Spin Bowler : Graeme Swann

Opening Batsmen: Adam Gilchrist
Middle Order Batsmen: Ricky Ponting
All-rounder: Shahid Afridi
Wicket-Keeper: Ab de villiers
Finisher: Michael Hussey
Fast Bowler: Wasin Akram
Spin Bowler : Saqlain Mushtaq

Opening Batsmen: Mathew Hayden - loved it when he took on the bowling.
Middle Order Batsmen: Adam Gilchrist - on his day the most entertaining batsman of all time.
All-rounder: Ian Botham - brash, talented and ultra competitive.
Wicket-Keeper: Rod Marsh - if there's been a better keeper I haven't seen him.
Finisher: Michael Bevan was the best ODI finisher. Gilchrist a great test finisher.
Fast Bowler: Denis Lillee - the Rolls Royce of bowlers. 3 or 4 West Indians not far away.
Spin Bowler: Shane Warne - probably the easiest choice of the lot.

Opening Batsman: Saeed Anwar
Middle Order Batsman: Martin Crowe
All-rounder: Richard Hadlee
Wicket-Keeper: Jack Russell
Finisher: I'm going to go with the best player at finishing off opposition batting...Waqar Younis
Fast Bowler: Malcolm Marshall
Spin Bowler: Shane Warne

My list of top 10 Indian Players

1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Sunil Gavaskar
3. Kapil Dev
4. Sourav Ganguly
5. Anil Kumle
6. Rahul Dravid
7. Vijay Hazare (won us our first test victory)
8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
9. V. V. S. Laxman
10. Mohammad Azharuddin

list of all time greatest cricketers

1. Don Bradman
2. Gary Sobers
3. Vivian Richards
4. Imran Khan
5. W.G.GRace
6. Shane Warne
7. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Walter Hammond
10. Adam Gilchrist

A list of my greatest fielders

1. Jhonty Rhodes
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Paul Collingwood
5. Andrew Symonds
6. Stephen Fleming
7. Tilakratne Dilshan
8. AB de Villiers
9. Yuvraj Singh
10. Mohammad kaif

Last edited:
Greatest wicket keepers

1. Mark Boucher
2. Adam Gilchrist
3. Ian Healy
4. Kumar Sangakkara
5. MS Dhoni
6.. Rod Marsh
7. Jeffrey Dujon
8. Brendon McCullum
9. Alan Knott
10. Alec Stewart

Last edited:
A list of my greatest fielders

1. Jhonty Rhodes
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Paul Collingwood
5. Andrew Symonds
6. Rabindra Jadeja
7. Tilakratne Dilshan
9. AB de Villiers
10. Yuvraj Singh

No Kiwis? The current side has a number of fielders who are up there with Symonds, Jadeja, Dilshan and Y Singh... Guptill, Williamson, the McCullum brothers etc.

No Kiwis? The current side has a number of fielders who are up there with Symonds, Jadeja, Dilshan and Y Singh... Guptill, Williamson, the McCullum brothers etc.

Yes you are right... it got over my mind... i edited my chart and included fleming in the list, definetly was one of the best slip fielder... got jadeja out since he is a newbie and has got much more cricket to show, guptill and kane too... and i think Brendon is better in the back of stumps

Greatest wicket keepers

1. Mark Boucher
2. Adam Gilchrist
3. Ian Healy
4. Kumar Sangakkara
5. MS Dhoni
6. Moin Khan
7. Rod Marsh
8. Jeffrey Dujon
9. Romesh Kaluwitharana
10. Alec Stewart
Really, Rod Marsh and Jeffery Dujon at 7 & 8 they both make Sangakkara, Dhoni and Khan look like school boys and you put Stewart in there in front of names like David Murray, Ian Smith and Bob Taylor.

Really, Rod Marsh and Jeffery Dujon at 7 & 8 they both make Sangakkara, Dhoni and Khan look like school boys and you put Stewart in there in front of names like David Murray, Ian Smith and Bob Taylor.

If you look at the test statistics you would be happy to put Rod Marsh and Jeff a bit higher, but cricket isnt only about tests no more... Look at ODI list and dhoni and kumar are way higher, probable maybe because they play more ODI games... i am excluding Moin Khan and Romesh Kaluwitharana and bringing in Brendon McCullum and Alan Knott though

If you look at the test statistics you would be happy to put Rod Marsh and Jeff a bit higher, but cricket isnt only about tests no more... Look at ODI list and dhoni and kumar are way higher, probable maybe because they play more ODI games... i am excluding Moin Khan and Romesh Kaluwitharana and bringing in Brendon McCullum and Alan Knott though
Not overly concerned about ODI statistics as they are very limited to the past 30 years and really the last 15 years where so much has been played for money on the sub-continent. This is about quality with the gloves and a bloke like Gilly was very good but Marsh was a wizard. There is match craft as well where players like Dujon excelled. Statistics can be deceiving, top players are standouts you don't need to check the numbers and with some players, like Stewart, he played in such a poor team someone had to get the wickets. This is the same for some others like Vettori, he was a great bowler but if he had more players around him he would not have taken the wickets he did because he had to.

Not overly concerned about ODI statistics as they are very limited to the past 30 years and really the last 15 years where so much has been played for money on the sub-continent. This is about quality with the gloves and a bloke like Gilly was very good but Marsh was a wizard. There is match craft as well where players like Dujon excelled. Statistics can be deceiving, top players are standouts you don't need to check the numbers and with some players, like Stewart, he played in such a poor team someone had to get the wickets. This is the same for some others like Vettori, he was a great bowler but if he had more players around him he would not have taken the wickets he did because he had to.

Rod Marsh was nick named 'iron gloves' for his sloppy catches in his intial days... his keeping improved over the time of his career, gilly was good from his dawn, though what you said is also correct... and i think poor team doesnt matter, if you are good at your craft, you are going to leave your mark

I'll defend Gilchrist here, his keeping stats are excellent and he consistently took some absolute blinders off the spinners and those other kind of bowlers that also play cricket. Sometimes I think in Oz Gilchrist's keeping gets underrated because Warne told everyone he's not Healy.

The list is strange though, no Rashid Latif, Ian Smith or Jack Russell? Dhoni's had his moments but he's more a stopper than a keeper, put him in a list of best all-rounders but not best keepers, Kiran More and Mongia are better keepers than Dhoni.

Gilly was pretty ordinary when he first started from memory but ended up being a very good keeper before sliding in his last 6 months or so.

Gilly was pretty ordinary when he first started from memory but ended up being a very good keeper before sliding in his last 6 months or so.
Healy was pretty average when he started, that's why Zoehrer and others were initially preferred to him, the only reason he became the number one choice was because Simpson liked his attitude. Likewise Healy's keeping and batting were in decline at the end of his career and he made some important mistakes in his time, who can forget that missed stumping of Inzamam off Warne that would've given Aus a series win in Pakistan?

I'd always pick Healy over Gilchrist on keeping but people tend to have rose tinted glasses when looking at Healy's career, this does seem to happen when you have a player that is part of a team continually on the rise rather than a player that started in a team on top but slowly declined over time.

Healy was pretty average when he started, that's why Zoehrer and others were initially preferred to him, the only reason he became the number one choice was because Simpson liked his attitude.
And iirc so the WA legend goes Zoehrer having 'relations' with Simpson's daughter.. This is from before me following cricket but what some have told me replacing Tim at the time with Healy was pretty laughable he was that bad obviously being some personal issues with him.

Back