2022 Commonwealth Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that Kram81 Kram81 ? For me it is the opposite as Australia is a dominant swimming nation and a middling athletics one. To be brutally honest I tired of watching track sprinting and track long distance as it is always dominated by superior black athletes. We poor slow whites rarely get a look in. Was not always the case.
Other Commonwealth nations have caught up but we are still very dominant in the pool and it's just not the same without the US. In athletics we are weak nation so it can be interesting to see them against opposition where we are more of a chance.

The opposite of course for the Olympics though.

Where was the respect for the defending Games champion, Australia, when the reduced footage of the Opening Ceremony was shown early this morning on 7Plus. Apparently the Brits had deleted us marching into the stadium, instead concentrating almost entirely on UK teams plus Malta.

The opening ceremony show did not disappoint tho, with an strong emphasis on color from a spectacular lite and laser exhibition. What was the symbolism of the giant mechanical bull tho?

Last edited:
Aussie cycling team sprint into the gold medal race after a sizzling Games record time tonite.

The opening ceremony show did not disappoint tho, with an strong emphasis on color from a spectacular lite and laser exhibition. What was the symbolism of the giant mechanical bull tho?
I think the bull represents Birminghams Bull Ring shopping precinct. 😇

Australia has gotten off to a cracking start with 16 medals on first day.. 8 of those gold. We were especially dominant is swimm
I watched a race earlier, the girls were swimming in a lake, didn't catch the end though.

That is the triathlon Jessica. The Englishman won it, the first medal sport of the Games. The Aussie was third.

Our Canaries got a big shock from India in the first T20 cricket pool match. We were 5-75 at one stage but Ash Gardner with a brilliant rearguard 50 got us across the line.

Last edited:
Again we Aussies show our strength in the swim relays with both our men and women blitzing the field in the 4x100 Free.

Australia has doubled her medal tally on the second day of competition and now stands at 32 with 13 gold. England is clearly the next best nation with 21 medals but lagging in gold with just 5 but they have 12 silver. New Zealand continues to hold third place but has the second most gold with 7.

Last edited:
Aussies have cleared out from the field after Day3 with 52 medals.. 22 of those the most glittering. Great win by our girls in Rugby 7s. Some real class in our lineup, while the Dolphins continue our pool gold rush. Queen Emma with her record breaking swim too.

Last edited:
Well I will keep the flag flying for the event and the forum.

Woke early just in time to watch our Dolphins continue their domination of the sprint relays. This time the men took home the gold in the 4x200 and in a games record. I saw the future of Aussie sprinting in teen Flynn Southern with a blistering second leg which imo won us the event. That win also took us to 31 gold 10 clear of England and 27 clear overall. Gotta watch the old enemy tho as they are are starting to cut into our lead. Plus they are usually stronger than us in athletics which is still in its early stages.

im aussie but i must admit the only sport im interested in is cricket.
i couldnt care less who swims a microsecond faster than who.
Each to his own. Not long now before the cricket season begins. I have to say also my favorite sport.

Australia has reached the century medals milestone at the half way stage of these Games with swimming our biggest success by the dominant Dolphins. Those pesky Poms (Jessica) are chipping away at our lead tho. With just five days left I think we Aussies can hold on and defend our title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back