Virender's Blog-2008

Re: Virender's Blog-2008

Had a good net practice and did a lot of bowling.
I told my captain and coach about the match and the overall performance of the team.
I am going out of town for 2-3 days and will log in later on.
So far the last week had been good with a match victory and good amount of net practice as well.

Had a tough week with no cricket practice and was out of town.
From tomorrow i will be going to practice till the end of the week & might miss one practice session in between for work out of town.
Also being out of town last week i could not arrange another match in mumbai.
Given the fact that we won last match couple of week back;boys are eager to play another and i am surly going to arrange a match for next saturday.

From last week; i could not go to practice nets since i was out of town on job.

TOday went to nets and bowled a lot of my left arm spin.
Overall the bowling was average with stiffness of last two weeks work load.I will try to make the most of the next two days of net practice.

yeah keep it up virender, stiffness is always a real annoyance, my back has been awful over the last week

Thanks Guys.

Today i went for net practice after a gap around two weeks.
Missed the net sessions very much.
Bowled early on very well getting good turn and bounce.
Having your own personal ball really helps as it is with me only and i don't share it with everybody.
Had a batting session initially struggled to bat then later on i was in control and batted for at least 30-40 mins and having my ex-coach bowling his off spin to me was shocking and he was struggling in the nets and was hoping to bowl in one net to the other trying to get his rhythm right but had no success.
Even my senior team mates were pulling his leg.
At times i observed that while batting my feet movement was slow and that was concern.I don't know wether it was the 2 weeks work load or practice after 2 weeks but certainly i need to sort this issue so in the coming matches i should struggle to play.

Virendersingh.berthwal;334434 said:
Thanks Guys.

Today i went for net practice after a gap around two weeks.
Missed the net sessions very much.
Bowled early on very well getting good turn and bounce.
Having your own personal ball really helps as it is with me only and i don't share it with everybody.
Had a batting session initially struggled to bat then later on i was in control and batted for at least 30-40 mins and having my ex-coach bowling his off spin to me was shocking and he was struggling in the nets and was hoping to bowl in one net to the other trying to get his rhythm right but had no success.
Even my senior team mates were pulling his leg.
At times i observed that while batting my feet movement was slow and that was concern.I don't know wether it was the 2 weeks work load or practice after 2 weeks but certainly i need to sort this issue so in the coming matches i should struggle to play.

Maybe you just had an off day with the bat?

I remember once, I scored 3* off 56 deliveries, I just could not get my feet to work.

Thanks Breeno,

Coming back to cricket.
I have observed that things in my club are coming to my control for example my captain and owner of the club has supported me always and now a days I suggested arranging matches along with my friends from other club as our own players are not coming to nets.
He has supported me and as a result I had arranged a match two weeks back and captained for my club team for the first time in one year and even won that match.
Going by this I am thinking to have our fellow forum friends from big cricket.com
Any player-resident of Mumbai or Thane region interested in playing cricket matches from my club as and when arranged are welcomed.
He can contact me on this forum or send me a private message for further details.
Getting to play more matches is good for them since I have seen a lot of good players don't get chances to play matches.
So if anyone interested to play match from my team; then do contact me.

Virender

Congrats getting to captain your side and it looks like you did a good job, well done.

