2016/2017 Mash Shield

It's a bit of a joke that Mash Shield and B Grade games are getting two umpires. It's hardly a high standard of cricket. It also means that lower grades are missing out on umpires. I wonder how long it will last.

B Grade I agree with, but Mash Shield although is Division 3 is still an A Grade competition, and should have 2 umpires every week. But B Grade shouldn't be getting 2 and lower grades missing out.

It's a bit of a joke that Mash Shield and B Grade games are getting two umpires. It's hardly a high standard of cricket. It also means that lower grades are missing out on umpires. I wonder how long it will last.

Particularly when they are both ordinary... :thumbsd:

DVCA Media Report

Mash Shield

Hurstbridge have achieved an extraordinary upset over the previously unbeaten Greensborough, winning by nine runs as Charith Jayaweera (5/32) and Kyle Thompson (4/37) helped their side improbably defend 100.

Matt Crawford takes 9/48 in the first innings and doesn't even get a mention!! But two blokes who take 4 and 5 wickets respectively do! What a joke!

DVCA Media Report

Mash Shield

Hurstbridge have achieved an extraordinary upset over the previously unbeaten Greensborough, winning by nine runs as Charith Jayaweera (5/32) and Kyle Thompson (4/37) helped their side improbably defend 100.

Matt Crawford takes 9/48 in the first innings and doesn't even get a mention!! But two blokes who take 4 and 5 wickets respectively do! What a joke!

Winners are grinners. :D:D:D

It's not about winning or grinning, it's about acknowledging an outstanding performance!
How many players have ever taken 9 wickets in an innings in their First Grade?

Greg Wilson playing for Panton hill against Eltham college in about 2004/5 took 9/37 from memory .including a hat trick of 3 LBW's

Mark Reid from mernda

I'm pretty sure keysy got a few 9fa's too . I was in a couple of them

Greg Wilson playing for Panton hill against Eltham college in about 2004/5 took 9/37 from memory .including a hat trick of 3 LBW's

Mark Reid from mernda

I'm pretty sure keysy got a few 9fa's too . I was in a couple of them

Don't reckon Terrence ever took 9/. He can tell you every wicket he's ever taken though, plus the ones that weren't given so stand to be corrected.

Scotty Gilchrist 8/10 in a Barclay Shield GF still the best bowling performance in the valley IMO considering the significance of the occasion

Don't reckon Terrence ever took 9/. He can tell you every wicket he's ever taken though, plus the ones that weren't given so stand to be corrected.

Scotty Gilchrist 8/10 in a Barclay Shield GF still the best bowling performance in the valley IMO considering the significance of the occasion

8-10 in any game or grade is a fair effort, in a BS GF is an amazing effort! Ian Chesterton took a 10 fa and made a ton, I've always thought it was in the same game but it may of just been in the same season, still a fair effort. Also had the Bundoora United V Panton Hill game a couple of years back where I think it was Perrera took 10 fa and motchall made 139 no in the same innings, don't think that would of been done many times!

DVCA Media Report

Mash Shield

Mycricket is the main tool used for the media report. As there were no player scores entered by Greensborough until Monday, this will be the reason there was no mention, media report is usually written up Sunday.
Maybe have a whinge to whoever at your club enters Mycricket scores to meet the deadlines.

Mycricket is the main tool used for the media report. As there were no player scores entered by Greensborough until Monday, this will be the reason there was no mention, media report is usually written up Sunday.
Maybe have a whinge to whoever at your club enters Mycricket scores to meet the deadlines.
Mash Shield

[/QUOTE]

Maybe have a whinge? Rather than acknowledge that this was an outstanding performance, you are going to defend this by saying it's about late scores? Why was this not posted on the DVCA FB page until 2pm on Tuesday if it was written on Sunday?

Maybe have a whinge? Rather than acknowledge that this was an outstanding performance, you are going to defend this by saying it's about late scores? Why was this not posted on the DVCA FB page until 2pm on Tuesday if it was written on Sunday?[/QUOTE]
It was an awesome performance, but the media report is based on scores entered on Mycricket, this is why we have deadlines.
The media report is completed early so it can be put in the local rag, Mycricket deadline is 10pm Saturday night for player scores, not Monday when your club entered them.

A hero is born.

Looking through the results, Toddy noticed an F3 Grade game where Thomastown batsman Robert Hanson scored 167 with 17 sixes in his team's score of 4 declared for 217 off 28 overs. He has played every game this season in Mash Shield.

What a legend.

A hero is born.

Looking through the results, Toddy noticed an F3 Grade game where Thomastown batsman Robert Hanson scored 167 with 17 sixes in his team's score of 4 declared for 217 off 28 overs. He has played every game this season in Mash Shield.

What a legend.

Whilst I do agree that I hate seeing 1st XI cricketers drop down to the lower grades, its pathetic and can often ruin the game. This is a competition problem. The rules (wrongly) allow players to do it. So you can't have a go at the club or player.

But I will say two things. Firstly, blame Lower Plenty.... They sent them in!! Secondly, I had a look through his career stats, he probably wouldn't play in many clubs 2nd XI, and definitely not anyone else's 1st XI. So although he's taken them apart, he's no world beater and he's obviously just had a day out.

Whilst I do agree that I hate seeing 1st XI cricketers drop down to the lower grades, its pathetic and can often ruin the game. This is a competition problem. The rules (wrongly) allow players to do it. So you can't have a go at the club or player.

I'm happy to have a go at the player. If you're not available the whole game, don't play.

I'm happy to have a go at the player. If you're not available the whole game, don't play.

What if there wasn't another player who could play? Its been well documented that they are having trouble with numbers. Would you rather they play short? not to mention, its not his fault. The club/captain pick him. Not the other way around!

A hero is born.

What a legend.

Not all heroes wear capes. It was only Lower Plenty being put to the sword.

Its a hard one atm with the current grading of clubs...

For example we have our 3rd XI in G3 and 4th XI in G4. A couple of weeks ago we had a couple of blokes drop out of our 2nds to 3rds. Both boys bowl prob a bit quicker then medium in C grade but far too quick for G3. I felt for the boys because they are trying to win their spots back in the 2nd's and on the other hand playing against people who are either new to cricket, kids or blokes who just aren't very good.

I really think the promotion and relegation aspect of lower grades needs to be looked at...

Back