2022 International T20 World Cup Australia, October 16 - November 13.

Batting was rubbish and surely Finch and even Warner are past it but I guess in their defence it's never easy going out there after the bowling line up has leaked a total of 200 that you have to chase.

Batting was rubbish and surely Finch and even Warner are past it but I guess in their defence it's never easy going out there after the bowling line up has leaked a total of 200 that you have to chase.

Tough to chase a target of 201, a chase of that ilk has only a small margin for error. Finch is past it though and shouldn't be in the side.

Stoinis has played his one match winning innings for the tournament. Marsh and Maxwell remain short of runs. Agar finally gets a gig while our pace attack made amends for shockers last match with economic spells. Even Cummo and Starc with a wicket each. We need to build on this now boys.

Cummins and Starc were wicketless from the two previous matches against NZ. Starc was something like 0/90, Cummins 0-80. The only performer from our Test attack was Hazlewood with the excellent figures of 5/ 60.

Get home to see Ireland knock England off being in front on d/l before the rain comes in, just magnificent.

The luck of the Shamrock. How sweet it is. But this now works against the Aussies progressing as tomorrows game is now sudden death for both sides. I dont like our chances unless Steve Smith plays and we bring in Kane Richo for the death bowling. Cummins went for 20 last over last game.

Last edited:
And no play today in either games in Melbourne. A real shame that a tournament that has been great so far otherwise is really getting compromised by washouts.

And no play today in either games in Melbourne. A real shame that a tournament that has been great so far otherwise is really getting compromised by washouts.

The issue I think is the games in places such as Melbourne and Hobart, the weather is too unreliable to have so many games there.

The tournament should have been hosted in February but that's an ICC decision. Australia hosts jointly with New Zealand in 2028, hopefully they'll have it in the summer period for both countries.

Aussies may have dodged a bullet with that washout. Lose and we are out. Now we have a good chance to gain points and some confidence from our next two games-Ireland and the Afghans. Steve Smith must play.

Have to win our last two games now and hope New Zealand knock off England. Disagree that Smith is the answer to Australia's top order issues.

Smithy is the best option we have for early loss of wickets as the man is a freak at rebuilding. Even in 20 overs a 3/4 over consolidation get us back on track. Then the power hitters can do their thing..

Yes, relying on Sri Lanka to beat England.

Another poor innings from Smith again, shouldn't be anywhere near the T20I side. There will certainly be a few changes to the T20 side after the World Cup is over I would think.

Back