2012/2013 Premiership And Medal Winner - Tipping Comp

Tongs

Well we are at the pointy end of the season, and are down to the top 8 teams in the DVCA with plenty more cricket and surprises to come. So I thought I would start up a tipping comp across the top two grades. A total of 10 points available.

Barclay Shield
Can Diamond Creek and Bundoora avenge last year’s final’s losses? Or will it be the biggest surprise packets in Macleod or the flying Plenty to spoil the show?
Will Smale go back to back with the medal after another strong year with the bat?

Diamond Creek vs Macleod: (1 Point)
Bundoora vs Plenty: (1 Point)
Medal Winner: (1 Point)
Grand Final Winner: (1 Point)
Best on Ground in GF: (1 Point)

Money Shield
Can Monty or G'borough get through to the GF after missing out last year? Or will the new boys from Rosanna spoil the show? Or will Hurstbridge jump 2 grades in 2 years?
Will Motschall win yet another medal?

Rosanna vs Montmorency: (1 Point)
Hurstbridge vs G'borough: (1 Point)
Medal Winner: (1 Point)
Grand Final Winner: (1 Point)
Best on Ground in GF: (1 Point)

Barclay ShieldDiamond Creek vs Macleod: Diamond Creek
Bundoora vs Plenty: Bundoora
Medal Winner: Perera (Camrea)
Grand Final Winner: Diamond Creek
Best on Ground in GF: Rogneda (Diamond Creek)

Money Shield
Rosanna vs Montmorency: Rosanna
Hurstbridge vs G'borough: G'borough
Medal Winner: Motschall (Panton Hill) tied with Perera (Bundoora United)
Grand Final Winner: Rosanna
Best on Ground in GF: Dunbar (Rosanna)

Bundoora are going to go from losing outright last week, to beating Plenty this week ?
There would need to be same major changes for this to happen.

Bundoora are going to go from losing outright last week, to beating Plenty this week ?
There would need to be same major changes for this to happen.

I could pull you up on you selecting MacLeod to win the flag from 4th ;)

Bundoora before last week, had lost 1 game. They were flying, then they had a mare. I will back them to come back twice as hard this week.

That, and I put them in as I wanted a bit of value in my multibet.

I could pull you up on you selecting MacLeod to win the flag from 4th ;)

Bundoora before last week, had lost 1 game. They were flying, then they had a mare. I will back them to come back twice as hard this week.

That, and I put them in as I wanted a bit of value in my multibet.

Mate, you know that I will always pick Macleod rain hail or shine - 25 years at the club will do that to some people.
On Bundoora, Wynhum to come in will strengthen their batting, but going into a final with that loss last week will play on a few minds.

Mate, you know that I will always pick Macleod rain hail or shine - 25 years at the club will do that to some people.
On Bundoora, Wynhum to come in will strengthen their batting, but going into a final with that loss last week will play on a few minds.

I know, I know. I would never ever tip against Eltham either.

You're right, a game like that really does play on a players mind. Likewise for the Plenty boys. Will they get complacent, knowing how easily they did it last week? Finals is a completely different game. I have no doubt both sides will wipe last week from their memories...

Diamo v Macleod - Diamo
Bundoora v Plenty - Plenty
Medal Winner - Pererra (camera)
GF Winner - Diamo
BOG - Dale Campbell - Diamo (best bowler in the valley)

Rosanna v Mont - Rosanna
Hurstbridge v Greensy - HB
Medal Winner - Pererra (Hurstbridge)
GF Winner - Rosanna
BOG - Pererra - HB

Diamo v Macleod - Diamo
Bundoora v Plenty - Plenty
Medal Winner - Pererra (camera)
GF Winner - Diamo
BOG - Dale Campbell - Diamo (best bowler in the valley)

Rosanna v Mont - Rosanna
Hurstbridge v Greensy - HB
Medal Winner - Pererra (Hurstbridge)
GF Winner - Rosanna
BOG - Pererra - HB

So you're saying Perera (hurstbridge) is the Nathan Buckley of the DVCA? Leaves a club, gets more money, plays in a GF, loses, but gets best on?

Big call, but I like it!

Just that his probably with his namesake at bundoora utd the premier bowler or even all rounder in money shield no disrespect to big motchy of course, and a bag of 6 or 7 wickets might just get the nod. I could be wrong but this might be his 3rd or 4th season at Hurstbridge? Em 25 confirm?

Just that his probably with his namesake at bundoora utd the premier bowler or even all rounder in money shield no disrespect to big motchy of course, and a bag of 6 or 7 wickets might just get the nod. I could be wrong but this might be his 3rd or 4th season at Hurstbridge? Em 25 confirm?
Yeah third year mate, played our last season in Barclay, then became a father so stayed home for a few years, came back last year in B grade and now Money Shield and brought his cousin, big Malin Silva with him, so seen it all........won't be far of life membership at this rate.

The Ladder after Round 1

Beerbandit 3 points
Serg Fernandez: 3 points
Tongs: 3 Points
Righ Arm Trundler: 2 Points

Back