Virender's Blog-2008

Re: Virender's Blog-2008

Well, I hope it all comes together in a positive way and all the issues are resolved. It sounds like you're man with patience, so I'm sure you'll bide your time and make use of the time now available to you in a positive manner.

I've now got my G9 camera and have been testing it out. I've got an indoor pratice tomorrow with some mates so hopefully I'll be able to post the long awaited video footage!

I'm still trying to get to grips with the video function on the camera and I'd say that I've recorded this at too low quality and I'll do it the next size up next time. Other than that without anyone else looking at this and passing comment I can see loads wrong with it. But in my defense the hall that we're using doesn't allow for the wicket to be 22yards long and therefore we can get a run up. To me it looks as though there's no power anywhere in the action, the run in looks as though it should be speeded up and the rotation of the arms is far too slow I need to whip those arms round a bit faster I reckon, but then I was bowling over a very short wicket? I'll interested in hearing your views.

YouTube - Me Bowling.AVI

Dave,
The video looks good and if u shoot it from the keeper's end.It will give a good view of Ur run up,bowling action and follow through.

We had our match today and elected to bat first on winning the toss.
Our batting clicked and we scored 286 runs in 45 overs.Our number 3 batsmen scored 111 runs and batted till 40 overs.In this match the batting order was changed and regular openers were batting at 7 & 8 for unknown reasons.
Anyway we also bowled well and bowled out the opposite team in 162 Runs.
I bowled very well with 6 Overs,5 Maidens,6 Runs and 3 Wickets.
If i had got couple of overs; I was sure to end up with 5 wickets.But captain had other plans and that was bowl himself- A big selfishness.
Anyway I was happy with my performance and tryed variations in between deliveries.
I am sure in coming days my form and fitness should good enough to perform very well for my club.

Blimey - that's amazing bowling figures! Well done - you should have got someone to video it! If you reckon you're coming into good form you've got to video it as that suggests that you might be able to improve on that and that would be truly amazing! Good work.

Thanks Dave for the compliment.I am in good form this season.
I will get my bowling video very soon.
Attach photos are of my two fav club mates.

Attachments

• Manoj Pawar-1.JPG
    Manoj Pawar-1.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 8
  • Nilesh-4.jpg
    Nilesh-4.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 6

Virender your nets look as though they'd be easy to knock up as a temporary thing? How are they stuck into the ground? I'll look forward to seeing any video you've got, I've just sussed out how to make videos slow motion! Have a look....

YouTube - Bowling practice slow motion.avi

Give me a couple more weeks and I should be able to shoot some far better quality, from better angles, with the right colour balance and upload them in slow motion. Keep an eye on my main blog at Wrist Spin Bowling.

Cheers

Dave

I really good batting today in the nets with batting close to 50 mins non-stop with atleast 4-6 bowlers.
Batting was good and there was no discomfort in the body or refelexes.
As i batted longer and longer my focus increased a great deal and i did got a good batting practice considering the fact that i was not present for the practice for last week due to work load.

Attached few photos shooted by my uncle.

Attachments

• My Batting-1.jpg
    My Batting-1.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 4
  • My Batting-5.jpg
    My Batting-5.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 4

The 2nd 2 are nice shots and it looks so nice seeing somewhere sunny and loads of people playing cricket - makes me jealous sitting here in the freezing cold English winter. I can't even get out onto a concrete practice area with plastic balls because it's too bloody cold!

Are those nets always there or do you have to put them up each day and how long does that take?

Hi Dave,

I can understand the feeling as we had the same kind of feeling during monsoon...just can't wait for the season to start.
But u are still making the most of the "Off Season" practice.That is good for you.

Secondly;the nets are put up by the ground staff and are removed only for matches and on mondays to prepare the wicket.
So we do have to luxury to practice after 9AM as well if we want to but generally it does not happen as most of us have to go to office or college and on weekends there are matches so nets are removed from 9AM onwards.So whenever we get a chance to practice more we grab the opportunity with both hands:D.
Just like last sunday only 3 of us batted in the nets with the other 2 batting for close to 30 mins and i was the lucky one to bat around 45-50 mins till the nets were removed at 9:20AM.

