Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how you don't train but expect a game at the business end? Some weak selectors.
West Newport too good, Digimon usually choke in the big ones. Pobega hitting form - lucky to hit the side of a barn door. Mcfarlane the key to Digimon, get him cheap and the rest will crumble.
If they no ball Charlie correctly West should get an extra 20-30 runs an innings.

Well if you had half a brain and knew what was going on, ive been injured taxman
biggrin.png
, and been overseas for 6 weeks, hence why i havnt been training and playing. glad we cleared that one up.
pobega not hitting form? i recall a lazy 7 fa against your mob this year and a 4 fa against gu in the last round and a top bowling spell in the semi.
Gotta love the rivalry between DIGMAN and TALIBAN. If you can call it that, since its been pretty one sided the last few years
eek.png

And did you play this year taliban? Or wernt you allowed to hahaha
Ps- i know you love us
tongue.png

Well if you had half a brain and knew what was going on, ive been injured taxman :D, and been overseas for 6 weeks, hence why i havnt been training and playing. glad we cleared that one up.
pobega not hitting form? i recall a lazy 7 fa against your mob this year and a 4 fa against gu in the last round and a top bowling spell in the semi.
Gotta love the rivalry between DIGMAN and TALIBAN. If you can call it that, since its been pretty one sided the last few years :eek:
And did you play this year taliban? Or wernt you allowed to hahaha
Ps- i know you love us :p

hmmmmm.... taliban... i mean taxman... hope your tigers go better then ya cricket club did this year

is the competition going to have a rethink re religation this year,most of us thought that an undermanned g/brand would finish bottom.as it turned out the most improved team in the comp in point cook finished bottom.
add to that the two teams in second div granny,melton who still dont have a turf wicket and ana who have only just gone back down to rebuild there club.
with both divisions being so close and competetive this year,think it might be best left how it is for another year.
what do people think.

Didn't think i'd ever say this but Wsucca do something better than WDCA
The qualification of players in finals is nothing short of a joke.
When a C grade matting side has to play against players from A1 turf and B1 turf in a semi something is wrong.
When players qualify for playing in finals by having their names put on team sheets for three games that were washed out something is WRONG.
Grand United you have in my eyes devalued every trophy you have ever won by your action this past week.
If it smells like fish and tastes like fish it's fish

is the competition going to have a rethink re religation this year,most of us thought that an undermanned g/brand would finish bottom.as it turned out the most improved team in the comp in point cook finished bottom.
add to that the two teams in second div granny,melton who still dont have a turf wicket and ana who have only just gone back down to rebuild there club.
with both divisions being so close and competetive this year,think it might be best left how it is for another year.
what do people think.
For the 1st time, titb, I agree with you on something. Leave A1 as it is for 2011/12 because Gellibrand & Point Cook showed enough to stay there. After watching the 4 A1 & A2 semis there is a hell of a difference in the standard between the grades & ANA would need better players than they have now to be competitive in A1.

When a C grade matting side has to play against players from A1 turf and B1 turf in a semi something is wrong.
When players qualify for playing in finals by having their names put on team sheets for three games that were washed out something is WRONG.
Grand United you have in my eyes devalued every trophy you have ever won by your action this past week.

Yeah....nah, I think you better pull your head in. It was quite O.K for Melton to have an ex district player (Axford) doing the rounds in the church's C and D matts for years making tons every week. If I remember correctly, Melton teams have dominated the lower leagues for years by playing blokes that were way too good for that standard. Two faced, much?

If you don't like the rules in regards to our association, go back to Geoff Gook and his band of antique arse bandits and play in the rabble that they have going. The mere suggestion that Grand United's flags are tainted because 1 bloke hit you around on one leg is absurd. You are dead set lucky that teams like Grand United even bother playing against minnow bottom feeding knob warts like you.

Oh by the way, here is a suggestion for your avatar, d1ckhead...
dawson_crying.gif

Melton Centrals must have known about finals qualifications because Mark Keating sent emails to all clubs back on 8/2. In the email he explained all aspects in detail.

Yeah....nah, I think you better pull your head in. It was quite O.K for Melton to have an ex district player (Axford) doing the rounds in the church's C and D matts for years making tons every week. If I remember correctly, Melton teams have dominated the lower leagues for years by playing blokes that were way too good for that standard. Two faced, much?

If you don't like the rules in regards to our association, go back to Geoff Gook and his band of antique arse bandits and play in the rabble that they have going. The mere suggestion that Grand United's flags are tainted because 1 bloke hit you around on one leg is absurd. You are dead set lucky that teams like Grand United even bother playing against minnow bottom feeding knob warts like you.

