2010 / 11 general chat.

Have no problem with YCCC - they are the benchmark of the comp. That being said, if they think they are too good for T20 cricket they are in for a shock as it is a rapidly growing segment and is here to stay. You can get on board or be left behind!

Mr Warrigul , firstly would you please be able to tell me if you are the father or the husband. Secondly yes i did play for them and they were apart of the 25 clubs that i had an interview with this year . I will never be back to yccc because i cop to much crap down there. Northclubs you poor thing the club will not waste its time with t20 , nor should i waste my time with you . good day

which club has the highest wage bill in the Senior Division?

I would suggest YC followed closely by AWC at close to $50k per season. No coincidence that they are also the two strongest teams and good luck to them. They are two very well run cricket clubs that are the envy of all of us.

Guys,
'On the South AB stream we all seem to agree that the current lack of rules in 1 day games is deplorable. No bowling restriction, no fielding restrictions, unclear definition of wides......etc.
Can't we lobby the VTCA to sort this out....crap cricket dominated by a couple of players....and seeing we are playing so much of it this season....its time to get it right or find a new comp!!!

VTCA needs to take these criticisms on board,
Point # 1 : .
I feel there is far too little cricket ATM, VTCA need to implement the district style 100 over cricket starting at 12 O'clock making it 50 over each one dayers. This way despite possible washouts you still get the opportunity to play each team at least once.

Point # 2:
Either get rid of these T20's or structure these games with purpose, these games are regarded as mediocre by 99% of the club hence playing juniors. Personally enjoy this concept however VTCA need to find a way to make these games relevant, possibly make them for points affecting the normal ladder.

I feel there is far too little cricket ATM, VTCA need to implement the district style 100 over cricket starting at 12 O'clock making it 50 over each one dayers. This way despite possible washouts you still get the opportunity to play each team at least once.

Point # 2:
Either get rid of these T20's or structure these games with purpose, these games are regarded as mediocre by 99% of the club hence playing juniors. Personally enjoy this concept however VTCA need to find a way to make these games relevant, possibly make them for points affecting the normal ladder.

I agree some of the rules need to be changed but changing the amount of overs to 100 is not the way to go.
80 overs is the right amount but it just needs some rules being tweaked

Even make it a one day comp with, just too little cricket on atm.
The days of 80 over cricket is over, its ridiculous in local cricket...with blatant cheating going on with doctored wickets etc.

Plus side also is that it will definitely get more juniors involved as well as the next generation that choose not play senior cricket purely cos of the full 2wk commitment.
This is the 21 st century, there is far too many things happening on the average Saturday and its naive to think this upcoming generation will opt to play cricket on a Saturday instead of going to the races, going to a music fest or go soak up some sun etc.

Amongst the under 25yr olds the % that will actually play for love of the game is a dieing bread,
If your not getting paid to play you just ain;t going to bother...

Even make it a one day comp with, just too little cricket on atm.
The days of 80 over cricket is over, its ridiculous in local cricket...with blatant cheating going on with doctored wickets etc.

Plus side also is that it will definitely get more juniors involved as well as the next generation that choose not play senior cricket purely cos of the full 2wk commitment.
This is the 21 st century, there is far too many things happening on the average Saturday and its naive to think this upcoming generation will opt to play cricket on a Saturday instead of going to the races, going to a music fest or go soak up some sun etc.

Amongst the under 25yr olds the % that will actually play for love of the game is a dieing bread,
If your not getting paid to play you just ain;t going to bother...

Why should anyne bother turning up

The numbers will inevitably will drop and it shows when you look at numbers at junior levels...Why would people, if they don;t enjoy it...and do we not want the best talent available to play.

As sad as I think it is, there will be a move to shorter games. Guys just dont/ wont/cant commit to the 2 day stuff like they used to. It is a pain in the a*se when doing selection, but I cant see it improving anytime soon unless they have to commit to just the one week at a time. Or maybe they just dont like playing with me!!!!!

I am and have always been a backer for 1 day cricket in the VTCA ever since i joined the comp 10 years ago.Many reasons why, as above have mentioned to keep people interested is a good point.Also how many games over the years have had play 1 weekend and the other washed out...melb weather too unpredictable week to week.There have also been some laughable games i have played in when 2nd week pitches have been a joke (my club as well).

I am and have always been a backer for 1 day cricket in the VTCA ever since i joined the comp 10 years ago.Many reasons why, as above have mentioned to keep people interested is a good point.Also how many games over the years have had play 1 weekend and the other washed out...melb weather too unpredictable week to week.There have also been some laughable games i have played in when 2nd week pitches have been a joke (my club as well).

Agreed!!! One dayers are the go at club level... 18x 45over games (12 overs max per bowler, fielding circle) 10 team comp play everyone home and away result each week, season can start a week later and have a spare weekend for catch ups after xmas. Top 4, semi final and then 3 match grand final series. But like that would ever happen :(

Agreed!!! One dayers are the go at club level... 18x 45over games (12 overs max per bowler, fielding circle) 10 team comp play everyone home and away result each week, season can start a week later and have a spare weekend for catch ups after xmas. Top 4, semi final and then 3 match grand final series. But like that would ever happen :(

There wasn't enough sides to form a one day comp for the last 2 years which make your comments ridiculous

Point # 2:

Point 1. You are an idiot. You start at 12 and you lose many players as your seconds, thirds, maybe firsts have juniors in them. Also you would have first players helping to coach the kids and they would have no chance of getting to 12pm start. It is hard enough getting there by 12:30pm.

Point 2. Your are an idiot. T20 is optional by all clubs so if you don't like it, don't play it. Simple.

Next you will suggesting playing on wednesdays and give up a day of work.

Yes it sucks we are not playing cricket but what can you do? Just take it on the chin and improve your poker game.

Point 1. You are an idiot. You start at 12 and you lose many players as your seconds, thirds, maybe firsts have juniors in them. Also you would have first players helping to coach the kids and they would have no chance of getting to 12pm start. It is hard enough getting there by 12:30pm.

Point 2. Your are an idiot. T20 is optional by all clubs so if you don't like it, don't play it. Simple.

Next you will suggesting playing on wednesdays and give up a day of work.

Yes it sucks we are not playing cricket but what can you do? Just take it on the chin and improve your poker game.

well said

They need to bring in bowling restrictions. Couldn't care less about fielding restrictions. I say field wherever you want. But it's ridiculous having some bowlers bowl 20 overs straight in a one dayer. Leg-side wides must be brought in. Too easy for bowlers to bowl down leg for no runs. Whilst on that, they need to be more strict on the off-side wides. Have those inside markers (whatever they're called) just like all other one day comps do.
Compulsory coloured clothing for one day games involving 1st eleven teams, time to get a bit more professional vtca; obviously using a coloured ball (white that is...not pink).
Base the main points on wins and losses and use the current points system as a way to only separate the teams that are even. It's unfair to have teams playing on smaller grounds scoring more runs. At least have it as a secondary scoring system which favour the teams that want to continue playing even if the game is over.

Back