2010 / 11 general chat.

Won't be next season. The new grounds are still on the drawing board,no work started yet.

Were getting a new turf table built at Langshaws Reserve Altona Noth at Xmas maybe they can have Altona Meadows when we start playing at our spiritual home the following season.
Any local lads want to jump on our band wagon Come on Down.

Were getting a new turf table built at Langshaws Reserve Altona Noth at Xmas maybe they can have Altona Meadows when we start playing at our spiritual home the following season.
No, Altona North are to get two turf pitches alongside each other & clubrooms comparable to what they will be leaving. Anyway , Laverton are waiting on Altona Green to become available so they can get their 3rds & 4ths on there. They're still fuming over the council taking their 3rds off Altona Green & giving Roosters their spot.

Neither of those grounds. Three grounds are to be developed behind Laverton's ground, between Laverton Creek & the railway line, two ovals for cricket/football & the other for athletics. Work is to start shortly.
The Western Jets need both ovals for training of their various squads all year round & obviously cricket pitches, cricketers get in the way of that. They will also to be able to play practice & home matches there without worrying about it still being cricket season.

I notice there is a primary school nearby which is important for junior clubs. I wonder if the primary school would be able to service 2 or 3 clubs. A move there could eventually cause the demise of ANCC OR LAVERTON. I wonder how many clubs draw juniors from that primary school? If athletics is to be accomadated as well, I imagine that would make it worse.Obviously ANCC have a dilema on their hands.

THE HALL. st. primary is in an ageing area. I'd suggest there would not be great numbers at the school.

With 2 primary schools and 2 secondary colleges not far away I imagine you guys would be in 7th heaven.

I notice there is a primary school nearby which is important for junior clubs. I wonder if the primary school would be able to service 2 or 3 clubs. A move there could eventually cause the demise of ANCC OR LAVERTON. I wonder how many clubs draw juniors from that primary school? If athletics is to be accomadated as well, I imagine that would make it worse.Obviously ANCC have a dilema on their hands.

THE HALL. st. primary is in an ageing area. I'd suggest there would not be great numbers at the school.

definatley not an ageing area....400 kids at that school

definatley not an ageing area....400 kids at that school

Well thats good to see. Junior clubs need a primary school nearby in order to enable the club to continually top-up their junior
ranks.
If ancc are to move to that area, I'd advise them to look very carefully at the new club room design. Councils have a habit of short changeing clubs,especially when it comes to an area that is large enough to hold a decent size function. Even new change rooms are shrinking.

I'd suggest the AfL would be making a contribution towards the new facility that ANCC may move to, in which case ANCC would need to find out the amount so as they are not short changed by council.

Well thats good to see. Junior clubs need a primary school nearby in order to enable the club to continually top-up their junior
ranks.
If ancc are to move to that area, I'd advise them to look very carefully at the new club room design. Councils have a habit of short changeing clubs,especially when it comes to an area that is large enough to hold a decent size function. Even new change rooms are shrinking.

I'd suggest the AfL would be making a contribution towards the new facility that ANCC may move to, in which case ANCC would need to find out the amount so as they are not short changed by council.

They are not moving

Back