ACB 2009-10 Contracts

Re: ACB 2009-10 Contracts

i knew straight away the small holes were going to be picked apart. would you rather someone who has played 170 odd tests with 300 wickets in good form and been with australia for ten years, or someone with 7 tests up their sleeve and not much to prove there worth. he was very economical because of the line he bowls continually, too close to off stump to thrash through the covers all the time, but easily left ball after ball after ball without result. when batsmen are playing him they always look comfortable, and a decent amount of his wicket are the batsmen getting themselves out by playing stupid shots because they are comfortable with their bowling. dont get me wrong though, hes a great bowler, but when australia has lee, clark and johnson, plus a spinner at their disposal then i dont see the need for siddle.

Boris;348802 said:
i knew straight away the small holes were going to be picked apart. would you rather someone who has played 170 odd tests with 300 wickets in good form and been with australia for ten years, or someone with 7 tests up their sleeve and not much to prove there worth. he was very economical because of the line he bowls continually, too close to off stump to thrash through the covers all the time, but easily left ball after ball after ball without result. when batsmen are playing him they always look comfortable, and a decent amount of his wicket are the batsmen getting themselves out by playing stupid shots because they are comfortable with their bowling. dont get me wrong though, hes a great bowler, but when australia has lee, clark and johnson, plus a spinner at their disposal then i dont see the need for siddle.

i dont think SA looked too confortable against siddle, i think the selectors need to reward good form and he has been bowling well at international level, and dont get me wrong i agree lee is a superstar but i dont think he will be a walk up starter in the ashes

he should be rewarded by being next in line like everyone else. if someone gets injured you come into the team, fill in for them as best you can, then leave when they get back and play your heart out at domestic level to get back into the team permanently.

lee has to be, i dont see how the selectors could ignore him. in the 2008 calendar year he got 52 wicket. 52! and he went through 1 and a bit tours with this 'bad form'. plus 170 tests and 300 wickets is a little too hard to ignore, he is the most experience bowler in the side, and the team needs experience. whether he goes well or crap he should get in by default.

i never siad he would be ignored, i just said he wouldnt be a walk up starter, but we can sit on here and talk about it all we but what it comes down to is who the selectors want to play, and you definatley cant ingore those numbers like i said hes a superstar

my cricket sense just doesnt tingle when i see him play. it sounds stupid but ive been right about a lot more then ive been wrong, but i just dont see him going anywhere. im probably gonna have to eat my words when he gets a 10-fer in the ashes, but thats one reason i dont. i think mcgain will do well, he should be selected.

your entitled to your opinion mate and ill guess we will see when the ashes come around:)

DY13;348810 said:
your entitled to your opinion mate and ill guess we will see when the ashes come around:)

thanks mate, same to you. good luck to everyone at the ashes, and i hope im not opening another argument here, but i hope symonds can make a comeback if hes picked. i just hope im not proved wrong and then laughed at. i have a large amount of predictions riding on luck both on this forum and on loads of others.

Boris;348812 said:
thanks mate, same to you. good luck to everyone at the ashes, and i hope im not opening another argument here, but i hope symonds can make a comeback if hes picked. i just hope im not proved wrong and then laughed at. i have a large amount of predictions riding on luck both on this forum and on loads of others.

i hope symonds gets back aswell, i would hope nobody would laugh at you because thats what a place like this is for to voice your opinions. GO THE AUSSIES!

i agree, go the aussies, but i hope the english put up a damn good fight and win at least one or two. i think the series will be 2-1 to the aussies. theres another prediction for me to live up to.
im afraid that roy wont get a game, i think he deserves to get at least one now that hes back and there is room in the team for him, plus they would love to have him back.

Boris;349009 said:
i agree, go the aussies, but i hope the english put up a damn good fight and win at least one or two. i think the series will be 2-1 to the aussies. theres another prediction for me to live up to.
im afraid that roy wont get a game, i think he deserves to get at least one now that hes back and there is room in the team for him, plus they would love to have him back.

Going to be a cracking series for sure:)

what do you guys think of bollinger? do you think he'll get many more tests, or stick to the one dayers, if you think he should be playing at all?

Given the current status of the team he's an either/or proposition with Siddle. Personally I think Bollinger's bowling has more teeth than Siddle's and he's a better strike/wickettaking option.

However that may be my light-blue blood talking as after a shakey start Siddle has certainly delivered against South Africa. He's several years younger than Doug and I think if he performs well in the next couple of series he'll be our new Kaspa - and it will be nigh-on impossible for an unproven Bollinger to dislodge him.

I suspect his Test career might end up a bit like Andy Bichel's - in and out of the side as required, always performing servicably but too far down the pecking order to be a consistent inclusion. By the time Clark, Lee, etc retire it will likely be too late for him to stake his claim.

Talking in the terms of Queenslanders, i like it! makes it much easier to understand.

I prefer him to Siddle, and if you've read the rest of the thread you know why, but i think Siddle has the tests covered now more then the one dayers, i think Bollinger has a chance there definitely.
Can someone list the Aussie team that was played in Australia against South Africa, then the team against the Saffas in SA. i have a short memory. were they playing 3 or 4 quicks plus a spinner?

Back