Capatined my team for a 40-over match last saturday in mumbai.
Won the toss and again elected to field first.
The decision turned right as we boled out the opposition in 36 overs at 167 runs.
My left arm fast opening bowler was struggling to get his rhytm right but the other one was bowling a very tight line and length.
The nexttwo fast bowlers also bowled wicketto-wicket and did not let the batsmen to score freely.
That provided we spinners good opportunity to continue pressuring the batsmen and we three spinners shared 7 wickets among ourselves.
My leg spinner took 3 wickets in 6overs giving 23 runs and we two left spinners took 2 wickets each.
I bowled only two overs and bowled the opposite captain and the only 50+ runs scoring batsmen.
I had used 3-right arm fast bowlers,1-left arm fast bowler and 1-leg spinner and 3-left arm spinners.
With 168 runs to win we were pretty relaxed and happy.
We started the opening very aggressively and scored 34 runs in 4 overs itself.
But a "moment of insanity" and we both got out in 5th over but after that the next two batsmen continued the same onslaught and we comfortably chased the runs in 27 overs itself with no.3 scoring 40 runs and no.4 scoring 86* not out runs.
But as decided with the opposition captian we would complete the overs in the alloted time so we had a good 1hr and 15 mins in spare; so took the no.4 batsmen out of field and then let my no.5,6,7,8,9 batsment to bat the remaining overs.
After wining so comfortably last two matches the spirits of the boys are very high and they are looking forward for more action.
Being the captain it was a personal satisfying acheivement for me.
My club captain called me up and congratulated me for the second win and that i am sure it must have created a buzz among my Club Mates
as my winning team had only one player from my club and the rest of players are from different club who get very little chance to play for their own club.
I am looking forward to having more matches in coming as the cricketing season will end in 2-3 months and also most of the boys are having exams.so in between the matches will be played.

Thanks Mate.

The next following day i reported for practice.As soon my captain reached the nets he took me aside for a walk around the ground and talked with me on club matters and I was surprised to hear that two senior players (On previous Day)had an argument over a petty issues of old ball being used that was not visible to one of the senior player.
Captain was mum during the debate and he was telling me the whole issue that how one of the senior is been unnecessarily pampered by himself and he accepts his mistake and will deal with it more seriously in near future.
I just told him that this will be forgotten by both of them and we should not be bothered with these but it is not good for team spirit as youngsters are watching all this.
Also he has roped in my ex-coach for our team to which i was not comfortable but pledge my support.
Anyway we had a good practice and we had at least 7 batsmen in the nets batting for close to 7-8 mins.I batted last for around 12 mins(my Captain gave me that extra time as i was batting fine).
After the match he announced it officially about the new coach being introduced to our club and then he carried out his speech about batting order and how our club should identify their core bowling strength that is fast bowlers and spinners.
The difference in top order,middle order,lower order and tail enders.
The important role played by each batting order and the number for all rounders etc.
During this talk i observed that most of the players were quiet and listening and that was a positive sign.
I feel that my batting order will change from opening to 7 or 8 number.
As a player i want to get maximum benefit from the coach that will improve my batting and spin bowling.

Nothing seroius but it shows a sorry picture of the club to the others.
We have our summer league tournament starting from sunday but from this year the format is changed from 40 over to 20/20 over matches.

Still the batting order is not decided and most of the players have no clue about the same.

Last few days i was out of town for work and resumed my practice session today.
I was bowling very well and getting good turn and bounce troubling most of the batsmen.
It is unfortunate that i will be working on sunday as well and not able to play the league match.
I conveyed my absence to my captain and he was surly disappointed with it and the others were upset as well.
I don;t know what the team combination will be but this match is important for our team to win as this team is very well balanced and stronger opposition compared to the next team we would be playing on coming wednesday(I would not be playing that as well).
I am hoping for my team's victory.

Re: Vender's Bog-2008

My Club played their first 20/20 summer league match last Sunday.
It was a total disappointment.
Having won the toss and elected to bat first.
Team struggled to score 108 runs.
With just 109 runs to win the opposition scored it easily and won the match.
The sad part is the "Seniors" have not yet learned from their past mistakes and continuing to do the same mistake again and again.
Appointed a new captain,new opening batsmen,changed middle and lower order.
"Senior Batsmen" getting out very cheaply and on top it no self-admittance of their own mistakes and pointing out at others and joking about it.
Attitude in fielding was the same with dropped catches and mis-fielding a common factor.
The team was not defeated by the opposition but was defeated by themselves.
If the same thing gets repeated then winning the next match on Wednesday will be a challenge.
I hope they learn from their mistakes and play positively for a win.
Hoping for their victory.

Back