2010 / 11 general chat.

They need to bring in bowling restrictions. Couldn't care less about fielding restrictions. I say field wherever you want. But it's ridiculous having some bowlers bowl 20 overs straight in a one dayer. Leg-side wides must be brought in. Too easy for bowlers to bowl down leg for no runs. Whilst on that, they need to be more strict on the off-side wides. Have those inside markers (whatever they're called) just like all other one day comps do.
Compulsory coloured clothing for one day games involving 1st eleven teams, time to get a bit more professional vtca; obviously using a coloured ball (white that is...not pink).
Base the main points on wins and losses and use the current points system as a way to only separate the teams that are even. It's unfair to have teams playing on smaller grounds scoring more runs. At least have it as a secondary scoring system which favour the teams that want to continue playing even if the game is over.

Great post

Point 1. You are an idiot. You start at 12 and you lose many players as your seconds, thirds, maybe firsts have juniors in them. Also you would have first players helping to coach the kids and they would have no chance of getting to 12pm start. It is hard enough getting there by 12:30pm.

Point 2. Your are an idiot. T20 is optional by all clubs so if you don't like it, don't play it. Simple.

Next you will suggesting playing on wednesdays and give up a day of work.

Yes it sucks we are not playing cricket but what can you do? Just take it on the chin and improve your poker game.

StAndrewsman, you amaze me. Saves me having to respond to inane protistations of the insane. Good work.

They need to bring in bowling restrictions. Couldn't care less about fielding restrictions. I say field wherever you want. But it's ridiculous having some bowlers bowl 20 overs straight in a one dayer. Leg-side wides must be brought in. Too easy for bowlers to bowl down leg for no runs. Whilst on that, they need to be more strict on the off-side wides. Have those inside markers (whatever they're called) just like all other one day comps do.
Compulsory coloured clothing for one day games involving 1st eleven teams, time to get a bit more professional vtca; obviously using a coloured ball (white that is...not pink).
Base the main points on wins and losses and use the current points system as a way to only separate the teams that are even. It's unfair to have teams playing on smaller grounds scoring more runs. At least have it as a secondary scoring system which favour the teams that want to continue playing even if the game is over.

Back in your box sunshine. It's not a 1-day comp. It's a 1-day game in lieu of a 2-day game due to weather interuptions or tight fixture arrangements. These sort of comments seem to remind me of a poem that went something like this. "There heads were flat, there eyes were dull, they had no brains at all.

If you have bolwers that can do it, let them bowl 20 in a row. Fielding restrictions. You can come down to our ground and paint your lines or whatever, we ain't doing it. While you are at it, can you purchase 20 sets of coloured clothing for us, we aren't buying them.

I think it is high time you get picked for Australia again because your ideas are stupid. If you don't like the way the comp is run, pick your team up and get lost. Or get on the board of the VTCA. I don't care which just don't post idiotic things on here.

Can't wait for you to post that we should all turn up in suits before each game or have our own private bus drive us to every away game. Idiot

Agreed!!! One dayers are the go at club level... 18x 45over games (12 overs max per bowler, fielding circle) 10 team comp play everyone home and away result each week, season can start a week later and have a spare weekend for catch ups after xmas. Top 4, semi final and then 3 match grand final series. But like that would ever happen :(

You'll end up with a gang of 6or 7 fools who will play together for a couple of years, then leave. As often happens in the V.T.C.A. Sunday 1-day comp on turf. Clubs need to encourage cricket purists and get rid of the "USER" cricket one week, Races the next and surf coast the next.

If you have bolwers that can do it, let them bowl 20 in a row. Fielding restrictions. You can come down to our ground and paint your lines or whatever, we ain't doing it. While you are at it, can you purchase 20 sets of coloured clothing for us, we aren't buying them.

I think it is high time you get picked for Australia again because your ideas are stupid. If you don't like the way the comp is run, pick your team up and get lost. Or get on the board of the VTCA. I don't care which just don't post idiotic things on here.

Can't wait for you to post that we should all turn up in suits before each game or have our own private bus drive us to every away game. Idiot
I believe there should be a balance between bat and ball, that's all. It's pretty ridiculous having as many as 9 batsman in a team. It's got nothing to do with the physical side of bowling 20 overs, not that it's hard. :p
Where did I ever mention proposing fielding restrictions? Quite the opposite actually, I'm happy there isn't any.
Fair point on coloured clothing, i actually retract my comment on that, i guess some people including me correlate coloured clothing as being more professional when really it isn't. But I'd still like to see the vtca use the white ball for one dayers. Maybe just a coloured shirt?
I like how the comp is run, but I'm offering suggestions to make it better, it's no way near perfect. I'm not the person to run on the board, that's for sure.

