2016 Icc World T20 Discussion Thread

From memory, it all started with this incident when Samuels tried to prevent D Hussey taking a second run in a BBL game years ago.......

Warne is definitely no angel, but Samuels should've got rubbed out for throwing his bat.

Stokes bowled brilliantly in the end against Nz.50% of dotballs bowled by Ben came in the death overs.This stats enough to say he is a good death bowler.But sadly he became a victim of pressure.Anyways,As you said Willey should've been given the final over.

Two of his wickets against us were off full tosses though..

From memory, it all started with this incident when Samuels tried to prevent D Hussey taking a second run in a BBL game years ago.......

Warne is definitely no angel, but Samuels should've got rubbed out for throwing his bat.

One of the biggest fights in cricket I guess,Did they play in the same team afterwards in any of the leagues?And what did Warne say regarding Wi,that Samuels was fired up?

One of the biggest fights in cricket I guess,Did they play in the same team afterwards in any of the leagues?And what did Warne say regarding Wi,that Samuels was fired up?
Mate you need to come and play at my club this is infant school stuff compared to what goes on here in Essex in the UK. There was a game here some years ago 3 blokes were killed, or at least two. It was two actually, I just looked it up, one was shot dead, the other was stabbed to death.

Last edited:
Mate you need to come and play at my club this is infant school stuff compared to what goes on here in Essex in the UK. There was a game here some years ago 3 blokes were killed, or at least two. It was two actually, I just looked it up, one was shot dead, the other was stabbed to death.
Seriously funny or funnily serious?? I I believe in you,Anyways scary stuff.How did ECB react? Do you have any video regarding this?

I remember reading recently about a league match in Essex that was abandoned due to a fight - not sure anyone died though - maybe a different incident?

Gutted. I reckon they should have gone with Willey - he had an over to come at the end there? Poor old Stokes, I bet he feels he lost them the game there. I had a feeling they might still win, they didn't look fussed at all in the last 5 overs where it looked as though it was slipping away from them, it was as though they knew the remaining players would just suddenly tee off as Braithwaite did and get them over the line. You have to say well done West Indies all their teams did brilliantly.

Willey had bowled out, 3/20 from his four overs.

Morgan bowled the person who you'd expect to bowl the last over in Stokes. Unfortunately for him, it didn't come off. I am surprised however that Ali didn't bowl in the final, I would have thought as a spinner he'd bowl at least one over considering they are playing in India.

Having said that, if Root or Ali bowled and got spanked there would have been questions asked why Stokes didn't get the last over instead.

It continued earlier this year when Warne had several goes at Samuels over his batting when West Indies were here for the three test series. He was particularly critical of Samuels after a run out which saw Samuels caught short but tried to put the blame on his teammate.

I did like Samuels' comments not long after the game on Sunday though.

"Every team I play for, Shane Warne has a problem with me," Samuels said. "I don't know what, I've never disrespected him, it seems he has a lot inside him that he needs to come out with. I don't appreciate the way that he continues to talk about me, and the things he keeps doing. I don't know, maybe it is because my face is real and his face is not."

:D

Last edited:
It continued earlier this year when Warne had several goes at Samuels over his batting when West Indies were here for the three test series. He was particularly critical of Samuels after a run out which saw Samuels caught short but tried to put the blame on his teammate.

I did like Samuels' comments not long after the game on Sunday though.

:D

Have to laugh when Samuels says he has never disrespected Warne, then says his face is plastic in the next sentence!

That said, listening to Warne commentate whenever Samuels is playing, it is easy to pick up how he doesn't like him. Sums up the channel 9 commentary team at the moment - very painful to listen to!

Have to laugh when Samuels says he has never disrespected Warne, then says his face is plastic in the next sentence!

That said, listening to Warne commentate whenever Samuels is playing, it is easy to pick up how he doesn't like him. Sums up the channel 9 commentary team at the moment - very painful to listen to!
I keep hearing this about the channel 9 commentary team, is it really that bad?

Hey Dave!! Just saw your Blogs,good work.Why don't you start a website regarding leg spin bowling,just a thought.I could help you create one..
Cheers

Back