2014/2015 Barclay Shield

The disappointing thing is that it doesn't come down to lack of ability, just lack of effort. Diamo bowling wasn't anything to blast you out. It was honest and I think I can only think of 2 wickets that would go anywhere near good balls getting a wicket. The rest were batsman error and embarrassing at that. Anyway we'll see what awaits next Satirday.
That's a couple of games in a row for research now. Maybe they are not where you think they are when up against good consistent bowling.

That's a couple of games in a row for research now. Maybe they are not where you think they are when up against good consistent bowling.
We are definitely not where we should be. Lack of application during the contest is the issue.

Although not in DVCA rule book, the laws of cricket state if the wrong ball has been used you must Re start the innings with all scores and wickets cancelled.
Agree with 2bob farcical for this to happen. umpires at fault as they are in control of game. Diamo at fault but not to blame for the game starting with wrong ball.

Where does it say this in the Laws of Cricket?

It doesn't specifically say that, however the rule book does say that; "Teams will use a ball as prescribed in 'SA7 ball specifications'. Teams WILL supply and use a new ball for the other teams first innings". That is under rule S9.

If you read SA7 ball specifications, it states "Teams will use full-size (as per Law 5.1) red, leather Kookaburra cricket balls."

The innings had not officially started as the incorrect ball was used. Everything should have been reset and the overs bowled with the pink ball discarded.

We are definitely not where we should be. Lack of application during the contest is the issue.
Given there's a gap between where you are and where you "should be" it could be time to reevaluate. From the outside research's batting looks light with 3 players Malone, cookson and turner. 1 can hurt you on the score board in 30 minutes and the other 2 can bat time. The rest provide lower scores more often than not.

It doesn't specifically say that, however the rule book does say that; "Teams will use a ball as prescribed in 'SA7 ball specifications'. Teams WILL supply and use a new ball for the other teams first innings". That is under rule S9.

If you read SA7 ball specifications, it states "Teams will use full-size (as per Law 5.1) red, leather Kookaburra cricket balls."

The innings had not officially started as the incorrect ball was used. Everything should have been reset and the overs bowled with the pink ball discarded.

Although neither the Rules nor the Laws say anything about the situation, your suggested solution is (a) sensible (b) the one adopted by the Executive in past cases, and (c) what Joe should have strongly suggested be done last Saturday.

Given there's a gap between where you are and where you "should be" it could be time to reevaluate. From the outside research's batting looks light with 3 players Malone, cookson and turner. 1 can hurt you on the score board in 30 minutes and the other 2 can bat time. The rest provide lower scores more often than not.

Looking at Research's stats, their batting may not what seems to be letting them down, but its their bowling. Except for last week, they're making scores that are defendable, and even 130 isn't disgraceful. The issue may be - They're being hit for quite a few runs each week. Bar Macleod, they're the only team to be hit for more than 950 runs, and they've gone for over 1100. Averaging 23.3 per wicket (Worse than NEW who haven't won a game).

Might be time to tighten up with the pill.

Also found it ironic that an Epping boy is having a dig at Research's batting when Epping have made less runs than any other side in BS.

No doubt your stats are correct but Maybe an Eltham boy (money shield) should worry more about his own backyard than the plights of the Barclay boys!

Also found it ironic that an Epping boy is having a dig at Research's batting when Epping have made less runs than any other side in BS.

Not having a dig, merely pointing out that when you fall short of your expectations a few times perhaps your expectations are unrealistic.

Epping's batting is probably around where most think is should be, room for improvement and development of current players.

Stuey love the show sat mornings but I fell asleep when Brian dribblesalot started crapping on. We're u even on stu? I didn't hear you get a word in! Now don't reply and say ah he's a good bloke and he's passionate about his club. We know all that. Just say yep you needed a mop and bucket after the show to clean up all the dribble!!

Perhaps if you had stayed awake, you may have heard me asking him questions! I'm quite happy for people who volunteer countless hours over many years to come on and voice their opinions. I think they've earnt the right. I do not own the show and I don't volunteer my time to stroke my own ego and self promote. Callum coordinates the show and is doing a great job. I'm there to help him out and support whatever direction he wishes, including the guests that come on. It's worth noting that we are trying to focus on the achievements of a wider spread of individuals who play each week. Everyone's entitled to an opinion including you Snowy. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously though, I think you should keep it constructive and not insult or belittle people in the process. Cheers!

