2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

only the truth;409777 said:
I would suggest it would be in all clubs best interest that we don't play this weekend on under prepared wickets and start the season at round 2
Remember its a long season and we have reserve days ?
its not about playing just for the sake of playing its about quality in the best conditions available VTCA

In further i suggest we look at a one fixture in October which starts at the 3rd week and then go into the 2 day games as we know that we need time to get wickets up after football
It's disappointing to hear that these grounds aren't ready. I know that our deck is ready to go and it had football played on it, with the team that plays and trains on the ground making the ground final, it has had the least amount of time possible to be prepared. We do have our own curator, which we are lucky to be able to have. Just throwing up ideas. What's the chance of the councils actually getting onto the grounds as soon as football has finished, to ensure that no time is lost. Is there enough pressure being put on the councils to get the wickets up in time. Should the VTCA have a curator as a consultant, to give an idealistic time frame, as to how long it should take to get the wickets up in time. We only have 11 games a season. One of the fewer in alot of comps. Are we doing enough to ensure play starts on time. And as for the reserve day. Great that they have introduced it, but on the Sunday after most clubs xmas parties? Where is the common sense in that?

Subbies were called off yesterday morning and any rain today the VTCA would have to be in doubt as well . Some of these councils don't give a stuff about cricket.

If grounds are not ready, lets call it off now rather than wait until thursday/Friday. curators are out there now trying to get wickets up when quite clearly leaving it another week would be be very beneficial for all grounds. VTCA should follow the lead of the subbies, change the two day round 2 fixture into two one day games, therefor we would still be playing the same amount of games.

parkcricket;409966 said:
VTCA should follow the lead of the subbies, change the two day round 2 fixture into two one day games, therefor we would still be playing the same amount of games.

This.

Smartest thing they could do. But we all know that won't happen.

Massive downpour just hit the CBD.

Not sure if it reached the suburbs, but if any of the grounds did cop the rainfall the city just did, I would think this week may be called off.

Northern $uper$tars;409990 said:
Massive downpour just hit the CBD.

Not sure if it reached the suburbs, but if any of the grounds did cop the rainfall the city just did, I would think this week may be called off.

This week has been called off. On the VTCA website

parkcricket;409966 said:
If grounds are not ready, lets call it off now rather than wait until thursday/Friday. curators are out there now trying to get wickets up when quite clearly leaving it another week would be be very beneficial for all grounds. VTCA should follow the lead of the subbies, change the two day round 2 fixture into two one day games, therefor we would still be playing the same amount of games.
It won't work to have 2 one-dayers, 1st X1's won't miss a game as they will have the catch up. Maybe some break ups can be on the Sunday.

southern sledge;410007 said:
It won't work to have 2 one-dayers, 1st X1's won't miss a game as they will have the catch up. Maybe some break ups can be on the Sunday.

I'm pretty sure most clubs won't move their club function because of the reserve day.Just could be a high percentage of extreamly hungover blokes hoping for rain!

How can the VTCA seriously consider itself superior to the Subbies? When the Subbies called the cricket off early last weekend to refixture the first two rounds into one-dayers it was brilliant administration. Then two days later the VTCA calls the cricket off and refuse to refixture because it's all too hard. Who's running the VTCA? A bunch of peanuts.

It's amazing how much you know about PMCC Southern Sledge! Any chance of passing on any facts rather than rumour and innuendo fueled by jealousy stemming from you coming from Middle Park?

PMCC has been turned around in a relatively short time frame by a committed President and committee without resorting to the open chequebook like many in Senior Div. Perhaps some humility on your part wouldn't go astray?

THE PRESIDENTS OF PMCC SOLVES EVERYTHING WITH MONEY... $100K IN THE 2008 AND $70K IN THE 2009 SEASONS WITHOUT ANY REWARD.. SHOULD HAVE GOT ANDREWS SYMSONDS FOR THAT TYPE OF COIN!! THE GUY IS A FOOL..

How can the VTCA seriously consider itself superior to the Subbies? When the Subbies called the cricket off early last weekend to refixture the first two rounds into one-dayers it was brilliant administration. Then two days later the VTCA calls the cricket off and refuse to refixture because it's all too hard. Who's running the VTCA? A bunch of peanuts.

You'll have to help me out with your rational here Cash Man:
With Round 1 washed out the VTCA rescheduled Round 1 to a 1day game on the reserve day, leaving Round 2 to be played as a 2 day game. - No games lost. - if this weekend is washed out 1 dayer will be played next week - No games lost.
With the subbies re draw, if this weekend is washed out a fixtured game is lost. ??
In relation to calling last weekend off, the VTCA sent out a text message on Monday morning asking all 70 Clubs to respond by am Wednesday on ground availability, we received a message back at lunchtime saying based on the Club answers that the round was off. Common sence approach getting feed back from all clubs before making a decision I would have thought.

You'll have to help me out with your rational here Cash Man:
With Round 1 washed out the VTCA rescheduled Round 1 to a 1day game on the reserve day, leaving Round 2 to be played as a 2 day game. - No games lost. - if this weekend is washed out 1 dayer will be played next week - No games lost.
With the subbies re draw, if this weekend is washed out a fixtured game is lost. ??
In relation to calling last weekend off, the VTCA sent out a text message on Monday morning asking all 70 Clubs to respond by am Wednesday on ground availability, we received a message back at lunchtime saying based on the Club answers that the round was off. Common sence approach getting feed back from all clubs before making a decision I would have thought.

No problems with last weekend being cancelled but there's no mention of a Reserve Day on the email sent around last Wednesday and no mention of it on the website or in the fixtures. Great if there is a Reserve Day I'm sure the majority of players would much prefer the Subbies solution to playing on a Sunday in late December!

Hello Everyone , this is actually dean pacholli here and i want to say a few things . The first is im sick and tired of everyone one here bagging me for no good reason who ever yccc is and bronca and all you others from yarraville club who will bag me on here and not come and say anything to my face you guys are weak and soft . secondly yes its true i spoke to plenty of clubs around but who says i cant spread all my knowlage to everyone . All i want to do is get a head in life and i have you people bringing me down for no good reason ( i just wonder if your jealous of my cricketing past ) . To sum up i just want only good things writen about me on here nothing bad were all mates .

Not much mentioned on here about recent signings/overseas. Sure a few bowlers happy Hildreth didn't end up coming over on the back of 9 county hundreds.Although Turner will do well.
Kelly to Airport will strengthen.Not sure if any other overseas worth a mention?

Tim Linley (Old Essendon) had a decent season for Surrey Firsts taking a couple of bags. Very highly rated by Senior Division batsmen...

THE PRESIDENTS OF PMCC SOLVES EVERYTHING WITH MONEY... $100K IN THE 2008 AND $70K IN THE 2009 SEASONS WITHOUT ANY REWARD.. SHOULD HAVE GOT ANDREWS SYMSONDS FOR THAT TYPE OF COIN!! THE GUY IS A FOOL..

Shane Shane Shane talking out your bot bot yet again. Only twats like me pay any attention to your dribble so how about you man up, get on with your life and stop talking smack about a club that got rid of you. I know you dont have any friends left there but your just making yourself look petty and stupid with all your posts about Port, get over it!

Back