2015 Ashes - Australia In England

Begs the question, where was this in the past two tests?
Pressure, conditions, the toss, intent, there are many things that feed in but that is also why i place little value on dead rubber Centuries and heroics. The series has been won, the pressure gone and the winner celebrating. Yes the loss smarts but in the end who is holding the Urn??

Well there goes another Ashes. I would have to say without a moments thought, that was the most inconsistent effort from both teams i have ever seen in Ashes cricket. My first remembered series was in 1974 - 5 at home so there has been a couple.

This series will be remembered for the loosing team having taken more wickets, made more runs and having the top two batsmen. The ordinary wickets that even the Aussie commentators trying not to be sore losers gave them 5/10 to the laughter of the english commentators who said they were rubbish. In the end the series was won or lost in the first test when Haddin dropped Root. from there the POMS won the first test and the rest history. The POMS were horrendous in the second and last tests and only matched by the indifference of the Aussies in the third and fourth. 3-2 is fair enough and should be a reminder to the POMS that one good spell of bowling and one dropped catch won it and if they bring that over here next tour it will be 5-0 again.

Well, off to Bangladesh with a new Captain and i hope, a new team. I don't think we will see Siddle again but if we do it will only be long enough for the selectors to remember how lacking he is on flat dry pitches. Need two spinners over there and Mitch to find some form with the bat.

Back