Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

justoutsideoff;407225 said:
weapons05/06;407143 said:
you can do all the laughiung you want but my point was simple why put the a turf name to a inferior grade of cricketers........................

as ive said in a previous post........whatever they decide a-turf 1 or b-turf 1......we wont be playing a-turf untill we actually win something.....nothing wrong with that.......myself and commitee are happy with that.......

i was only putting out there what i was told about the comp and how they might handle the influx of new teams and teams not good enough/not ready to play in the top grade.....

You could always name the turf grades A1, A2, A3 so everyone on turf can say they play A grade cricket!

Just joking ;P

Just stick with 8 team A, B, C, etc. turf gradings

stacksonthemill;407336 said:
You could always name the turf grades A1, A2, A3 so everyone on turf can say they play A grade cricket!

Just joking ;P

Just stick with 8 team A, B, C, etc. turf gradings

Instead of worrying about how 4+ f*%kin 4 should add up to 8... who is going to beat GU given the fall out of players from West & Lavo?????

Butterfingers;407601 said:
Instead of worrying about how 4+ f*%kin 4 should add up to 8... who is going to beat GU given the fall out of players from West & Lavo?????

who are g/u????

saw the gradings for the season. The committee musnt be too smart I dont think. Why have the 2 A-turf sections and then the reserves both B-turfs? Good decision to do the 1sts home, 2nds away system but why not do it like the VTCA and call the real A-Turf and their reserves A1 and A2, and then second section B1 and B2?

Also looks like A2 section will be playing games on Matts, thanks to Melton. They should be put down in C Composite til they get turf grounds. By the way Go sainters! :p :cool:

StAndrewsman;407915 said:
saw the gradings for the season. The committee musnt be too smart I dont think. Why have the 2 A-turf sections and then the reserves both B-turfs? Good decision to do the 1sts home, 2nds away system but why not do it like the VTCA and call the real A-Turf and their reserves A1 and A2, and then second section B1 and B2?

Also looks like A2 section will be playing games on Matts, thanks to Melton. They should be put down in C Composite til they get turf grounds. By the way Go sainters! :p :cool:

StAndrewsman
As far as we are aware our first eleven is competing in B turf and our second Eleven will be competing in the c composite grade . But also heard that ground availibility could be an issue so we will wait and see like everyone else.
Enjoy your cricket Bowler

StAndrewsman;407915 said:

I have to agree with Bowler, I believe our 1st eleven will be playing all games on turf, grounds supplied by the competition which was a similar senario when you were in the WSUCCA. Our 2nd eleven will be in the compositite grade, as it is still awaiting confimation from WADCA so dont know where you got your info from as I believe all to be revealed this coming Friday. It would be a bit silly putting our and Melton Centrals (top 2 teams of A grade WSUCCA last season) into the composite grade then other clubs would not be happy if both teams were to dominate in that grade. We have to start somewhere while awaiting our council to develope a new ground for both our clubs, we cant all be lucky like your club and be given a great ground on a platter after Sunshine United moved to Albion many years ago. Pennell is and always was a great ground and wicket so be thankful you have it. Anyway all the best for the coming season.:)

As I am not in the comp, I do not know the state of turf wickets but does anyone know what turf grounds Melton clubs will use? I cannot think of any turf grounds teams will gladly give up for Melton sides. Maybe their 1sts will play away til they can get one, that means their seconds will always play at home on the matts.

From the meeting last night Melton people, the gradings are set up VTCA style, 1sts play at home, 2nds play same team away. Melton Centrals and Melton South are in A2 and B2, not Composite. It just probably takes a little while to get the info out to the woop woop teams.

Clear the Picketts, I havent been at the club for that length of time, but I think that there could have been a gap in between Sunshine United leaving to go to Selwyn and us moving into Pennell. Don't know for sure, however, so I might need to do some searching for that info.

Remember Melton sides, front foot on turf :p

StAndrewsman;407944 said:
As I am not in the comp, I do not know the state of turf wickets but does anyone know what turf grounds Melton clubs will use? I cannot think of any turf grounds teams will gladly give up for Melton sides. Maybe their 1sts will play away til they can get one, that means their seconds will always play at home on the matts.

