Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an observer, I think Newport digmans bowling attack ( mcfarland, gurera, pobega & k Collins) is second to none not only in the wdca but other local 'higher standard' mobs included also. Was interesing to see the variety in pace And style the 3 quicks have to offer with the old speed gun behind the net on Thursday night. The poms consistent glen mcgrath style bowling coming down between 115 and 120km/h consistently really is the wdca glen mcgrath. Pobega who hits the deck quite hard and gets strange bounce and varies pace regularly ranging from 115km up to a lazy 142km when the back bent and charlie moving the ball late with his skidding bounce coming through at around 120km but showed his still able to throw down the odd 130km+ delivery when he really wants to! And for what it's worth k Collins sending down his tweakers around the 75-80km mark and the well known quicker ball at 108km! The bowlers work very well together and have the variety to suit all conditions . Just my 2 cents on the bulls!

LB ;)
Haha, thats funny. Speed gun clocking someone in park cricket at 140+
00cool%20story%20bro.jpg

The wicket.....is an absolute road. If anything, drizzle will help it even more. Will always have something for the new ball, but will be a grind after that.

The Odds...West Newport 1.72
Newport Digman 2.10.

My tip...Form suggests West Newport will win. History suggests West Newport will win. I on the other hand am going for an upset. This is Digman's time. It is the last crack at it for a lot of their players that have been great servants of their club. No one would begrudge Welsh, Ghazi, the Collins boys and co. a premiership. On the other hand, West would be worthy winners too.

Enough of me, good luck to all teams that are competing in grand finals tomorrow. May the best teams win.

been a bit of a boring day for the digman boys by the look at some of todays post.lets hope your still all chirpy on monday.
classx1 $2.10 might be a little generous for the team that finished on top,and playing the side we flogged last game.
unless you know something,like how good of mates these power brokers at grand and cheats really are,and you do seem to know them very well :oops:

A victory to Newport-Digman already. Ghazi told the comp he didn't want Mick Jones & Frank Henry as umpires. Mick because his son is playing for west & Frank because he cost them the flag 3 years ago. The comp's agreed & the're umpiring A2, still its a bonus for Melton south & ANA because they get the best 2 umpires I've seen this season.

A victory to Newport-Digman already. Ghazi told the comp he didn't want Mick Jones & Frank Henry as umpires. Mick because his son is playing for west & Frank because he cost them the flag 3 years ago. The comp's agreed & the're umpiring A2, still its a bonus for Melton south & ANA because they get the best 2 umpires I've seen this season.

who is umpiring the game? and how did frank cost digman the gf 3 years ago?

only leaves hogan and gasper,or did gaazi arrange to have weapons umpire.
that makes digman even shorter odds, gaazi and retardd coach will stand over hogan.

Not sure of first names, John? Gaspar & Tim? Hogan doing A1. Frank missed a caught behind early & Darren Jury & Dean Commo
put on a big partnership of about 200 to set up big 1st innings total.

I wouldnt say he cost us the game, but gave some very dodgy decisions one in particular.:eek:
You were at that game wernt you willy comp :D
i was there mate.. he did miss that one, but dont think it makes him a bad umpire.. i still think he is the best and has the most control! he gave the make up decision later though.. ha
there is always going to be decisons that influence a game so its about taking the most of the luck you get in a game. thats what wins GF's. making the most of your luck!
good luck tomorrow and for christ sake, have a third man all day at parsons at the solo end.. will kill you if you dont!

thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard............:rolleyes:

i was there mate.. he did miss that one, but dont think it makes him a bad umpire.. i still think he is the best and has the most control! he gave the make up decision later though.. ha
there is always going to be decisons that influence a game so its about taking the most of the luck you get in a game. thats what wins GF's. making the most of your luck!
good luck tomorrow and for christ sake, have a third man all day at parsons at the solo end.. will kill you if you dont!

welshys inside edge LBW in the 1st dig was also a good one too...............:oops:

finally recovered after a few big days......

titb ill be going to watch some real cricket chump!!!

good season by my boys both 1sts and 2nds made finals again(howd the imps go???)......2nds come up from b-matting(after making the grand final last year) so the gap isnt huge but still a great effort.....and just shows why my club is going places with the kids comming through after having 8 players unavailable at semi final selection(dissapointing)......constant improvement......1st time in 30 years both 1st and 2nds have had back to back finals experiances.....

a-2 turf medalist ricky suvada....what a player!!!

tips....
a1....west
b1....digman
a2....ana
b2....south

care about the rest.......

good luck to those playing give it everything you got and enjoy the contest.....doesnt get any better.....yes im envious....

finally recovered after a few big days......

titb ill be going to watch some real cricket chump!!!

good season by my boys both 1sts and 2nds made finals again(howd the imps go???)......2nds come up from b-matting(after making the grand final last year) so the gap isnt huge but still a great effort.....and just shows why my club is going places with the kids comming through after having 8 players unavailable at semi final selection(dissapointing)......constant improvement......1st time in 30 years both 1st and 2nds have had back to back finals experiances.....

a-2 turf medalist ricky suvada....what a player!!!

tips....
a1....west
b1....digman
a2....ana
b2....south

care about the rest.......

good luck to those playing give it everything you got and enjoy the contest.....doesnt get any better.....yes im envious....
You should have checked the scores on mycricket before putting your tips in. Your A & B2 tips are already behind on 1st innings!

welshys inside edge LBW in the 1st dig was also a good one too...............:oops:

i got a bad one in round 3 last year,get over it or you will never win one,and right now they have the better of you.it makes me sick,i cant come tomorrow cos from here i think there gunna flog ya,i coudnt cope.hate to say this but cheats have so far stuck it right up titb.please digman fight back.
weapons how did imps go ..........5th in the A grade not fourth in second div.....but if thats your best shot at me,then you know ive got ya covered,thats why youve been laying low.as for imps coaching job your not required...........but watch this space ......big name at imps next year.......might surprise you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back