Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

bowler;406368 said:
clear the pickets.
all true my friend But player payments will escalate and clubs will die because of it but every one seems to think cricket can afford this and as long as thier club is ok so be it .
what is stopping any club with a generous sponsor buying a team of champions and effectively killing the comp?
And my concern is not only for WDCA but all competions below subby's
Again thanks for your input (i have had my say and will be quiet now)

it would be one huge sponsorship lol. Every year, teams that do buy players have to weigh up winning games and team unity. If my team went out and bought 7 players or so, I wouldnt really care bout them and might think about leaving as the committee wouldnt be thinking of the players. I can only really base my opinion on what Ive seen in VTCA. My example Altona Roosters. They got a couple of englishmen over for the season. One did his back which was unfortunate, other guy took 3 wickets and made 90 odd against us. Without they went home, they were no good (I know roosters ppl, u had injuries too, just trying to make my point) I think they got it right, hopefully those guys come back for them and hopefully they can stay longer and not get injured.

Also if teams don't have juniors, where will the influx of players come from? We don't pay anyone at our club (90% sure there), we have something like 5-6 teams within a couple of Kms. what do we do when our guys get too old? Out there you have how many different clubs over how much area? Gotta weigh everything up and decide.
If you guys get up to A Turf (dunno where ur starting) you will probably see that your current squad isnt sufficient to compete against the others. Then you might think differently. Anyway just my opinions. Go sainters!

st andrewsman.
we also have a competative area as far as that goes with 5 clubs in one town.
but our main problem is the lack of a turf wicket of our own,we let our best juniors go have a crack at subbys with our blessing in the hope that if it doesnt work out they will come back and play for our club again. however we are working with our council and another local club towards getting another turf deck so that will help us keep our players.
cheers

bowler;406473 said:
st andrewsman.
we also have a competative area as far as that goes with 5 clubs in one town.
but our main problem is the lack of a turf wicket of our own,we let our best juniors go have a crack at subbys with our blessing in the hope that if it doesnt work out they will come back and play for our club again. however we are working with our council and another local club towards getting another turf deck so that will help us keep our players.
cheers

I must be missing something here, I know you have Melton, Centrls, and South. I am not counting junior clubs, only senior clubs, and you have a few more ppl for every cricket club in melton than we do here. Yes it might be competitive there but Melton is the subby side, the other 2 are on the same level, so your equal second, and with both south and centrals not really paying many, you guys come equal second in cricket clubs.

We are 1km away from a subbies, Druids who is in north and pays a hell of a lot of money, YCW, they are prolly even with us, but they have juniors, we don't. Yes you guys don't have a turf pitch, but only Melton has 1, so unless they want to travel a fair way, you guys are alrite. I wont say anymore about this as we are getting off topic. In a competitive market for players in such a small area, you need things to entice people to come to ur club, juniors is one, premierships and winning a lot is another, money is another, just ask druids lol.

Hi Mate
I was also counting St Anthonys (Mctyre cup gisborne league) and Rockbank
So if druids did not pay as much or not at all it would be easier for your club to attract or retain players?
The points you make are valid but travel is irrelevent as we all have to travel anyway.
Only really affects juniors who have to rely on parents for tranport.
Pity were playing in different comps it would have nice to catch up for a beer .
cheers

weapons05/06;406444 said:
from what i was told it will be worded a-turf sec 1......well have to wait and see... we wont be able to compete with c$$$ed up a-turf teams......we are building for that......other than 1 dayers we were the best team in b1 last year and the stats say that......wernt good enough when it counted.....

hahahaha........bbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz another mudsucking carp......if you read it correctly.........i said duds like hussler!!!!

you got 1 thing right.......you gave us a touch up by 30 runs!!!!

i might have to take the great man fishing again!!!!

