25/25 Grand Final: Chittagong Cheetahs v Geelong Gators @ Hasina Arena

Re: 25/25 Grand Final: Chittagong Cheetahs v Geelong Gators @ Hasina Arena

surely there has to be a replay. without a cemented rule/law in place, then there has been no result and no champion can be named.
if no replay, and we lose on account of this, then our "season" has been waisted 100%
geelong gator's to boycott the BCFCL

Aleks.;326892 said:
Happy to be a MOTM in a Grand Final here & well done Cheetahs.

motm, you suck mate, badger blitzed you with 2 6's and 12 4's. this comp is a screaming joke, I say BPCA rules here, get all clubs to vote and overturn the decision. what a joke, ya can fair dinkum jam ya BCFCL crap where the sun dont shine, i thought the GCA were hopeless but BCFCL is right up there with GCA and ICC, weak as piss. and as for yellow cards, i eatem for breakfast if ya wanna give me one.;)

crktluva;326968 said:
motm, you suck mate, badger blitzed you with 2 6's and 12 4's. this comp is a screaming joke, I say BPCA rules here, get all clubs to vote and overturn the decision. what a joke, ya can fair dinkum jam ya BCFCL crap where the sun dont shine, i thought the GCA were hopeless but BCFCL is right up there with GCA and ICC, weak as piss. and as for yellow cards, i eatem for breakfast if ya wanna give me one.;)

i support my tear away quick 100% here ;)
good work crktluva.

Badger;326929 said:
pardon my french, but that's rubbish.
it's a grand final , how can you have a result based on a draw? you tell me, in what way is it fair? i'd rather get smashed by 800 runs than lose by default.

how can the cheetahs even take a victory when they didn't even win. horrendous result.
and how does someone making 70 get a motm over someone making 82, when there was technically no result reached!?
this sim is rediculous.

The sim gives MOTM almost always to someone from the winning side. Most of the time, it is right but sometimes they'll give it someone who possibly wasn't the best player on the ground. It's just how it is unfortunately.

mas cambios;326942 said:
For the sake of credibility, then the game really should be replayed, ideally on a neutral ground.

Obviously, the sim throws up some 'interesting' results and these need to be considered as the 25 over comp continues in future seasons. As Frodo says, a definitive method of deciding who clinches a win in a situation like this is needed, if only to make things as transparent as possible.

At the moment, it's all a bit of learning curve but I know that guys who run the comp are taking comments on board.

No less than mas cambios sides with are argument, the people have spoken.

Gee.

Have a replay Jolldo, it seems that what is required here......

Biggie;326998 said:
Gee.

Have a replay Jolldo, it seems that what is required here......

Tbh, Jolldo did say that if it was a draw the cheetahs win before the game was simmed. Maybe next season an improvement could be a rematch in finals.. Just sucks that they didn't even beat us all season and they still win. But who cares bring on the new season

Someone get hold of Syedur Rahman and see if he can code up an 'aftermatch brawl simulator'

a for effort;327005 said:
Someone get hold of Syedur Rahman and see if he can code up an 'aftermatch brawl simulator'
:D

Nice one.

a for effort;327005 said:

in that case, we will need our team mascot, the big babies arm to be in on it

ants14;327003 said:
Tbh, Jolldo did say that if it was a draw the cheetahs win before the game was simmed. Maybe next season an improvement could be a rematch in finals.. Just sucks that they didn't even beat us all season and they still win. But who cares bring on the new season

I know but the outcry from many cannot be ignored.

We want this comp to run fairly and squarely.

If a replay is what is required than we shall do it.

And quickly, as yes I and others, would like to move on get the regular season cranking.

Jolldo will make the right decision Im sure. @|

ants14;327003 said:
Tbh, Jolldo did say that if it was a draw the cheetahs win before the game was simmed.

Making up rules on the fly is not the right way. Especially when the person is captain of the team to whom it advantages. Same thing happened in the one day finals. Semi final best of three, Grand Final only one.
There is a rules thread. That is what governs the competition. Of course situations arise that are not covered by the rules, but here we learn and amend/improve the rules to give transparency.
In the case of the one day finals, once the question was raised, at semifinal time, and no rule was i place, then a rule should have been added. It would have made the finals situation clear. In this case a rule needs to be added, but in it's absence a replay is the only fair outcome.

I would add that an away team getting a draw has clearly shown itself to have been the better team on the day, as the sim gives an advantage to the home side. So denying Geelong a replay would seem very harsh indeed.

Well, it was a good match that's for sure...

Will await the final decision before posting any celebrations.

This 25/25 Grand Final is equal to a bloody boatrace, slow and painful:

boatrace.jpg

BCFCL can be thankful my name is not Mark Vermuelen and that their HQ's have been saved from my arson attempts.

Ljp86;326984 said:
The sim gives MOTM almost always to someone from the winning side. Most of the time, it is right but sometimes they'll give it someone who possibly wasn't the best player on the ground. It's just how it is unfortunately.

there was no winning side!
so clearly i was the best on ground.

ants14;327008 said:
in that case, we will need our team mascot, the big babies arm to be in on it

and support from lenny unsworth and heath walsh :D

thommy_rissole;327023 said:
BCFCL can be thankful my name is not Mark Vermuelen and that their HQ's have been saved from my arson attempts.

Imma throw a fence picket through someones sternum in a minute

Back