2022 Commonwealth Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Staff member
Four more years have passed since the brilliant Gold Coast Games with the athletes now heading to the English midlands city of Birmingham in less that 100 days.

Jessica will be bursting with pride to have the event in her home country, yet she will again find England will have to overcome powerhouse Australia if it wants to rule the roost over this the second largest multi- sport competition on the planet. Fellow Brit allies, Wales and Scotland plus Canada and South Africa will be out to spoil the party. India may well be the surprise packet.

Last edited:

Some Australian teams have yet to be selected. I will be keeping everyone up to date when they are.

Last edited:
Australia's middle distance human/fish Ariarne Titmus broke fierce rival Katie Ledeckey's long time 400m free world record last nite in the Australian Swim Championships in Adelaide.
“I’ve just loved swimming the past six months. I’ve been going to training and enjoying the sport – which is so underestimated,” Titmus said following her world record breaking swim. "I am very excited to be going to the Games and I think we’ve got a great team going in. It’s insane the depth we have."

Arnie will now lead the Aussie Dolphins swim team in the pool at Birmingham along with fellow Olympic champions Emma McKeon, Kyle Chalmers, Zac Stubblety-Cook, Kaylee McKeown .

Other big names in the 46 member squad include Cody Simpson, with a host of emerging teen stars in Mollie O’Callaghan,18, Flynn Southam,16, Jenna Forrester,18, Isaac Cooper,18 and Lani Pallister,19.
Mollie dominated at the Australian Swimming Championships in Adelaide this week, winning six medals, including two golds and is considered heir apparent to the Campbell sisters while the baby of the squad, schoolboy Southam, is an outstanding prospect in the sprint events.
Distance swimmer Lani Pallister, is a former world junior champion in the 400, 800 and 1500m free and is seen as our most promising long distance swimmer. Better take cover Poms, Canucks and Saffers as our Dolphins are gunning for y'all.

Last edited:
Four more years have passed since the brilliant Gold Coast Games with the athletes now heading to the English midlands city of Birmingham in less that 100 days.

Jessica will be bursting with pride to have the event in her home country, yet she will again find England will have to overcome powerhouse Australia if it wants to rule the roost over this the second largest multi- sport competition on the planet. Fellow Brit allies, Wales and Scotland plus Canada and South Africa will be out to spoil the party. India may well be the surprise packet.

You missed this opening post Jess. Are you going to follow the Games. Birmingham is not all that far from you.. perhaps you/partner will go and see it live as I did in 2018 on our Gold Coast.

J Jessica

Last edited:
RAIL unions could try to wreck the Commonwealth Games by staging their strikes in the middle of the tournament, UK government insiders fear.
Firebrands at the RMT have vowed to inflict a “summer of discontent” on Brits in a series of devastating walkouts.

So typical of militant unions Jessica. I fear now with a Labor govt in Australia that we too will see plenty of these events over the next three years. Unions strike to harm a Liberal govt and to assist a Labor one. They are a misguided lot.. still living in the early 20th century.

Last edited:
You missed this opening post Jess. Are you going to follow the Games. Birmingham is not all that far from you.. perhaps you/partner will go and see it live as I did in 2018 on our Gold Coast.
J Jessica
Sorry Richie I did miss this.
I will follow the games, I don't think I'll have the chance to watch it live though. Which live events did you see?

Australia's middle distance human/fish Ariarne Titmus broke fierce rival Katie Ledeckey's long time 400m free world record last nite in the Australian Swim Championships in Adelaide.
“I’ve just loved swimming the past six months. I’ve been going to training and enjoying the sport – which is so underestimated,” Titmus said following her world record breaking swim. "I am very excited to be going to the Games and I think we’ve got a great team going in. It’s insane the depth we have."

Arnie will now lead the Aussie Dolphins swim team in the pool at Birmingham along with fellow Olympic champions Emma McKeon, Kyle Chalmers, Zac Stubblety-Cook, Kaylee McKeown .

Other big names in the 46 member squad include Cody Simpson, with a host of emerging teen stars in Mollie O’Callaghan,18, Flynn Southam,16, Jenna Forrester,18, Isaac Cooper,18 and Lani Pallister,19.
Mollie dominated at the Australian Swimming Championships in Adelaide this week, winning six medals, including two golds and is considered heir apparent to the Campbell sisters while the baby of the squad, schoolboy Southam, is an outstanding prospect in the sprint events.
Distance swimmer Lani Pallister, is a former world junior champion in the 400, 800 and 1500m free and is seen as our most promising long distance swimmer. Better take cover Poms, Canucks and Saffers as our Dolphins are gunning for y'all.
You have some fantastic swimmers there Richie, Ian Thorpe is one of my faves. I think he's retired now. I'll have to do some catch-up on our athletes and post them here 🤗

Australia has chosen its Squash team For Birmingham headlined by six-time and two time gold medal winning Games representative Rachael Grinham. Joining her are established players Cameron Pilley, Ryan Ruskelly, Donna Lobban and Zac Alexander with emerging Games newcomers Alexandra Haydon, Jess Turnbull, and Rhys Dowling making up the 8 person squad.

Well Jessica may agree with me that the lack of promotion may well be because they dont like to see England beaten by Australia as often happens in the Comm Games. Fact is it starts on July 28 in the midlands city of Birmingham and promises to be 10 days of great sporting achievement. It will also be televised live by Network 7.

Well Jessica may agree with me that the lack of promotion may well be because they dont like to see England beaten by Australia as often happens in the Comm Games. Fact is it starts on July 28 in the midlands city of Birmingham and promises to be 10 days of great sporting achievement. It will also be televised live by Network 7.
I just saw an advertisement on TV for the commonwealth games 😆 I'll be watching when I can! 🤗

Only beef I have about the games being held in the Northern Hemisphere is that we down here in the Southern Hemisphere have to put up with finals competition being held either during our sleep hours or our afternoon for replays.

Swimming fan at the Olympics and in general but the athletics is more interesting in the commonwealth games.
Why is that Kram81 Kram81 ? For me it is the opposite as Australia is a dominant swimming nation and a middling athletics one. To be brutally honest I tired of watching track sprinting and track long distance as it is always dominated by superior black athletes. We poor slow whites rarely get a look in. Was not always the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back