You forgot to mention that YOU were the one who went out 3...........yes 3 times until you actually walked off the ground........:eek:

I will give you benefit of doubt on the Caught Behind(I never walk) but being run out by 3 metres & then making your mate (who was clearly up the other end by this stage) take the fall for you.....that was just a disgrace, its called CHEATING:eek:

The beads of sweat on your forehead when I confronted you, told the story,go change ya jocks weapons...........hahahaahahahaha

Suppose you had to walk after gettin caught @ mid-wicket hey?....nice cover drive weap hahaha....... Third time lucky for us! And we still flogged yous......:eek:

ONE-NIL:p

hussler;406559 said:
You forgot to mention that YOU were the one who went out 3...........yes 3 times until you actually walked off the ground........:eek:

I will give you benefit of doubt on the Caught Behind(I never walk) but being run out by 3 metres & then making your mate (who was clearly up the other end by this stage) take the fall for you.....that was just a disgrace, its called CHEATING:eek:

The beads of sweat on your forehead when I confronted you, told the story,go change ya jocks weapons...........hahahaahahahaha

Suppose you had to walk after gettin caught @ mid-wicket hey?....nice cover drive weap hahaha....... Third time lucky for us! And we still flogged yous......

ONE-NIL:p

great comeback!!!!!....

you sqweeeled like a little girl.......hahaha......and your right i dont walk.......umpire is there to make a decision and he did!!!!

thats a fair call, umpires are there for that very reason, i never walk either, i get lots of bad decisions against me when i am not out so if i get away with one then it equalls itself out in my opinion

Superowl;406571 said:
thats a fair call, umpires are there for that very reason, i never walk either, i get lots of bad decisions against me when i am not out so if i get away with one then it equalls itself out in my opinion

just a bit of banter between us......i love it!!

thing is though the ump didnt know what to do......hahahaha

weapons05/06;406561 said:
great comeback!!!!!....

you sqweeeled like a little girl.......hahaha......and your right i dont walk.......umpire :eek:is there to make a decision and he did!!!!

your player was at square & made the decision, so when he & you cheated the field umpire had really no option than to agree with the cheat!

So your player really isnt an official umpire is he????????

Superowl;406571 said:

Now do you think its fair buddy??? He knew he crossed (by 3 metres) & still wouldnt walk = Disgrace!

The other batsman was half way of the ground & was called back!

I dont walk either, but if my player(square leg ump) made a decision to cheat for me I would walk to save his or my teams reputation.......;)

See on the VTCA website that they are looking at setting up a Sunday one day under 17's futures comp both north and south to introduce juniors to turf cricket which allows up to 3 overage players to play with restrictions for coaching purposes etc. It is open to all Clubs not just VTCA affiliates. Any Clubs interested ??

hussler;406733 said:
Now do you think its fair buddy??? He knew he crossed (by 3 metres) & still wouldnt walk = Disgrace!

The other batsman was half way of the ground & was called back!

I dont walk either, but if my player(square leg ump) made a decision to cheat for me I would walk to save his or my teams reputation.......;)

hahahahaha.....get over it.....:cool:

Are looking at a 2-tier B turf again?

weapons - what have you lot put in for? making the move up to A-turf?

A.B De Villiers;407011 said:
Are looking at a 2-tier B turf again?

weapons - what have you lot put in for? making the move up to A-turf?

i hear there will be 2 a-turf and 1 b-turf......

so if thats the case we will be in a-turf sec1...along with you blokes.....and the teams who had there 1sts in b-turf 1 last year.....ana westbourne and the new teams 2 melton clubs.....there are a couple more but cant think of them atm

8 teams in a-turf
8 teams in a-turf 1
and 2nd 11's in b-turf......

what do you think???

if not we have applied for b-turf 1 again...with another turf team in c-turf.....b-mats.....and i hope we can keep the 1 day team happening too......so from 2 teams we hopefully will have 4 in a couple of years......then we can build for a-turf......

cheers

weapons05/06;407039 said:

so if thats the case we will be in a-turf sec1...along with you blokes.....and the teams who had there 1sts in b-turf 1 last year.....ana westbourne and the new teams 2 melton clubs.....there are a couple more but cant think of them atm

8 teams in a-turf
8 teams in a-turf 1

how the hell can u have two a turf grades this is why this comp is laughed at by others sounds like if your not good enuf to play a turf your in b turf dont sugarcoat it your club is just not good enuf

justoutsideoff;407134 said:

8 teams in a-turf
8 teams in a-turf 1

how the hell can u have two a turf grades this is why this comp is laughed at by others sounds like if your not good enuf to play a turf your in b turf dont sugarcoat it your club is just not good enuf

