2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

AB 5 Star;405304 said:
Love your enthusiasm, however I'm not sure when proper use of the English language became pretentious.

Play on.

Cheers m8 moving on or would that be moving forward...:)

was the decision on who was moving up the grades with the withdrawel of PARKVILLE last night ?

if so does anyone know who's moving up to Nth & Nth A

Was there a vote last night on who is going up to North Division & North A.

Who applied to go up in each division - hope Craigieburn didn't what a prick of a away game that is. (Sorry Craigieburn people)

what does anyone think of the VTCA offering a prize to the premiers (other than promotion)? I see they have over $100,000 of Clubs money in their coffers so perhaps free affiliation for premiers in the following season or even free balls? Dare I suggest maybe even a cash bonus???

And speaking of money, can anyone tell me why they need all that money (that belongs to clubs). Sure, keep some money for a rainy day, but if their income covers expenses, why the need for a $107,000 bank balance?

Perhaps the will get generous and buy balls for all the clubs one year!

lifemember;405693 said:
what does anyone think of the VTCA offering a prize to the premiers (other than promotion)? I see they have over $100,000 of Clubs money in their coffers so perhaps free affiliation for premiers in the following season or even free balls? Dare I suggest maybe even a cash bonus???

And speaking of money, can anyone tell me why they need all that money (that belongs to clubs). Sure, keep some money for a rainy day, but if their income covers expenses, why the need for a $107,000 bank balance?

Highly doubt they have $107k in the bank? If you are referring to the annual report I believe the figures are a typo. Where have you seen these figures out of interest?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;405711 said:
Highly doubt they have $107k in the bank? If you are referring to the annual report I believe the figures are a typo. Where have you seen these figures out of interest?

Their annual report is posted on their website. Shows a closing "cash at bank" balance of $107,690 and does not include the $10,883 owed to the VTCA by Clubs (outstanding fines etc).

The figures have been signed off by two members of the VTCA Exec as well as auditors so if its a typo, not sure why they would publish it??

lifemember;405713 said:
Their annual report is posted on their website. Shows a closing "cash at bank" balance of $107,690 and does not include the $10,883 owed to the VTCA by Clubs (outstanding fines etc).

The figures have been signed off by two members of the VTCA Exec as well as auditors so if its a typo, not sure why they would publish it??

Yep you're spot on - I guess the members, clubs, could pass a motion at the next general meeting to use the members equity, declared in the Financial Report, for specific items, such as ball or equipment purchases. As non-profit entity exempt from tax that equity is for the benefit of the clubs.

Seems funny when you consider the sum of the fines levied....

lifemember;405693 said:

yes i think they take to much money from struggling clubs like mine need to start spending it on more umps i rekon mayb a new bowling machine for y.c.c.c

After the chat on the merits of changing the bonus points system a few months ago, BDCC has proposed a rule change to bonus points for next season.

The submission will be heard next Wed night at the next VTCA meeting @ YCCC.

BDCC will be sending the below doc to all secretaries for each club to assess it's merits prior to the vote on Wed.

JIC this info doesn't get to you I've attached the submission and the rationale behind it.

I hope u have a chance to have at look at this far more logical way to use bonus points before wed night and encourage your club to support the changes for the upcoming season.

Any feedback welcome, except for Sledge's always inciteful "if u don't like it go play somewhere else"

Thanks

Proposal: That the bonus points system be modified to focus on the win/draw points as a first step, with the
bonus points being used as a tie-breaker where win/draw points are equal.

Rationale: The primary goal of players contesting a game of cricket is to win the game. As the primary
goal, this should be the first criterion of qualification for ladder position. We strongly that the bonus
points system does not always determine the best four teams to qualify for finals or the worst
performed teams to be relegated and is open to manipulation. Teams that play on larger grounds or
slower pitches are not on an equal footing to earn bonus points, effectively handing them a handicap to
ladder position when starting the season. Separating bonus points from match points would go some
way to diminishing the inequity that has cost a number of teams this season and in past seasons (please
see below summary table):

Season Grade, Team, Wins and win points earned, finish position

2009/10 South Division
MHSOB 6 wins & 40 win points. - 4th place
Brighton District 7 wins & 42 win points. -5th place

2009/10 North Division
Doutta 5 wins & 34 win points.- 4th place
Sunshine United 6 wins & 36 win points.- 5th place

2009/10 South C1
Mentone 7 wins & 46 win points.- 4th place
Port Melbourne 8 wins & 48 win points.-5th place

2009/10 Senior Division
Williamstown CYMS 3 wins & 18 win points.-10th place
Altona North 3 wins, 1 draw & 21 win points.-11th place (relegated)

2008/09 North B1
Craigieburn 6 wins, 2 draws & 46 win points.- 4th place
Jacana 7 wins, 1 draw & 49 win points.- 5th place

2008/09 South A2
Parkdale 5 wins, 1 draw & 37 win points.- 4th place
Middle Park 6 wins 2 draws & 46 win points. 5th place

2007/08 South A1
Murrumbeena 5 wins, 1 draw & 37 win points. -4th
Port Melbourne 6 wins, 1 draw & 39 win points.- 5th

While we understand bonus points have their place as a tie-breaker when win points are equal (as per Senior
Division in 2009/10 where South Caulfield finished equal with Old Essendon), we believe they should only be
used in this way – as a tie-breaker.