Virender

Last week's practice was OK given the fact that the team lost the tournament match on Sunday and most of the players preferred not to come for nets.
Only a handful of us were present.
A lot was said and prepared for the last Sunday's match but everything went for a toss.
We lost the toss and put to field with the opposition opening batsmen scoring around 100 runs in 10 overs.
Then somehow team manged to hold them and they scored 250 runs in 45 overs.
In return our team collapsed scoring just 98 runs.
I and around 3 players of the team were not playing and captain manged to get some outsiders to play on that day.
I had my project work so could not turn up for the match.
Others had no interest to play the match.
Club players are not happy by the attitude shown by the captain and coach as players are getting a feeling of treated shabbily by them.
Most have expressed their displeasure and not to play in upcoming matches and some have also avoided net practice.
Currently;the club is under going a crisis moment and only time can tell what will happen next?
I am just a mute spectator to all this and trying to focus on my cricket.
I thing people are taking things personally and that is the root cause of all the problems.There is no clear communication between captain and senior players.
One day i hope we sit together and sort it out for the sake of cricket.
Anyways;From last few knocks in the nets; i am feeling good about my batting and bowling has been OK.

sad to here its not going to well virender, do you think its the players attitudes or team spirit causing the bad results or just alot of the team aren't as good as the other teams

Virender, I've actually got my act together and recorded some video clips of my bowling and uploaded them to youtube. Here's the link to one of them and then you can access the rest by clicking onto my other videos and you'll find several different angles. It was a bit slippery so it's not great and I'll try and do some more again indoors in the next month or so and replace these. But have a look and see what you reckon of my action and technique.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XE40FZnfIHI&feature=channel

Dave

gundalf7;297248 said:
sad to here its not going to well virender, do you think its the players attitudes or team spirit causing the bad results or just alot of the team aren't as good as the other teams

Hi Matt,
Its all about miscommunication and no plans for the club.
Captain and coach are only looking for win at any cost but there is no blue-print for that goal.
Players are unaware of what to expect next and some have also avoided nets.
Currently;only a handful of us are coming on regular basis.
Today I spoke to my close aides and persuaded them to call up the captain and coach this weekend for talks and lets sit and discuss with each other and get to know each others piece of mind and resolve the matter asap.
By tomorrow evening i will get the timing for meeting and hopefully if everything goes well by this weekend we are at least over from this crisis and concentrate on cricket only.Enough of this politics and self-promotion.
I hate to see that some of them are not even paying their yearly fees and expect a lot from the club like this year we avoided getting news bats.
People use to carelessly handle the bats and every year we had to purchase new bats.
By canceling new purchases we have made sure that players get their own bat so u break or handle it--that is now a personal issue.
Only pads,gloves,stumps,balls etc are purchased..from next i am planning to even let the bowlers get new balls for themselves but the plan is for next year--let see how this year progresses.

I believe that if players are really crazy for cricket then new bats balls,yearly fee are all secondary issue.....the main goal is to play cricket and enjoy it along with teammates and family and even if it means to getting cricketing equipment from own pocket or putting more efforts to promote the game by encouraging players.

We should not do miserly calculation or in what ways i can insure that my paid money is utilized to the fullest even if it is against spirit of the game or human ethics.......for this let passion for cricket take the lead.

Numbers can be taken care at the right areas.

Virender

Hi Dave,

I saw ur bowling video and ur bowling video's of side,front and back view were helpful to understand ur leg spin.
Firstly u have a relaxed approach in bowling and even while bowling that is good.
Is ur run up the same as in the video or more.
Ur arm angle w.r.t shoulder should be close like 11-12 o'clock(from front view).
One important correction is to land ur front foot toe pointing towards slips or atleast it should be straight.
Currently;it is pointing towards leg side which is ideal for off spinner not for leg spin.
As it will not allow ur body rotation completely as seen in this video YouTube - Someblokecalleddave wrist spin bowling

Play and pause to check ur action very closely u will find that during the 19th second of the video.
If u remember the video posted by u from youtube about beau casson leg spin.
In that follow thru is mentioned very clearly and the required drill for the same.
If u are able to follow thru perfectly that will put more spin to ur bowling.

Also watch the batsmen till the last moment.
While bowling concentrate on the Batsmen's toe for leg spin.
While ur are practicing "Spot Bowling"; make sure u have the good length marked clearly so u can focus on it and practice ur line and length accordingly-which is not visible in these videos.
Consider the batsmen's front foot defense and mark the spot accordingly.
I hope these advice will be helpful.
Practice a lot and post ur next indoor video to cross -check the same.
If possible can u post the next videos in full motion as well.

Virender

Cheers Virender, I've been ill over Christmas and laid up in bed for the best part of 5 days as have loads of people here in the UK with a massive flu epidemic. I was intending on dong exactly as you've suggested - compare like for like with the Beau Casson slow motion clips, but as yet haven't had time. Once I've had a look myself I'll comment further, cheers for your feedback.

The comment with regards where you point your toe is something I've not heard before - so that'll be something to look at.

My run up is usually slightly more dynamic perhaps one step more, but this was on a slippery surface with trainers that weren't offering a lot of grip, so I wasn't able to put a lot more effort into it for the fear of slipping. But it's an area everyone says I need to work on and have been a bit since the summer.

Cheers Virender I'm not too bad now - slowly getting better. I've got a general cicket question for you that you might be able to answer? If the ball comes off the bat - say for instance an inside edge, but then ricochets off your body before the wicket keeper catches it are you still out or has it got to come clean off the bat/gloves to be caught out?

Back