APS Squad - Your Final Team

SouthSwans

APS Squad - Your Final Team

After seeing every team play, I now have a final squad (alphabetical), so here it is,

The Caulfield Scorer's Final APS Squad for 2006/07:

1. Wolfe (c)
2. Dunnell (vc)
3. Breen
4. Buckley
5. Cosgrave
6. Forbes
7. Kitchen
8. Lynch
9. McMillan (wk)
10. Oaten
11. O'Keefe
12. Parisi
13. Smith
14. Tormey
15. Yaman

Stiff to miss: Singh, Gelling, Penberthy, Molan, Bergin, Chaplin-Burch.

Re: APS Squad - Your Final Team

you just cant leave Gelling out
taken 4 or 5 wickets against xavier and a 44 not out...run and wicket machine!!!!!!! he wood have to be one of the 1st picks

SouthSwans;145152 said:
If you take out Smith you have to bring in Chaplin-Burch.

why? gelling bowls and bats and is very solid fielder in gully....dominates in all areas...
gelling wood also be more valuable than cosgrove...although cosgrove is good..gelling wood add more to a team

gotta agree with ouch there. gelling cannopt possibly miss out, if he does it is a crime to humanity. southswans i dont see how u can be so biased and put even 2 ppl from caulfield in it. my final team wud be: (in batting order)

Kitchen
O'Keefe(vc)
Forbes(c)
Tormey
Hartnell (wk)
Bergin
Gelling
Smith
Oaten
Cosgrave
Parisi

As you can see, very long batting line up. i think that shud b a very good line up
unlucky to miss: Wolfe, Buckley, Jackson, Wakefield, Chaplin Birch, Bramham.

I have the word from an APS selector that both the CGS boys I mentioned would be in there.

SouthSwans;145155 said:
I have the word from an APS selector that both the CGS boys I mentioned would be in there.

Well whoever this selector is, i daresay is probably a tool. who from caulfield can possibly replace anyone from the team mentioned? btw shaw(after his recent knocks), dunnel would also be in the mix.

I have Dunnell. He's VC in my team. And the selector who you are calling a tool has those two (Yaman and Breen) in there.

SouthSwans;145160 said:
I have Dunnell. He's VC in my team. And the selector who you are calling a tool has those two (Yaman and Breen) in there.

Well clearly he is from caulfield, because if anybody from my team misses out would be entitled to sue god for just genuine bad luck and stupid cricketing polictics. breen and yeahman or whatever his name is are both no names coming from a no name team with no hope. i suspect the majority of the APS side to come from teams that have actually had success during the season aka xavier scotch haileybury geelong college.

Pushfatwo;145161 said:
Well clearly he is from caulfield, because if anybody from my team misses out would be entitled to sue god for just genuine bad luck and stupid cricketing polictics. breen and yeahman or whatever his name is are both no names coming from a no name team with no hope. i suspect the majority of the APS side to come from teams that have actually had success during the season aka xavier scotch haileybury geelong college.
Ok. Bring it.

Breeny has scored over 380 runs this season and Tilly Yaman has taken 27 wickets at an eco rate under 3.

claytpm didnt come to brunsiwck st tonight dhould make aps team over 10000 runs so should mcgelling an parisi forbess wolfe and mcmilln fro scotch lilled xav today

i love mo clay is very sexy

turtle;145230 said:
claytpm didnt cum to brunsiwck st tonight dhould make aps team over 10000 runs so should mcgelling an parisi forbess wolfe and mcmilln fro scotch lilled xav today

i love mo clay is very sexy

AGREED, clara told me he enjoys to rub chili sauce on his nipples for some spice in the bed room lol

SouthSwans;145196 said:
Ok. Bring it.

Breeny has scored over 380 runs this season and Tilly Yaman has taken 27 wickets at an eco rate under 3.

gelling has done wat breen and yaman has done...and he is one guy!!! 23 wickets i think and atleaset 360 plus runs.....remember he bats at 7...and is a 1st change bowler coming off parisi and forbes who have also taken 20+ wickets each!!!! so its actually an amazing effort taking all those wickets!!!!!!!

ouch;145404 said:
gelling has done wat breen and yaman has done...and he is one guy!!! 23 wickets i think and atleaset 360 plus runs.....remember he bats at 7...and is a 1st change bowler coming off parisi and forbes who have also taken 20+ wickets each!!!! so its actually an amazing effort taking all those wickets!!!!!!!
Ok, I didnt know that.

So who would you take out?

Pushfatwo;145154 said:
gotta agree with ouch there. gelling cannopt possibly miss out, if he does it is a crime to humanity. southswans i dont see how u can be so biased and put even 2 ppl from caulfield in it. my final team wud be: (in batting order)

Kitchen
O'Keefe(vc)
Forbes(c)
Tormey
Hartnell (wk)
Bergin
Gelling
Smith
Oaten
Cosgrave
Parisi

As you can see, very long batting line up. i think that shud b a very good line up
unlucky to miss: Wolfe, Buckley, Jackson, Wakefield, Chaplin Birch, Bramham.

I almost agree !
Kitchen hasn't done all that much since his massive 181 against brighon.
O'keefe havent seen anything much from his this year so far
Great get with Forbse Skipper absoulte gun! good cricket brain aswell
Buckley must be in the team! Scored 500+ runs at about 85 dont think many would have made that many and not made the team.
With Parsi, Forbes, Oaten, Gelling, Cosgrave, Smith + Tormey if needed you have jsut about every possible base covered when it comes to bowling.
Bergin not convinced about bowling has been good at times put batting has struggled bit to inconsistant.
HOwever I do like Yaman from Caufeild comments from our batsmen where he was the hardest to face all year.
Overall i reckon u have it pretty right but the question remains is the team picked on repuations or on performance casue i have no doubt some will be picked on reps despite haveing sub standard years.

SouthSwans;145160 said:

can you play Dunnell and Cosgrave in the same team ? Or is Dunnell in purley as a batsmen?

Back