2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

ellabroz;401870 said:
It's amazing how much you know about PMCC Southern Sledge! Any chance of passing on any facts rather than rumour and innuendo fueled by jealousy stemming from you coming from Middle Park?

PMCC has been turned around in a relatively short time frame by a committed President and committee without resorting to the open chequebook like many in Senior Div. Perhaps some humility on your part wouldn't go astray?
Ella, i would get your facts right before you post rubbish like that. The fact is there is a story in this weeks Leader newspaper about your new recruits, now some on here would not read that so i'm just passing on imformation about the comp. James McKay has told Keilor he is going to Port, anything wrong with telling people that ? fact , Port were on the points limit last year against Bentleigh and had to play a player from the lower grades. Fact i am not from Middle Park, end of story !

If port did have an 'open cheque policy' they would've snapped up a genuine cricketer in Troy 'high price tag' Ryan instead of a useful senior 2's player. case closed! Or is it?

weapons05/06;401836 said:
they will/would win the flag in b1 by the length of the monash fwy.....

Weapons, call me sad, but I have read your posts over the last few seasons on a variety of different Big Cricket blogs. I would like to know, in your vast cricket experience, what gives you the knowledge to make such outlandish statements as "by the length of the Monash"? I too have seen Lavo play in the finals last year. While I have not seen any B1 games over the last 2 seasons, for you to make this assumption would surely mean you have seen Nth B1 finals?

Too Old Body Broke;401895 said:
Weapons, call me sad, but I have read your posts over the last few seasons on a variety of different Big Cricket blogs. I would like to know, in your vast cricket experience, what gives you the knowledge to make such outlandish statements as "by the length of the Monash"? I too have seen Lavo play in the finals last year. While I have not seen any B1 games over the last 2 seasons, for you to make this assumption would surely mean you have seen Nth B1 finals?

hahaha good to know......ive played nth b1 and left halfway through the year to go back to willy...and b1 was to me bottom half of the subbies 2nds.....yes im playing b-mats at the moment(replying to the other fool)...in b1 when i played the team i played with won the flag in b1 with only losing 1 game and comming from wdca a-turf......like taylors lakes laverton are a very strong and proud club......i have eaten my words before but ill go out and say if they start b1 they will win it david campese.....i know lavo didnt win the semi last year but lets be honest they should have been in the grand final......yes ive seen nth b1 finals back when albion(my jnr club) won it......and id like to think my club would be in the top 4 in b1 and we are playing b-turf.....

OnTheLookout;401875 said:
I know nothing about Laverton, but if they arent better than Taylors Lakes they wont be top 4 in North A.... Taylors Lakes were a good bunch of blokes, but even after recruiting a genuine top liner in Jones , were still never in contention for the 4....

Seems harsh on teams battling for spot in NA1 that Laverton could waltz in without really earning it on passed form (relying again on previous posts here)...

I'd be upset if my club had just been relegated, or just missed promotion and these guys came in,,,

on the look out.......gee whizz.......lakes come from a comp who played on the mats......they did alright and would be better for the run come next year.....

Gentlemen it's sad we are talking about where Laverton should enter the VTCA!
It's my belief all clubs should start at the bottom and work their way up
and that should be the ambition for of all clubs!!
No free rides !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My club started in North B and now we play Senior Division all done thru hard work

If i am not mistaken Willy CYs started in Nth B1 and worked there way to Senior Division in 4 years. (Honest & Solid way)
I also believe prior to that that they played in 3 Grand finals in the willy comp.
Not really sure what Laverton have done to deserve preferential treatment based on a few peoples uneducated opinions.
I know Taylors Lakes had some heavy hitting recruits and they only finished mid table woopee doo.
Start at the bottom and if your good enough work your way up like anything in this world.
If Laverton is too good, then the B1 premiership flag wouldn't look bad hanging up in their clubroom now would it.

Good Luck to Laverton good strong club and great facilities.
Smart move guys....

weapons05/06;401904 said:
on the look out.......gee whizz.......lakes come from a comp who played on the mats......they did alright and would be better for the run come next year.....

Wasnt bagging them mate, the probably went better than most expected... just never really threatened the 4 is all (the Werribee debacle didnt help either club only getting 3 pts each)..... Competitve mid table in their first year isnt a bad effort... my point was if LAverton arent better than them, they wont be making the 4 either !!!!

Certainly not trying to sledge either club.

weapons05/06;401902 said:
hahaha good to know......ive played nth b1 and left halfway through the year to go back to willy...and b1 was to me bottom half of the subbies 2nds.....yes im playing b-mats at the moment(replying to the other fool)...in b1 when i played the team i played with won the flag in b1 with only losing 1 game and comming from wdca a-turf......like taylors lakes laverton are a very strong and proud club......i have eaten my words before but ill go out and say if they start b1 they will win it david campese.....i know lavo didnt win the semi last year but lets be honest they should have been in the grand final......yes ive seen nth b1 finals back when albion(my jnr club) won it......and id like to think my club would be in the top 4 in b1 and we are playing b-turf.....

Geez i sure am glad i've got you to do my thinking for me Weapons...pretty sure it was you that made the statement that Lavo will win the B1 flag by the legnth of the Monash! i know a great way to test your theory about how well you would do in B1....you could play a praccy match against one of the clubs currently playing B1, say the Roosters? by the way there is no shame in playing the lower grades that's where us old cricketers go to die...