From the meeting last night Melton people, the gradings are set up VTCA style, 1sts play at home, 2nds play same team away. Melton Centrals and Melton South are in A2 and B2, not Composite. It just probably takes a little while to get the info out to the woop woop teams.

Clear the Picketts, I havent been at the club for that length of time, but I think that there could have been a gap in between Sunshine United leaving to go to Selwyn and us moving into Pennell. Don't know for sure, however, so I might need to do some searching for that info.

Remember Melton sides, front foot on turf :p

Yes i believe Sunshine 3rds or ladies had pennell for a while and also Druids at one stage before you guys got the ground after Sunshine United went to selwyn park, As for us and centrals well we believe our 1s will be playing away each week 2s will play on matts at home some they must be in composite unless both will play away not sure as yet. and yes get on the front foot at least at your ground you can do that with confidence that the ball will come on to the bat some play slow thus having you letting the ball to come to you to get the feel of the pace of the wicket. Some of the WSUCCA wickets were too slow even later on in the season this comes down to the curator you must get a good one who puts the time and effort in to get the best rewards. And thanks for the info on the coming season all the best cheers.:)

a1 turf 8 teams west newport-g/u-digman-gellibrand-willy colts-wyndhamvale-willy imps-point cook
b1 turf 8 teams as above.....

a2 turf 8 teams deer park-foots ana-melt sth-melt cent-hopp club-old west-st johns and willy congs
b2 turf 8 teams all teams above except st johns and old westbourne.....taking their place are glen orden and laverton.....

c comp 8 teams
a mats 10 teams
b mats 8 teams
and c mats 8 teams

one day comp also

for the a1 section and a2 section 13 games 6 one dayers and 7 2 dayers.....b turf's included.....

great stuff from the comp......new teams.......no lavo......win win......

what are grounds like with the rain......ours(deer park) is struggling

weapons05/06;407961 said:
what are grounds like with the rain......ours(deer park) is struggling

You should know better, round 1 will be called off, although Angliss Pitches are looking immaculate, probably because no footy on there. In the VTCA we plan for a round 2-3 start as per usual :p

With B2 (your seconds) Clear the Pickets, there will be 3 teams that have to play on matts as there is no turf grounds but it is still b-turf 2, C composite only has 1 turf ground in it from what I gather. Have you kept your players ffrom last season? Leroy still coaching on a packet? Least he will be on turf now

StAndrewsman;407966 said:
You should know better, round 1 will be called off, although Angliss Pitches are looking immaculate, probably because no footy on there. In the VTCA we plan for a round 2-3 start as per usual :p

With B2 (your seconds) Clear the Pickets, there will be 3 teams that have to play on matts as there is no turf grounds but it is still b-turf 2, C composite only has 1 turf ground in it from what I gather. Have you kept your players ffrom last season? Leroy still coaching on a packet? Least he will be on turf now

who cares about the vtca????......the comp itself is a joke......

ill make sure when d/p are playing a team on the mats im available.......:eek:

StAndrewsman;407966 said:

What hole you been living in mate, theres been a drought going on the last 10 years.

Last year was the 1st time round 1 has been washed out in 6 years in the WDCA...........we dont call games off 3 weeks b4 the start of the season like the softcoks in the VTCA...............:p

well it will be 2 years in a row then :p

is Armo still coaching down there?

also not our fault about not starting round 1, its always the other side of the city. You will realise it in a few years when you all join up :D ;)

can't wait for the responses

StAndrewsman;408018 said:
well it will be 2 years in a row then :p

is Armo still coaching down there?

also not our fault about not starting round 1, its always the other side of the city. You will realise it in a few years when you all join up :D

can't wait for the responses

You have to be kidding about Arma....:eek:

Predicting the weather now hey?

And in response to your joining vtca comment.........I do not need to worry about that....:cool:

hussler;408029 said:
You have to be kidding about Arma....:eek:

Predicting the weather now hey?

And in response to your joining vtca comment.........I do not need to worry about that....:cool:

yeah your over the hill as it is.......:eek:

vtca shmeetca care.....its the vtca trying to be like the subbies......more professional......even though its only park cricket......the way some of these people talk about vtca next they will want to take over premier cricket......:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back