Videos and Links

I hope you chaps don't mind too much...

I interviewed Muhammed Haroon (ECB Level 4, leg spin coach for Huntingdonshire, former first class player) for an online coaching course we are doing - got over 2 hours of footage. We are selling most of it but we are also giving away some stuff to give you a flavour. So if you want the freebies pop to my site and get the details here:

http://www.pitchvision.com/become-a-classy-leg-spin-bowler-even-if-you-dont-have-a-coach

I'd be interested in anyone's feedback about it. I've got some follow up content too that Haroon tells me is valuable for any leggie at any level. You guys are would be the harshest critics because of your passion and dedication.

David, I just find your site fairly painful to negotiate and there's that bit where every time you need to comment you have to submit your email address, your national insurance number, next of kin...... you know what I mean
wink.png

Had a look at the Haroon leg spin video its hard to make any judgement on the short clip provided. Put it this way - in order for me to part with my money I would need to see something more substantial. This is not a criticism but my opinion.
Particularly when the Casson video is free - IMO the best video on leg spin spin currently available.

I'm waiting for my Haroon leg spin video, subscribed to it yesterday so should get the email today with details I think.

I think there will always be an issue with online coaching of leg spin in so much as there are dozens of excellent free videos on YouTube detailing the basics, and it is such a specific art that you really can't coach it generically. The only way it works is to have one-on-one coaching, such as the Casson video, which is tailored specifically to the individual. This would be better in person though that via video I think.

I think to succeed as a leg spinner you need to be able to self-coach to the greater extent. If you lack the understanding of how the action should work, or fail to pick it up from information you can find, then you'll either fail as a leg spinner, or get really lucky and just have a naturally solid action. Or if you're even luckier you might find a coach that has the required knowledge to guide you, but those are few and far between at club level, I haven't met one yet.

I'll reserve judgement on this video though until I've watched it myself.

You would certainly want to believe that the full length video that you pay for would be Beau Casson - esque in it's revelations and additional coaching ideas. The other thing is surely when this site is wholly dedicated to the underlying ethos of the internet e.g. sharing information free of charge, David runs the risk of his video being distributed in the same way that the Beau Casson video has been. Which then begs the question - 'What happened to John F Cook'? He had a youtube channel with the original Beau Casson video and you got the impression that the David Freedman had given him permission to use the video on youtube with the expectation that the clip would generate business? To me it seemed that once we picked up on it and started to link it to our blogs and threads saying that it was the best resource on the internet the video and any evidence of John F Cook disappeared without trace (Queue the X Files music)?
eek.png

I'd be interested in anyone's feedback about it. I've got some follow up content too that Haroon tells me is valuable for any leggie at any level. You guys are would be the harshest critics because of your passion and dedication.

I feel he's trying too hard - it is a bit like the telemarketing that we all have seen and hate it. whatever value it may hold, it is being diminished by the hard sell he's resorting to and if i see one more time a piece that ends with "this is why you need online course" I'm not even going to read the free articles that come to my inbox.

Brilliant stuff Saddo, I don't know if you read my blog, but a few days back I concluded that the stand start drill is pretty much the key thing to learning to bowl leg spin. I reckon all those training videos that claim to have additional material are pretty much full of BS - the right grip for you that enables you to get the ball spinning from the hand and then the stand start is basically all you need plus some determination, committment, mental toughness and passion for the discipline and you'll find your way with a little help from this forum.

Back