Angry comments by an angry man!! :D:D

8 teams in a-turf
8 teams in a-turf 1

we can have 2 a-turf grades because we have 8 teams not up to a-turf standard as you say........there are a few clubs mine included who are going through or comming out of a tough period where there were no jnrs and only a couple of snr teams.....now my club have a full compliment of jnr teams u/11 u/13 u/15 and now 2 u/17 teams......when i started there were 2 snr teams.....so in a year will will have 4 snr teams........and an extra jnr team......not many clubs can do what my club has done in a short time......with money in the bank new wicket new facilities we are going to ensure deer park ardeer will be a force to be reconed with......and the wdca is thriving so the comp cant be going too bad..........with 3 or 4 new clubs comming in this year.......its bigger and stronger than ever........

what club are you from numbnuts.......???

mmvca thread is the 1 for you.......

i laugh at your comp!!!!

weapons05/06;407143 said:
we can have 2 a-turf grades because we have 8 teams not up to a-turf standard as you say........there are a few clubs mine included who are going through or comming out of a tough period where there were no jnrs and only a couple of snr teams.....now my club have a full compliment of jnr teams u/11 u/13 u/15 and now 2 u/17 teams......when i started there were 2 snr teams.....so in a year will will have 4 snr teams........and an extra jnr team......not many clubs can do what my club has done in a short time......with money in the bank new wicket new facilities we are going to ensure deer park ardeer will be a force to be reconed with......and the wdca is thriving so the comp cant be going too bad..........with 3 or 4 new clubs comming in this year.......its bigger and stronger than ever........

what club are you from numbnuts.......???

mmvca thread is the 1 for you.......

i laugh at your comp!!!!

you can do all the laughiung you want but my point was simple why put the a turf name to a inferior grade of cricketers........................

justoutsideoff;407225 said:
weapons05/06;407143 said:
you can do all the laughiung you want but my point was simple why put the a turf name to a inferior grade of cricketers........................

As much as I don't want to agree with justoutsideoff after he sledged our comp, I'm not sure it should be called A-Turf 1. A-Turf is A-Turf. I don't actually see the need for this grade at all.

If the comp are worried about 1st XI's who are better than B-Turf standard, then put them in A-Turf where they can learn. If sides have 2nd XI's not good enough for B-Turf, tolerate them thorugh a development period and if nothing happens, send them down to C-Composite.

The last side with a 1st XI in the old B-Turf which this could be said of is was Footscray ANA and they won one B-Turf flag in that period. They played a style of cricket that made them a threat in B-Turf but they were showed up when wheeling out the same XI when they reluctantly went up to A-Turf.

It is a bit different now, with more 1st XI B-Turf sides, but I'm all for grading teams where they fit in on a range of variables, not simply along the lines of 1st XI/2nd XI.

The Top of Off;407227 said:
justoutsideoff;407225 said:
As much as I don't want to agree with justoutsideoff after he sledged our comp, I'm not sure it should be called A-Turf 1. A-Turf is A-Turf. I don't actually see the need for this grade at all.

If the comp are worried about 1st XI's who are better than B-Turf standard, then put them in A-Turf where they can learn. If sides have 2nd XI's not good enough for B-Turf, tolerate them thorugh a development period and if nothing happens, send them down to C-Composite.

The last side with a 1st XI in the old B-Turf which this could be said of is was Footscray ANA and they won one B-Turf flag in that period. They played a style of cricket that made them a threat in B-Turf but they were showed up when wheeling out the same XI when they reluctantly went up to A-Turf.

It is a bit different now, with more 1st XI B-Turf sides, but I'm all for grading teams where they fit in on a range of variables, not simply along the lines of 1st XI/2nd XI.

you cannot put more than 8teams in a 10game season as they would not all play each other .I agree that it should be called something else unless you have a conference system and the winner of each section play off for the a turf pennant We will not know what the new clubs can do until the season is over so maybe its a grading year for both melton centrals and melton south
however i'm sure both clubs will do our best to shake the comp up a bit .
Both clubs have been successful in wsucca so we look forward to the challenge.
To just outsde off why dont you stop worrying about our comp and give advice to your own (im sure they could use a mind as sharp as yours)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back