2012/2013 Premiership And Medal Winner - Tipping Comp

What I mean is more dangerous as match winners. Most sides can play panton hill and think even if motschy makes 70 we should win. Or if rick gets 4/5 wickets we can still get a big total. In a better side Glenn's contributions would win more matches, that's what I mean by more dangerous, not necessarily that they'd play better cricket.

What I mean is more dangerous as match winners. Most sides can play panton hill and think even if motschy makes 70 we should win. Or if rick gets 4/5 wickets we can still get a big total. In a better side Glenn's contributions would win more matches, that's what I mean by more dangerous, not necessarily that they'd play better cricket.
Fair enough

Looking at the side, there is not a bloke in either of the sides that is undeserving at all. There are also blokes that are very stiff for not getting in. But like most rep sides, there are always arguments for and against blokes.

It comes down to personal preference. In a comp like this, the only way to pick a side like this, is to go by stats, as everyone only ever watches their own club week in week out.

I'm interested to know, do these blokes actually get anything for this? It would be good if they all got a plaque with the side on it.

Looking at the side, there is not a bloke in either of the sides that is undeserving at all. There are also blokes that are very stiff for not getting in. But like most rep sides, there are always arguments for and against blokes.

It comes down to personal preference. In a comp like this, the only way to pick a side like this, is to go by stats, as everyone only ever watches their own club week in week out.

I'm interested to know, do these blokes actually get anything for this? It would be good if they all got a plaque with the side on it.

I think if you are going to do it, do it properly.... Invite the 22 blokes to presentation night and make a big deal of it. It's a fantastic achievement for the guys that get picked. For some it wont mean much, to others it may be one of the highlights of their career.

I think if you are going to do it, do it properly.... Invite the 22 blokes to presentation night and make a big deal of it. It's a fantastic achievement for the guys that get picked. For some it wont mean much, to others it may be one of the highlights of their career.

Thats what i was thinking when I typed it. Its the DVCA's version of the All Australian, why not give them something, pump it up, and adds a bit more spice to the night. You could actually invite 30 players, with only 22 selected, so that its not known till the night who got in.

Agree with both your and Brad's sentiments, think inviting 30 isn't great though. Just invite the 22. Most award winners know they've won before it is read out anyway.

Thats what i was thinking when I typed it. Its the DVCA's version of the All Australian, why not give them something, pump it up, and adds a bit more spice to the night. You could actually invite 30 players, with only 22 selected, so that its not known till the night who got in.

Agree with both your and Brad's sentiments, think inviting 30 isn't great though. Just invite the 22. Most award winners know they've won before it is read out anyway.

Exactly. Makes for a boring night when everyone in the room knows who's won the awards already. Maybe try something a bit different for once?

Exactly. Makes for a boring night when everyone in the room knows who's won the awards already. Maybe try something a bit different for once?

How about allowing the Presidents to let their players know of selection, informing them at the meeting prior to Grand Final week, and asking them to keep it under their collective hats.
Regarding other awards such as batting and bowling averages, Tongs is right, I think that all stats should be removed from MyCricket for the whole season, not just the last 4 games, as is now, so that the element of surprise can be there.
Not sure about inviting 30, as how would the other 8 feel?

As much as I get your point, I think you'd start getting blokes to not rock up when they're in the team cos they're not keen to go to the night. Eg. Quite a few medal winners have walked in, accepted and walked out.

As much as I get your point, I think you'd start getting blokes to not rock up when they're in the team cos they're not keen to go to the night. Eg. Quite a few medal winners have walked in, accepted and walked out.

Why do you think that is? Why do people not want to go? That is the question that needs to be asked and answered. Something needs to give to make the night a more enjoyable experience. I have been to a few of them, and whilst they are a good opportunity to catch up with boys from other clubs, they were as boring as all hell. Its great that they now have a guest speaker, but the format and everything else is old and stale....

I don't disagree they can be stale and a bit dry. But I don't really think that inviting 30 people to collect 22 team of the year awards will be the thing to spruce it up.

Why do you think that is? Why do people not want to go? That is the question that needs to be asked and answered. Something needs to give to make the night a more enjoyable experience. I have been to a few of them, and whilst they are a good opportunity to catch up with boys from other clubs, they were as boring as all hell. Its great that they now have a guest speaker, but the format and everything else is old and stale....

I don't disagree they can be stale and a bit dry. But I don't really think that inviting 30 people to collect 22 team of the year awards will be the thing to spruce it up.

I am not saying that it is the answer, I am merely throwing a suggestion out to add something a bit different, that won't make the night stale and sometimes boring. It would create some interest into the night, as people wouldn't be walking in knowing who has won. If you have any other suggestions, by all means, throw them up!

Something little, prob not gonna change the night hugely. I would prefer they read out the votes 3,2,1 in every game. It wouldn't take much longer than the current way of doing things.

I am not saying that it is the answer, I am merely throwing a suggestion out to add something a bit different, that won't make the night stale and sometimes boring. It would create some interest into the night, as people wouldn't be walking in knowing who has won. If you have any other suggestions, by all means, throw them up!

They should bring back the free piss.

Honestly, although probably seen as a bad idea, this is the way to move the Presentation night forward, and get away from the RSL.

Our club moved our night this year to a smaller space, much more suited to running an event, with a bar at the back of the room. Yes the initial price point is higher, and was probably harder to sell, $80 per head including drinks, rather than $40 and buy your own.
As it is, most clubs pay for their players to attend anyway, make it that clubs need to pay for at least 6, therefore, with executive members you have over 120.
Have it in a function centre, with good quality food and trained staff to clean away empties and serve, and the night will look after itself.

Vote count, just go with the 3 votes in each game - voted on by umpires, have the team of the year - voted on by captains, and the averages.

As you did not attend your own clubs presentation night, not sure that you would know what was interesting or not.

..and yet I've still missed less club functions than most players. Not bad for a bloke with a bad attitude.

I guess you missplaced your sense of humour today.

..and yet I've still missed less club functions than most players. Not bad for a bloke with a bad attitude.

I guess you missplaced your sense of humour today.

Not surprising not many BU players attend functions. When the rooms can only hold 15 people, the 15 The tickets probably sell out quickly. :D

Not surprising not many BU players attend functions. When the rooms can only hold 15 people, the 15 The tickets probably sell out quickly. :D

Well if we ever need a room that can fit only 25 and can be catered for with take away, we'll give you a ring. :D

Back