25/25 Comp Feedback

Jolldo87

25/25 Comp Feedback

I'm looking for ways to improve the competition for next time. What could we have done differently? How could we make the competition better in future seasons?

Re: 25/25 Comp Feedback

Play each other once instead of twice.

That's the only thing I think was wrong with the comp.

As for the fixture debate, you can either play them all on random pitches or just take pot luck as to who gets 3 home games and who only gets 2.

Agree with Dirk, only problem was that it went a bit too long. One rotation needed for future tournaments.

Agree with what has been said above.

But as far as the fixtures go (if we were to play each other only once) why don't you just run it like they do in the big bash.

S1: 3 home games, 2 away.
S2: 2 home, 3 away
S3: 3 home, 2 away

and so on.

Yeah we do need the feedback. We're planning incorporating some big changes next T25 competition so that we can test them before using them in season 3. We'll get you guys news on those changes shortly. :)

Yeah maybe it went a little too long.

Happy to have it however, makes for some fun.

Nothing beats the regular season however.

daddy_4_eyes;326570 said:
Play around with averages to give bowlers a fair shot. Poor guys were almost irrelevant in the comp.

My bowling has been irrelevant all season :eek:

Decrease the bowling averages a little more, try that out and see if we can still get high scores but a chance at bowling teams out. It might not work, but give it a try. Do you want me to try it out for you to save the trouble?

Yeah, 11 wickets in 10 games for a pure bowler in a batsman dominated comp isn't enough :D

21 at minimum :D

daddy_4_eyes;326570 said:
Play around with averages to give bowlers a fair shot. Poor guys were almost irrelevant in the comp.

Only the ones bowling rubbish ;)

Mousey;326594 said:
Decrease the bowling averages a little more, try that out and see if we can still get high scores but a chance at bowling teams out. It might not work, but give it a try. Do you want me to try it out for you to save the trouble?

Yeah, that would be great. @|

I think Mousey should get 10 bonus points on his bowling and 10 on to his batting for helping you out Jolldo (in both forms of the game).

Doing some tests now. It's not too bad, but on some bowling pitches sides can be restricted to under 4.5 an over. Haven't had a team bowled out yet, but that's good.

On average 5 wickets fall a game.
On average a score of about 160 is posted.

For the record the Magic have won 3/5 against the Wizards, Edge BoG in two of the three wins. DILLIGAF made 102 and I took 3/15.

Something is up with my comp, the sim is crashing half the time for some reason. Anyone else had trouble with that?

Ok, major problems now. But it seems like it is working quite well if you are happy with 6-7 an over scores in general.

The averages are:
Batsmen: 65, 99
Batting AR: 55, 25
Pure AR: 50, 22
Bowling AR: 45, 18
Bowlers: 20, 12

Give it a try Jolldo, see if it works. Maybe teek the averages a bit. The batters maybe a bit higher or the allrounders averages a bit. Sorry for not being of much more assistance - I think I need to defrag, but I need space. :mad:

Well, 'm off to delete stuff then, see y'all tomorrow.

Nice work Mousey. @|

Mousey;326804 said:
Doing some tests now. It's not too bad, but on some bowling pitches sides can be restricted to under 4.5 an over. Haven't had a team bowled out yet, but that's good.

On average 5 wickets fall a game.
On average a score of about 160 is posted.

For the record the Magic have won 3/5 against the Wizards, Edge BoG in two of the three wins. DILLIGAF made 102 and I took 3/15.

Haha, Edge motm. :D

Good one. ;)

Mousey;326808 said:
Something is up with my comp, the sim is crashing half the time for some reason. Anyone else had trouble with that?

Do you have at least 2 bowlers in each side?

Yeh, it crashes just before the final over. It's weird.

Not looking good with deleting my stuff either.

Obviously it was too long. Will definitely shorten it for next time.

Anything else to consider?

Back