The VTCA have changed the draw to include 2 one-dayers at the end of the season rather than in the middle of the season. We assume this change has been made to reduce the possibility of teams contriving outright
results in the last round. While this is a positive step, we would argue it does not change the fact that win and draw points should be more important than bonus points, and we note that most of the above examples do not include an outright result in the final game of the season (meaning the change for this season does not change this inequitable result).

I like it BPMG. Bonus points system is terrible. It is not equal as stated for the above reasons & the VTCA should look at changing the points system.

Yes we are the only comp to do it which makes us unique, but 98% of us players when you have lost, you do not want to be out there for a meaningless 2nd Innings for the sake of a few measily points...

Thanks for putting the points across, I'll be feeding info to our committee with the recommendation that our delegate support your proposal

I support the alternative too....

I hate that a washed out game gives 3 pts to each team whilst others play, lose and still get more points than the 3 given to the non-playing teams.... (alternative thought - no play at all in game = average points for round to not penalise teams... the 3 is after all the avereage of 6 and 0 for win/loss)

Also, losing outright but slogging up a few extra runs is worth more points than only losing on first innings but saving the outright with a stiff rearguard in second innings!!! (alternative thought for future - if you lose outright, no bonus points be awarded for second innings)

Only the argument of ground usage has any merit in my mind re bonus points (I understand the need to keep councils happy) and believe this is also obtained by still maintaining the bonus point system as a tiebreaker.

Im with you BDCC (and therefore so are FUCC) for what its worth !!

Nice response so far lads, very encouraging. I think we all pretty much feel the same about a change to Bp's being needed. If u r not delegates at your club could I urge u to drop them a call or email to let them know what is coming on Wed & to vote 'yes,' ************ voting on Sat this is the one that matters hehe

I have let our delegate know.

Also, anyone see that the VTCA is approving coloured clothing in one day games? I like their thinking, however there is catch......you have to but it from Primary Edge or bad luck - including any old coloured clothing you have. Could it be the VTCA are getting a sweetener out of this? I can tell you for damm sure that CLubs are not!!

I have also heard on the vine that next year it might be mandatory for coloured one day clothing.

What I want to know is where the VTCA get off telling clubs where they have to buy their clothing???

There are plenty of other companies out there that do as good as job (and better) for a better price.

If the VTCA are worried about standisation (as they say) why not just get a design from the clubs and approve (or not) each one on their merits??

Just because Primary Edges' boss is on the board of Cricket Vic, apparently the VTCA reckon the company can dictate where clubs do their shopping.

Thoughts everyone???

lifemember;405844 said:
I have let our delegate know.

Also, anyone see that the VTCA is approving coloured clothing in one day games? I like their thinking, however there is catch......you have to but it from Primary Edge or bad luck - including any old coloured clothing you have. Could it be the VTCA are getting a sweetener out of this? I can tell you for damm sure that CLubs are not!!

I have also heard on the vine that next year it might be mandatory for coloured one day clothing.

What I want to know is where the VTCA get off telling clubs where they have to buy their clothing???

There are plenty of other companies out there that do as good as job (and better) for a better price.

If the VTCA are worried about standisation (as they say) why not just get a design from the clubs and approve (or not) each one on their merits??

Primary Edge reckon they are the suppliers to the Bushrangers, etc, but I can tell you that all they supply them is shorts and some other stuff - no playing gear! Just because Primary Edges' boss Mr Warner, is on the board of Cricket Vic, apparently the VTCA reckon the company can dictate where clubs do their shopping.

Thoughts everyone???

Im with you LM, the VTCA and Primary Edge have definitely got some dodgy dealings going on.
I will be advising my club to boycott Primary edge. This can not go ahead!!!
It is starting to feel like there are some people pocketing money personally!!!!

Maybe the VTCA are planning to shell out Primary Edge uniforms to all the clubs using the $100000 of our money they have tucked away!?
Thats the only way my club will be wearing that kit!!!
Oh but then again they force us to use a crap ball every season already!!!!:rolleyes:

why do you continue to use them shit balls instead of the kooka??? price????
there so bad

Back