APS Season 09/10

Re: APS Season 09/10

Carey07;376751 said:
Well done to the Skevs boys on the weekend, actually gave me a real surprise with a side with good depth and although conway has a bad rep with being a bit of a dick i didn't mind having a chat to him while batting, and i appreciate a good smart arse who is only in it to entertain himself.

Chris moore has come a long way, and bowls solidly to say the least his stocks certainly went up a long way in my books. Would like to see him running further and bowling a bit quicker but is a genuine wicket taker.
I always rated Chris moore as a bowler a little bit lucky with the bat but holds down the fort and not to mention a qaulity bloke who i love having a chat to.

Carey was fairly embarrased.

With the likes of Mahon not taking a wicket and crocker bowling half pace at first change it was not a day for carey. (certainly not making excuses, skevs clearly a better side)

As for whittle being this champion spinner to be honest i know the kid and well.. to get wickets the batsman is more likely to hit a full toss to mid wicket.. but hey a wicket is a wicket, and as we know. Shit gets wickets.

Well done to O'beirne on the 100 the other week well deserved another good cricketer and good bloke amongst the APS i hold full respect for him!

Gamebreaker i do hear you are very good at homework and you will definately be reminded of that when carey and scotch clash which i am looking foward to.. should be a laugh.

if i think of anything more i shall inform you.

u must have me confused with someone else again carey haha. unknown your also obviously someone who isnt who i thought you were but i love and respect what you write. as for the manager of this forum, surely its been taken down about 20 notches from the last 2 years and nothin has been said at anyone so please give us a break.

gamebreaker;376753 said:
oh and btw twirl u cant actually rate de fegley as a bowler? he bowls left arm pies and looks like a grandma

come on mate, no need to get personal. De Fegely is a very compact bowler, he will not give you anything to hit

gamebreaker;376753 said:
oh and btw twirl u cant actually rate de fegley as a bowler? he bowls left arm pies and looks like a grandma

Carry with the personal stuff and you'll be on a card.

This is a final warning - to all of you.

gamebreaker;376753 said:

You obviously havent faced him, he hasnt gone for over 3 an over in his life and took apart xavier and caulfield. if you are going to make a comment then keep it to cricket and keep it accurate.

Is pace still a factor in the APS? I cant think of any out and out pace bowlers around the comp. Except for maybe Coleman, who are the other pacers in the APS teams should look out for?

Cant help but go large;376821 said:
Is pace still a factor in the APS? I cant think of any out and out pace bowlers around the comp. Except for maybe Coleman, who are the other pacers in the APS teams should look out for?

Yeah for sure. Its horrible especially on APS decks to have to come on as a spinner and bowl to some set openers. The pacemen need to get early wickets and let the spinners either restrict or just collect the crums.

Cant help but go large;377226 said:
just ask michael singh about that one

Yeah, as i passed on a tram, i saw this 'Michael Singh' bloke smashing him around, although a good bowler i doubt anyone would be 'scared' to face him...

unknown quantity;376574 said:
no surprises with keith dominating today.
wade for aus don't make me laugh. first you laud guys for their 25+'s, again, and now you talk up what i understand to be yourself and your little buddies as the 'future' of st kevins cricket. all this and a pathetic attempt at a snide remark, things sure are looking bright down at st kevs..
Caulfield have proven to be a disappointment so far. As have GGS who my sources tell me where smashed today by scotch.

calm down buddy, regardless of who skevs have played, they are 3-1. Yet again you dont appreciate the importance of a TEAM effort. Cricket is not an individual sport. Skevs dont have an outright star (chris moore maybe), so what they are doing is winning games through many individuals contributing. There are 11 players in a cricket team, remember that.

CGS 9/196 DEF BY BGS 1/199

CGS looked the goods early at 1/100 then BGS tightened the screws and held them to a respectable 196...

In Reply BGS got off to a flyer, and continued on from there.
Special mention to J.Steele who made an unbeaten 99, very stiff to hit a maximum to win the game and left stranded on 99*, but non the less was a fantastic innings.

At the turn BGS are right back in the hunt at 3-1

the 20/20 crusader games on tuesday and wednesday.

the ins and outs?

Caulfied.
Scotch.
Carey.
Brighton.
are these only teams playing from the aps?

New rules such as 12 a side.
5 on each side.
only 4 out.
2 behind the poppying crease.
retired at 30 but can come back.
what other rules?
plans from captains?
any other thoughts?
i dont think the AGS sides will be any worries.!

Stats from respective teams?? Runs, wkts
Thoughts on Moore, Keath, Coleman and Mahon and respective stats
and who is noich???

Cant help but go large;376821 said:
How has young Jack Paynter gone at Caulfield, he can bowl fairly quick for a 15yo..

skevs to be bouyed by the return of veteran scorer m. berthelsen against mgs on friday. comes out of retirement after a long lay off from the game spent mostly lying in a hammock by cocoa beach in florida. spoke to him earlier and he is confident he still has what it takes to cut it at a.p.s level.

Back