Back in your box sunshine. It's not a 1-day comp. It's a 1-day game in lieu of a 2-day game due to weather interuptions or tight fixture arrangements. These sort of comments seem to remind me of a poem that went something like this. "There heads were flat, there eyes were dull, they had no brains at all.
Did I ever say it was a one day comp?

There wasn't enough sides to form a one day comp for the last 2 years which make your comments ridiculous

What do you mean "form a one-day comp"? Play with the fifths on Sunday? If the competition offered the clubs a decent competitive grade, which is what the majority of comments on this topic are advocating, then the clubs would support it. The restrictions touted offer a chance for all players to participate. I like the idea of 50 overs with early start times in October before longer days/daylight savings kicks in. 50 overs with NRR and wickets lost taking over from bonus points. Base the rules on the old "World Cup" ODI rules.

What do you mean "form a one-day comp"? Play with the fifths on Sunday? If the competition offered the clubs a decent competitive grade, which is what the majority of comments on this topic are advocating, then the clubs would support it. The restrictions touted offer a chance for all players to participate. I like the idea of 50 overs with early start times in October before longer days/daylight savings kicks in. 50 overs with NRR and wickets lost taking over from bonus points. Base the rules on the old "World Cup" ODI rules.

Saturday one-dayers

As sad as I think it is, there will be a move to shorter games. Guys just dont/ wont/cant commit to the 2 day stuff like they used to. It is a pain in the a*se when doing selection, but I cant see it improving anytime soon unless they have to commit to just the one week at a time. Or maybe they just dont like playing with me!!!!!

My point exactly....i love playing 2 dayers as the next person but i rather play with the best competition out there.
You might even get some spouses to come down and watch cos there is going to be a result at the end of the day with some entertainment.

Great posts all round, i noticed last season cricket victoria put a survey out to everyone in premier cricket wether it was a social member, board member, player etc. to really find out wat people wanted and structured this season on those results.. I would like to see the vtca try a similar thing and settle all of this..

I believe there should be a balance between bat and ball, that's all. It's pretty ridiculous having as many as 9 batsman in a team. It's got nothing to do with the physical side of bowling 20 overs, not that it's hard. :p
Where did I ever mention proposing fielding restrictions? Quite the opposite actually, I'm happy there isn't any.
Fair point on coloured clothing, i actually retract my comment on that, i guess some people including me correlate coloured clothing as being more professional when really it isn't. But I'd still like to see the vtca use the white ball for one dayers. Maybe just a coloured shirt?
I like how the comp is run, but I'm offering suggestions to make it better, it's no way near perfect. I'm not the person to run on the board, that's for sure.

sorry mate, was on a tirade and didn't read your comments properly. I think I read some one else's too and merged the 2 views. Again it is hard enough to get people to pay the money needed to play, as well as social shirts, to go and make us pay 50 or so more dollars to play one dayers, id rather sit on the sidelines. Cricket is becoming more expensive than football and my game can be over in one ball.

sorry mate, was on a tirade and didn't read your comments properly. I think I read some one else's too and merged the 2 views. Again it is hard enough to get people to pay the money needed to play, as well as social shirts, to go and make us pay 50 or so more dollars to play one dayers, id rather sit on the sidelines. Cricket is becoming more expensive than football and my game can be over in one ball.
It's true it is getting quite expensive these days. Membership fees, umpire fees, equipment, clothing, functions, food and drinks, petrol, it all adds up.

Did I ever say it was a one day comp?

You didn't have to, your post 323 indicated a 1-day comp.

Cricket Addict you are right , you should see how much it costs me on a saturday for food and drinks the ammount i eat . it sounds like everyone is getting a bit frustrated with the weather once again i have had three afternoon teas canceled on me this year its starting to take its toll . The question is why do the v.t.c.a not have the balls and cancel cricket after 3.30 on a saturday so everyone gets to enjoy the odd party pie or sausage roll maybe a mini hot dog topped off with a lovely scone with cream . I need the big questions answered can someone please help me . love rub

Cricket Addict you are right , you should see how much it costs me on a saturday for food and drinks the ammount i eat . it sounds like everyone is getting a bit frustrated with the weather once again i have had three afternoon teas canceled on me this year its starting to take its toll . The question is why do the v.t.c.a not have the balls and cancel cricket after 3.30 on a saturday so everyone gets to enjoy the odd party pie or sausage roll maybe a mini hot dog topped off with a lovely scone with cream . I need the big questions answered can someone please help me . love rub

you left out the pancakes Pies old son.

What about the roast lamb and pig(thats not my daughter either) you consume when you fill in for Warrigul.

Back