusz of St. Kilda)

Ptoe and db make some good points and some good advice,I think if I were Young Russell I'd be heading for Prahran,I know 2 guys who play there and he's got more potential than them.plus Prahran are pretty weak so more opportunities of a game.
Heard a whisper that the Deans were unhappy at Geelong and that the young Travis would be looking elsewhere next year.
With Handscombe,could be the ex St.Kilda players son,about the right age,Historically Kew have a link with Fitz-Doncaster so would presume he would go there.As for YWL I agree it;s better to have say 2 good seasons of Subbie 1's if good enough than to wallow in some Premier teams 3rds,at least that way you're a chance of a senior game when you do leave.

Ptoe and db make some good points and some good advice,I think if I were Young Russell I'd be heading for Prahran,I know 2 guys who play there and he's got more potential than them.plus Prahran are pretty weak so more opportunities of a game.
Heard a whisper that the Deans were unhappy at Geelong and that the young Travis would be looking elsewhere next year.
With Handscombe,could be the ex St.Kilda players son,about the right age,Historically Kew have a link with Fitz-Doncaster so would presume he would go there.As for YWL I agree it;s better to have say 2 good seasons of Subbie 1's if good enough than to wallow in some Premier teams 3rds,at least that way you're a chance of a senior game when you do leave.

p-toe;201434 said:

Teams like North Melbourne and Footscray are also a good place to go, especially if you are a quality bat. Footscray are on the improve, so probably not as easy to get a game now but North and even Essendon would be good options for subbies players from Willy, Melton etc.

p-toe;201434 said:

Teams like North Melbourne and Footscray are also a good place to go, especially if you are a quality bat. Footscray are on the improve, so probably not as easy to get a game now but North and even Essendon would be good options for subbies players from Willy, Melton etc.

YWL you have to get a game in the 1st's before you can have a couple of good seasons there. you seem to think you will be a walk up start in a couple of years time.. somehow i doubt that with willys team.

YWL you have to get a game in the 1st's before you can have a couple of good seasons there. you seem to think you will be a walk up start in a couple of years time.. somehow i doubt that with willys team.

*DaNcE HeRo*;201473 said:

Very true YWL, head down arse up going to be a tough side to get in to.

Very true YWL, head down arse up going to be a tough side to get in to.

Who are the youngest and oldest sides in subbies?

Willy would have to be close to being the oldest, but who else comes close? Caulfield, Bundoora OP and Malvern?

Willy would have to be close to being the oldest, but who else comes close? Caulfield, Bundoora OP and Malvern?

:eek: :eek: @| @| ........spot on

:eek: :eek: @| @| ........spot on

p-toe;201480 said:

went through the ages......average age is 30........clemo being the veteran.......lol

p-toe;201480 said:

went through the ages......average age is 30........clemo being the veteran.......lol

done a bit of extra training tonight down at merv hughes oval.........was very interesting to see yarraville training down their......but to think of it isnt their ground getting drought proof grass laid...........?

done a bit of extra training tonight down at merv hughes oval.........was very interesting to see yarraville training down their......but to think of it isnt their ground getting drought proof grass laid...........?

Double Barrel;201416 said:

Subbies cricket hasn't dropped off over the last ten years - it's got better. Maybe it has in the grade that you play in but in the ones the influx of ex-district players has made it a very strong comp. Moron.

Double Barrel;201416 said:

Subbies cricket hasn't dropped off over the last ten years - it's got better. Maybe it has in the grade that you play in but in the ones the influx of ex-district players has made it a very strong comp. Moron.

weapons05/06;201501 said:

Fat boy did they have a sausage sizzle going on at the Merv Hughes Oval?

weapons05/06;201501 said:

Fat boy did they have a sausage sizzle going on at the Merv Hughes Oval?

simmo;201572 said:

I dont know, theres not that much depth in most subbies teams. you get through the top 4 in most teams and it drops away pretty quickly. Sure some teams might have good depth but most wouldnt be premier cricket 2nds quality

simmo;201572 said:

I dont know, theres not that much depth in most subbies teams. you get through the top 4 in most teams and it drops away pretty quickly. Sure some teams might have good depth but most wouldnt be premier cricket 2nds quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back