APS Season 09/10

Re: APS Season 09/10

veteran;374500 said:
scotch going to win this year. solid batting orders and bowling attack. Xavier 2nd. dont kid urself brighton, caulfield or skevs

We cannot be saying that this early in the season...the scorecard against HC says scotch struggled chasing a pultry 180 in 47 overs...from my take on the game if HC could field the game woulda been much tighter although kudos to van den broek and phillip for seeing it through to the end after a solid start from shearer and jamieson

btw HC are nothing without coleman..they should be thankful the U19s world cup is during the holidays

BGS got a good start to the year, with Singh being dismissed unluckily after a well-crafted 97. Good win against Wesley, but will have to improve to remain competitive.
Agreed with Noich there, Coleman looks to be the only shining light in a somewhat average HC team
Any thoughts on the unlikely event of a St Kevin’s wooden spoon?

Viv;374690 said:
BGS got a good start to the year, with Singh being dismissed unluckily after a well-crafted 97. Good win against Wesley, but will have to improve to remain competitive.
Agreed with Noich there, Coleman looks to be the only shining light in a somewhat average HC team
Any thoughts on the unlikely event of a St Kevin’s wooden spoon?

Coleman IS the only shining light at HC..dunno how they will cope with the likes of Mahon and Gaff on the w/e
Dunno Skevs and Wesley are my picks for the spoon
BGS will look to move up the ladder with the likes of Singh following his 97 and skipper Plumridge apparently looking to tear the APS comp apart..WIsh you all the best with that VIV...btw how you go on the weekend???

Yeah look Noich, i batted well without reward so disappointed not to get amongst the runs like Singh, but happy none the less with the win. Plenty of time left in the year to do well, but teams doing well so no troubles.
After hearing St Kevs were skittled for a lacklustre 66 by Caulfield, I am confident that they may take the spoon out

Viv;374696 said:
Yeah look Noich, i batted well without reward so disappointed not to get amongst the runs like Singh, but happy none the less with the win. Plenty of time left in the year to do well, but teams doing well so no troubles.
After hearing St Kevs were skittled for a lacklustre 66 by Caulfield, I am confident that they may take the spoon out

cocky much there viv....
true about Skevs but you can give them abit of slack havin 7 debutants most under yr 11
btw you hear about the much heralded sheriff could not hit the ball off the square and drilled one straight down midwicket's throat....i'm getting off the sheriff's bandwagon (excuse that one) and getting on the singh machine

skevs have 6 yr 11's, 5 yr 10's and a yr 9. we embarassed ourselves but in a praccy game against xavs we got 6-190 in which we did well. Apart from Mahon, what do Carey have

wade for aus;374829 said:
skevs have 6 yr 11's, 5 yr 10's and a yr 9. we embarassed ourselves but in a praccy game against xavs we got 6-190 in which we did well. Apart from Mahon, what do Carey have

Havent heard but reckon HC may beat them this weekend
Which players are ones to look out for in the future from skevs, wade for aus?

HC by the sounds of it were very stiff not to take home the win last week after a less than impressive fielding session, which in the end cost them the game.Coleman the standout,although would not say the only impressive player in the line up, other opener mathers,first change walsh and dalton look very handy with the ball.Dalton claiming his scalp of jamiesen on 48 impressive on debut, would not ride off the haileybury boys just yet.

Rudi slow death;375022 said:
HC by the sounds of it were very stiff not to take home the win last week after a less than impressive fielding session, which in the end cost them the game.Coleman the standout,although would not say the only impressive player in the line up, other opener mathers,first change walsh and dalton look very handy with the ball.Dalton claiming his scalp of jamiesen on 48 impressive on debut, would not ride off the haileybury boys just yet.

sounds like someone is blowing his own trumpet there....
the HC bowling line is goes: COLEMAN daylight then the rest....and Rudi slow death knows it too
btw m8 dont come on here n talk yourself up claiming to add substance to this thread

Coleman is clearly the standout, but if ur refering to dalton,walsh or mathers as me then ur kiddin urself seemin i couldnt bowl to save myself.Mathers proved handier with the ball, but in his 3rd season for the haileybury ones, his name talks for himself and didnt require further mention.

Rudi slow death;375048 said:
Coleman is clearly the standout, but if ur refering to dalton,walsh or mathers as me then ur kiddin urself seemin i couldnt bowl to save myself.Mathers proved handier with the ball, but in his 3rd season for the haileybury ones, his name talks for himself and didnt require further mention.

hahah what a weak attempt to cover yourself up m8,
is the hole you keep digging yourself big enough to fit your ego??

haha noich think wat u want mate, you can think im a bowler then, even though i open the batting for haileybury, if u even get a gig in ur schools side, look out for me with the red helmet. go by the name zimsen which in eygption means goddess. tell your teamates to get ready to chase some leather, cause il be creaming you boys around all day

Hahaha rudi slow death. Good choice of name for you.

Should be interesting to see whether you can live up to the hype you've created for yourself, against Lachie Mahon and the rest of the Carey attack this weekend.

Mate ya kiddin yaself.
i bet none of you blokes have even played 1sts yaselves.
and as i saw viv mention ol' michael singh back a bit, he's a hack mate, i would take him to the cleaners and will when i get the chance.
oh and viv, what's your top score for BGS 1sts? just wonderin' mate.

Skevs beat Scotch. Scotch made 215 of 46 overs all out. O'beirne with 106, lucky but batted well. SKC made the runs in the 49th. Staffieri, Campbell, Spence, Moore, Trapani all made 25 + Conway came in made 32 of 18 including a six onto the 2nd oval pitch at SKC. It was massive. Better than last week for Skevs:)

HC def by Carey

HC 8/166 (Coleman 50, O'Toole 51no, Mahon 5/23)
Carey 5/170 (Jackson 65no)

Close game. HC now with two straight losses.

veteran;374500 said:
scotch going to win this year. solid batting orders and bowling attack. Xavier 2nd. dont kid urself brighton, caulfield or skevs

premierships arent won after round one, dont kid yourself scotch

wade for aus;374829 said:

was a terrible performance in the praccy from skevs though, never looked like winning the game, which is what you aim to do, its fine to get 190 if your chasing 189 but if your chasing 250 thats not good enough

Swarley;375247 said:
Mate ya kiddin yaself.
i bet none of you blokes have even played 1sts yaselves.
and as i saw viv mention ol' michael singh back a bit, he's a hack mate, i would take him to the cleaners and will when i get the chance.
oh and viv, what's your top score for BGS 1sts? just wonderin' mate.

Arr Swarley, once again, we have ourselves a person whose ego is to big for the cricket pitch. Yes, I will give you credit when you make above 90 like Singh has but until you do, you should really wait until you have a comment with utter worthlessness to add to the forum. Everyone here plays ones cricket, which may be to hard for to believe. Myself, 60 odd. How about yourself in your ones career?

What a load of rubbish swarley. You are just talking sewerage. Micky Singh would knock ur block off.

As for none of us playing ones, i played today in fact. Didn't make much, but i still played. Guess that makes you a bit of an idiot then ey?

Back