2016/2017 Mash Shield

I forgot earlier, 3 Shield grades now.
Panton Hill and Mill Park to fight it out well ahead of the rest.
Laurimar Plenty Valley and whatever else they call themselves to be a distant last but safe as even though all sides in B and C grades better than them they cant or wont be relegated. No idea how that is good for an even and balanced competition ???

I forgot earlier, 3 Shield grades now.
Panton Hill and Mill Park to fight it out well ahead of the rest.
Laurimar Plenty Valley and whatever else they call themselves to be a distant last but safe as even though all sides in B and C grades better than them they cant or wont be relegated. No idea how that is good for an even and balanced competition ???
This doesn't look like a particularly strong grade. I think Hurstbridge, Mill Park and PH will be the better sides.

irrelevant definition: someone who compensates for a lack of importance in real life and makes up for it by being a keyboard warrior on the internet

Very sensitive legs11,
Ain't I allowed an opinion? PH will be gone in 3 years and TU in 5 years and with numbers diminishing in cricket overall I can't see this 'mash' shield lasting to long.

An interesting Round 1 in Mash Shield. 3 of the 4 favourites getting beaten. Given the early predictions; Mill Park, Panton Hill, Hurstbridge and South Morang would all have been favourites to win at home in round one. Only South Morang vs Laurimer went to script.

Did I miss the memo that Camrea are now "Thomastown United", Laurimer/Plenty Valley Bats are now just "Laurimar" and Plenty are now to be known as "Plenty Power"???

An interesting Round 1 in Mash Shield. 3 of the 4 favourites getting beaten. Given the early predictions; Mill Park, Panton Hill, Hurstbridge and South Morang would all have been favourites to win at home in round one. Only South Morang vs Laurimer went to script.

Did I miss the memo that Camrea are now "Thomastown United", Laurimer/Plenty Valley Bats are now just "Laurimar" and Plenty are now to be known as "Plenty Power"???

Camrea Taipans were a merged entity - they have split - I think they are now Camrea (back to Jika) and Thomastown ( DVCA).
Not 100% on this but I think this is it...?

Thomastown United are a separate entity and not related.

Camrea Taipans were a merged entity - they have split - I think they are now Camrea (back to Jika) and Thomastown ( DVCA).
Not 100% on this but I think this is it...?

Thomastown United are a separate entity and not related.

Was this communicated by the DVCA? I haven't seen anything on their website. They are still listed as Camrea under the Clubs Page on the website. No mention anywhere of this split and new club name.

Ex-Prez is only the money here.
The following is on the DVCA website in the season review.

Thomastown Season Preview
After nearly 16 years merged, the Thomastown Taipans and Camrea Stingrays have parted ways and will play under their own, original titles in 2016/17. Thomastown claim Ajay Sood and Chamidu Perera from the split, an impressive scoop given the pair combined for 34 wickets and nearly 300 runs between them. They were always going to be starting afresh but the signing of new captain-coach Tim Hanson means the Taipans have really done the thing properly. This season will represent Ground Zero for the reborn club. With a rebuild firmly in find, the Taipans are looking to be competitive across Mash Shield, E-Grade and F-Grade in 2016/17.

Ex-Prez is only the money here.
The following is on the DVCA website in the season review.

Thomastown Season Preview
After nearly 16 years merged, the Thomastown Taipans and Camrea Stingrays have parted ways and will play under their own, original titles in 2016/17. Thomastown claim Ajay Sood and Chamidu Perera from the split, an impressive scoop given the pair combined for 34 wickets and nearly 300 runs between them. They were always going to be starting afresh but the signing of new captain-coach Tim Hanson means the Taipans have really done the thing properly. This season will represent Ground Zero for the reborn club. With a rebuild firmly in find, the Taipans are looking to be competitive across Mash Shield, E-Grade and F-Grade in 2016/17.

I stand corrected. I stopped reading the season previews after reading the negative muck written about our club. Thanks for the heads up :)

It's a bit of a joke that Mash Shield and B Grade games are getting two umpires. It's hardly a high standard of cricket. It also means that lower grades are missing out on umpires. I wonder how long it will last.

Back