APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahtait

APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

Everyone put their guesses in!

I haven't caught many games since i finished yr 12 in 2005, but by the sounds of reputations on Big Cricket, and by watching a few Scotch games, heres my team.

Dont know much about the Hailubury mob, but i hear they are ok, so would those wakefield fellas get a gig?

1:Kitchen
2:Nice
3:Clayton
4:Shaw (vc)
5:Breen
6:pattinson (c)
7:Keeper?????
8:Noodles
9:Grosse
10:Lanning (would be great to see)
11:Spinner?

12:

Unlucky:- Grindrod, Wakefields?, Lugg, who else?

Scorer: South Swans! (love your work buddy!) possible even captain

Thoughts?

Re: Aps team of the year, 2007-08

yeahtait;173538 said:

I haven't caught many games since i finished yr 12 in 2005, but by the sounds of reputations on Big Cricket, and by watching a few Scotch games, heres my team.

Dont know much about the Hailubury mob, but i hear they are ok, so would those wakefield fellas get a gig?

12:

Thoughts?

Spastik!

1 Grindrod
2 Chancellor
3 Lanning (C)
4 Gairns
5 Gooley
6 Pattinson (VC)
7 Noodles
8 Lugg
9 Potter
10 Griffiths (VC)
11 Gairns

lucky to miss out of this joint: Jarred Maglio (skevs), Tom Mariani (scotch), Tom small ( caulfield grammmmmmarrrrrrrr)

Carey will be fairly strong with 6 represesentatives this year.

Trust me, Carey will not have 6 reps. Either you are joking or extremely biased. Meg will not make it, give her 2 years. Grindrod is the only one good enough to make that XI.

1. Clayton (SC)
2. Kitchen (GEE)
3. Shaw* (MGS)
4. Nice (GEE)
5. Astbury (CGS)
6. Pattinson (HC)
7. Lynch (HC)
8. Wakefield+ (HC)
9. Lugg (GEE)
10. Griffiths (SKC)
11. Grindrod (CAR)
12. Breen (CGS)

SouthSwans;173745 said:
Trust me, Carey will not have 6 reps. Either you are joking or extremely biased. Meg will not make it, give her 2 years. Grindrod is the only one good enough to make that XI.

1. Clayton (SC)
2. Kitchen (GEE)
3. Shaw* (MGS)
4. Nice (GEE)
5. Astbury (CGS)
6. Pattinson (HC)
7. Lynch (HC)
8. Wakefield+ (HC)
9. Lugg (GEE)
10. Handel (CGS)
11. Grindrod (CAR)
12. Breen (CGS)

wheres griffiths? the kid played for vic u17's as an u16. and took the new ball for vic 17s. definately will be in that team

Jee didnt know those statistics :confused: !!

My team
-Handel (CGS)
+Griffiths (SKC)

will be the team then I reckon.

rugby rulz;174033 said:
lol, no worries mate
I would assume your a Skevs man. How does Cachia, Purcell, Castricum, Andrews, Wood, Sullivan and Edgar go at the ol' cricket?? Are they allround sportsmen or just footballers??

Also are Hickey and Wissell still around next season or are they just young-aged year 12s??

SouthSwans;174109 said:
I would assume your a Skevs man. How does Cachia, Purcell, Castricum, Andrews, Wood, Sullivan and Edgar go at the ol' cricket?? Are they allround sportsmen or just footballers??

Also are Hickey and Wissell still around next season or are they just young-aged year 12s??

cachia was a no-hoper i heard. dead-eye footballer. purcell was good in his younger years...aparently bowled some heat for the 7As. Sully, Wood, Edgar, Castricum and andrews arent that hot on the criket. dont play it at all. Hickey and Wiss are gone at the end of the year. shame, great criketers and even better footballers

handel will not play aps doesnt take enough wickets and is still young. Lynch is injured and will miss the season. Noodles will get a mention and will be in the squad. Griffiths will play and take the new ball. Can some one please fill me in on who Lugg is and also Wakefield. The girl from Carey is very overrated and didnt not have a good season, only getting attention because she is a female... took 2 against us which both made the APS team tho last year....

From CGS there are only 2 year 11s that played last year and we will struggle. Breen and Astbury will have to have a very good season for them to have any contention. Which schools have spent the money this year in ways of scholars and is pattinson still at school or he going to AIS?

No need for that.

yeahtait;173538 said:

12:

Thoughts?

5:Astbury
7: Keeper?
10:Breen
11:Griffiths

Could people please stop saying lugg is going to make APS team. he will never make it gets smashed every week bowl at least 5 double bouncers at 2km per hour , and plus he has the mingerest of girlfriends alive, it is actually unbelievable how mingerish she is. COuld more people please comment on the minga of a girlfriend lugg has cause it is absolutely amazing. PS her friend with the massive fore head heathrow she is a maggot and the minga ate all the carrots. Thanks boys bloody excited about the year ahead. Instead of lugg the maggot Tom ROberts from GC should be a certainty as he bowls a good line and length every week and can hold his own with the bat. And as for Scott dimatovskis mum she is amazing/\]

Just throwing a few names in the mix...
Grose (Sc)
Bett (MGS)
Thomas (MGS)
Martin (Hail)
Grigg (XC)
Roney (BGS)
Gooley (MGS)
Lloyd (GGS)
Payne (MGS)
Big H (BGS)
Gooley (MGS)
Cross (XC)
Chabs McGavin (?)

Just putting some names out there that have been overlooked on this site so far

groknarthal;175948 said:
From CGS there are only 2 year 11s that played last year and we will struggle. Breen and Astbury will have to have a very good season for them to have any contention. Which schools have spent the money this year in ways of scholars and is pattinson still at school or he going to AIS?

P.S Flanagan is fat and ugly (South Swans)

3 played last year, i don't think that we will be that bad. Astbury is a gun bat and i am tipping Jayaweera to make a couple of big scores. I think the only problem for us will be taking wickets. We have bowlers that are very good at keeping it tight like Handel and Breen, but as u say Breeny will have to take a lot of wickets this year and people like Lloyd, rob and Astbury chipping in too.

groknarthal;175947 said:
handel will not play aps doesnt take enough wickets and is still young. Lynch is injured and will miss the season. Noodles will get a mention and will be in the squad. Griffiths will play and take the new ball. Can some one please fill me in on who Lugg is and also Wakefield. The girl from Carey is very overrated and didnt not have a good season, only getting attention because she is a female... took 2 against us which both made the APS team tho last year....

Wakefield is a good player, played 1s down at Casey South Melbourne in a couple of games last year. Batted 3 when we played em and smashed the ball around early, will make APS team

Club Cricketer;175983 said:
Just throwing a few names in the mix...
Grose (Sc)
Bett (MGS)
Thomas (MGS)
Martin (Hail)
Grigg (XC)
Roney (BGS)
Gooley (MGS)
Lloyd (GGS)
Payne (MGS)
Big H (BGS)
Gooley (MGS)
Cross (XC)
Chabs McGavin (?)

Just putting some names out there that have been overlooked on this site so far

think griffiths has been overlooked a bit for SKC.

SouthSwans;175981 said:
Is this Piggy or Bug?

PS.
Astbury IN, Breen OUT.
Lugg > Breen as a spinner.

flanagan u have to remember Breen will be bowling 30+ overs a game for cgs as they have no bowlers in year 12. Lugg is very average and will struggle to play aps bowls alot of ********... Dave astbury very good bat and bloke but hard to judge a selection on aps after only playing 3 1st X1 games last year for cgs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back