BigCoq;401923 said:
If i am not mistaken Willy CYs started in Nth B1 and worked there way to Senior Division in 4 years. (Honest & Solid way)
I also believe prior to that that they played in 3 Grand finals in the willy comp.
Not really sure what Laverton have done to deserve preferential treatment based on a few peoples uneducated opinions.
I know Taylors Lakes had some heavy hitting recruits and they only finished mid table woopee doo.
Start at the bottom and if your good enough work your way up like anything in this world.
If Laverton is too good, then the B1 premiership flag wouldn't look bad hanging up in their clubroom now would it.

Good Luck to Laverton good strong club and great facilities.
Smart move guys....

Willy Cy's, Werribee Centrals & West Newport all came from WDCA to VTCA and won the Nth B1 flag very quickly. I can see Laverton doing the same (minimum achievement for them would be semi-finals) but I don't like seeing clubs skipping B1 either. Aberfeldie will be up there again you'd assume and the chasing pack would all be looking to strengthen, could be an open division.

roosters hack;401925 said:
Geez i sure am glad i've got you to do my thinking for me Weapons...pretty sure it was you that made the statement that Lavo will win the B1 flag by the legnth of the Monash! i know a great way to test your theory about how well you would do in B1....you could play a praccy match against one of the clubs currently playing B1, say the Roosters? by the way there is no shame in playing the lower grades that's where us old cricketers go to die...

bring it on.....my/our pre season scudual has been handed out to players already and we start mid august.....mid september/late september would be perferable.....we had a praccy last season against blackwood up their and they have accepted the invitation(well i think they have)hahaha for a return leg on turf at our ground......your more than welcome to come and have a dip on our new turf set up weather depending obviously.....b1 shmee1 all teams are beatable.....

and no nothing against you guys for being in b1.....or us being in b-turf we are on the up and buliding the club to be a strong club not just 1's and 2's but from the 11's all the way to the 1's......and having an easy progression from jnr's to snrs....and if im involved we are going to start from the bottom up......

so if your interested in getting it on......pm me.....

cheers dowwwg

CheeQuee;401930 said:
Willy Cy's, Werribee Centrals & West Newport all came from WDCA to VTCA and won the Nth B1 flag very quickly. I can see Laverton doing the same (minimum achievement for them would be semi-finals) but I don't like seeing clubs skipping B1 either. Aberfeldie will be up there again you'd assume and the chasing pack would all be looking to strengthen, could be an open division.

gee whizz......your a mind reader......good minds think alike;)

OnTheLookout;401924 said:
Wasnt bagging them mate, the probably went better than most expected... just never really threatened the 4 is all (the Werribee debacle didnt help either club only getting 3 pts each)..... Competitve mid table in their first year isnt a bad effort... my point was if LAverton arent better than them, they wont be making the 4 either !!!!

Certainly not trying to sledge either club.

hahaha all good brother.....who cares if you say the wrong thing.....they'll suck it up.....;)

Suggestion is that the VTCA plan to hold a reserve day prior to Christmas for the 1st XI only, in case a wash out occurs prior to the XMas brake. The reserve day is scheduled for Sunday the 19th of December (the Sunday after the last Saturday before the brake). Does the VTCA not realise that many a Club have a social function on the Saturday night before? Was any Club consulted about this? Am sure we are not the only Club that plans a social night before the Christmas brake. Anyone else see a problem with this or I am the only one?

Biggest night of the year at our club, although some of the boys may still be there Sunday after 'sleeping over'.
Just as big an issue is trying to get the ground ready Sunday with 100+ kids waiting for Santa to arrive.

We will be fine if it is applicable to us, as long as we are at home, usually our break ups dont finish until the late afternoon Sunday anyway. Only conditions is that noone is allowed to check the blood alcohol level of anyone, and a runner can be called if the batsman cannot stand of his own free will.

The other question I have regarding this reserve day, is what if (in the unlikely event) two rounds prior to Christmas are completely washed out - which of the rounds will be played on the reserve day? I know this is unlikely, but who would have though we would have had that rain in the semis?? Could happen!!!

Lastly, why even have a reserve day? If the round is washed out, isn't everyone on the same level?

lifemember;402330 said:
The other question I have regarding this reserve day, is what if (in the unlikely event) two rounds prior to Christmas are completely washed out - which of the rounds will be played on the reserve day? I know this is unlikely, but who would have though we would have had that rain in the semis?? Could happen!!!

Lastly, why even have a reserve day? If the round is washed out, isn't everyone on the same level?

Well technically ur even, what if you are playing a bottom team tho.. and u only get split points where as another team will get to play them on another weekend and get maximum points

A1B2C3D4;402355 said:
Well technically ur even, what if you are playing a bottom team tho.. and u only get split points where as another team will get to play them on another weekend and get maximum points

I think we should commend the vtca for at least trying to make sure we get 11 rounds in. I am not sure there is a perfect answer to all of the points raised above. But at least by having a reserve day, if a round is washed out before xmas, this gives all teams a chance to play everyone once. You could raise the "vs a weak team in a 1 dayer" argument about the 2 x 1 dayers after xmas?? I am not sure if the Sunday after break up is such a good idea? Why not, dare I say it, Melb cup day? Schedule tea when the big one is on. The rest of the fields on cup day are cats.....

Back