Oh by the way, here is a suggestion for your avatar, d1ckhead...
dawson_crying.gif

Now thats what i call a spray hahahahahahaha

West Newport

Strengths.....They have been there, done that. Well captained, well coached and young. They have depth in their bowling, the Irving's and Shiell are top notch. Batting wise they have Phillips and Shiell at the top of the order, and a strong lower middle order. Fielding wise they are great, with Ash Peters being one of the best going around. Played at Parson's last week, familiar with the wicket. Fit enough to play out a strong 6 days.

Weaknesses....Even though they are the reigning premiers, they are still young. And with youth comes inconsistency, highlighted by their last round loss to Imps before winning the semi. Can have some really poor sessions in games, and may not be able to play catch up again this year. Need a more even contribution with the bat, too many single figure scores by batsmen even when they do win. Unlike Digman, their B-turf team is not strong, so depth is a concern. Players would know that their spot is reasonably safe, training might be less competitive.

What they need to do to win....Use time to their advantage. Slow the game right down if Digman get on top, make it a war of attrition. Play Peter Mcdonald, his experience will be needed. Don't forget it was he who virtually assured them last year's Grand Final berth without even playing. Not too many players can lay claim to having done that. If, as happened on the weekend, they are having a bad period, it is up to Matt Shiell to back his eleven getting the job done no matter what the situation.

Tomorrow, the ground, pitch and Match Odds.

Friday, my selection.

West Newport

Strengths.....They have been there, done that. Well captained, well coached and young. They have depth in their bowling, the Irving's and Shiell are top notch. Batting wise they have Phillips and Shiell at the top of the order, and a strong lower middle order. Fielding wise they are great, with Ash Peters being one of the best going around. Played at Parson's last week, familiar with the wicket. Fit enough to play out a strong 6 days.

Weaknesses....Even though they are the reigning premiers, they are still young. And with youth comes inconsistency, highlighted by their last round loss to Imps before winning the semi. Can have some really poor sessions in games, and may not be able to play catch up again this year. Need a more even contribution with the bat, too many single figure scores by batsmen even when they do win. Unlike Digman, their B-turf team is not strong, so depth is a concern. Players would know that their spot is reasonably safe, training might be less competitive.

What they need to do to win....Use time to their advantage. Slow the game right down if Digman get on top, make it a war of attrition. Play Peter Mcdonald, his experience will be needed. Don't forget it was he who virtually assured them last year's Grand Final berth without even playing. Not too many players can lay claim to having done that. If, as happened on the weekend, they are having a bad period, it is up to Matt Shiell to back his eleven getting the job done no matter what the situation.

Tomorrow, the ground, pitch and Match Odds.

Friday, my selection.

Who needs richie benaud when you've got classx1 hahaha like it.
But ill back digman at odds on :)

Oh by the way, here is a suggestion for your avatar, d1ckhe
dawson_crying.gif
ad...

first of all 10 points for artistic merit
agree with you as far as axford goes but wrong club, and at least he played the entire seasons in the one grade or was limited in his movements
i also understand you take offence to a new comer to your comp having a whinge about how you go about things but i find it hard to believe you can condone a player coming down 7 grades to play in a semi final and another player being allowed to play when he had only played one game all year
Also if grand united did not play against bottom feeding teams like us who would you play
and my opinion of grand united will not be changed by people like yourself ranting and raving, but i am open to reasoned debate

Probably fair to say to ease up on Evo and his missus. Poor bloke is one of the best blokes you could come across and you want to sh1t can him. For what its worth I am titb. Send your sh1t this way, if that's what you feel you must do.

bowler...
The fact I stated Axford was an example of what all Melton teams do. You say you are up for a reasoned debate? Did you mention the player involved was seriously affected by injury? Or how about the fact that he was playing alongside his 13 year old nephew? Or the fact that EVERY Grand United side was competing in finals and there was a wedding in which numerous players were attending. The player involved had no intention of playing last weekend, he really couldn't give 2 shits about a C-Matts game. The fact that he did play, on one leg and all, is testament to the character of both the player and the club. It is what being a great club is all about. That, my friend, is why our club room walls are chock full of premiership photos. So if you want to take ill informed pot shots at us from the safety of your PC be my guest, but you had your chance to say something on the weekend and didn't.

Probably fair to say to ease up on Evo and his missus. Poor bloke is one of the best blokes you could come across and you want to sh1t can him. For what its worth I am titb. Send your sh1t this way, if that's what you feel you must do.

terry terry terry
everyone wants to be titb.

unyuns...i couldnt give a sh1t whos who on here. you bag, you get bagged. its all fun :D nice of you to stick up for him though ;)
PS- if you get bored come down and watch one of 3 NEWPORT DIGMAN sides play in a grand final. cheers champ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back