Perhaps if you had stayed awake, you may have heard me asking him questions! I'm quite happy for people who volunteer countless hours over many years to come on and voice their opinions. I think they've earnt the right. I do not own the show and I don't volunteer my time to stroke my own ego and self promote. Callum coordinates the show and is doing a great job. I'm there to help him out and support whatever direction he wishes, including the guests that come on. It's worth noting that we are trying to focus on the achievements of a wider spread of individuals who play each week. Everyone's entitled to an opinion including you Snowy. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously though, I think you should keep it constructive and not insult or belittle people in the process. Cheers!

Geez stu you need to take a different pill mate (try a chill pill) or get off the sauce before you reply! I was taking the yellow stuff out of Brian from new as we all know how he's a passionate bloke doing a good job, he just rabbits on alot! Was nothing personal with you. You do same on show (a good job). But if I did have a pillow it would have made the hour a little better

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at Research's stats, their batting may not what seems to be letting them down, but its their bowling. Except for last week, they're making scores that are defendable, and even 130 isn't disgraceful. The issue may be - They're being hit for quite a few runs each week. Bar Macleod, they're the only team to be hit for more than 950 runs, and they've gone for over 1100. Averaging 23.3 per wicket (Worse than NEW who haven't won a game).

Might be time to tighten up with the pill.

Your spot on Tongs. As someone who watches every week, it's our main issue. We leak too many easy runs and don't build or maintain pressure. Part of the problem is bowling too straight which is resulting in a high percentage of runs being scored on the leg side. It's also well documented that we are probably 2 bowlers short, which we are working on and expect to rectify for next season. In the meantime the bowling has to start being boring in order force opposition bats to take risks.

[QUOTstilbrutal, post: 570369, member: 9125"]Perhaps if you had stayed awake, you may have heard me asking him questions! I'm quite happy for people who volunteer countless hours over many years to come on and voice their opinions. I think they've earnt the right. I do not own the show and I don't volunteer my time to stroke my own ego and self promote. Callum coordinates the show and is doing a great job. I'm there to help him out and support whatever direction he wishes, including the guests that come on. It's worth noting that we are trying to focus on the achievements of a wider spread of individuals who play each week. Everyone's entitled to an opinion including you Snowy. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously though, I think you should keep it constructive and not insult or belittle people in the process. Cheers!
Geez stu you need to take a different pill mate (try a chill pill) or get off the sauce before you reply! I was taking the yellow stuff out of Brian from new as we all know how he's a passionate bloke doing a good job, he just rabbits on alot! Was nothing personal with you. You do same on show (a good job). But if I did have a pillow it would have made the hour a little better[/QUOTE]. Surprised you haven't got a pillow? Hopefully by next show, that will be sorted for you Steven. Oh and also, my pills are ok and I don't drink on Sunday's:)

Result of the first round of the Statewide T20 comp: Bundoora United 4/218 defeated Toorak-Prahran 97. Nick Curtin with 104*, backing up a 123 against OP on the weekend.

Happy xmas everyone. Tips for final 4 - ************ if I know but there is only 6 that can make it. Bundoora United will play finals - great effort

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy xmas everyone. Tips for final 4 - ************ if I know but there is only 6 that can make it. Bundoora United will play finals - great effort

Think the top 2 is settled, Plenty and Rosanna.

The other two spots will be filled by one of Creek, Macleod and BU IMO.

BU will have to win 3 games after Xmas to be safe, and have gmaes against Creek, Bundoora, Epping and Macleod. Destiny is in their own hands.

I think it's still anyone's flag to be honest. Top 2 will be hard to beat though.

Think the top 2 is settled, Plenty and Rosanna.

The other two spots will be filled by one of Creek, Macleod and BU IMO.

BU will have to win 3 games after Xmas to be safe, and have gmaes against Creek, Bundoora, Epping and Macleod. Destiny is in their own hands.

I think it's still anyone's flag to be honest. Top 2 will be hard to beat though.
With games against Macleod , Riverside, diamond creek and lower eltham , I dont think rosanna are a monty for top 2 just yet

Back