5.Loorham (CGS) wkt.
6.Gotch (CG)
7.Graham (GGS)
8.Parker(CGS) capt.
9.Coleman (HC)
10.Voyage (MGS)
11.???
12.McMillan (SG)/Morris (MGS)

Graham has to be in there - made runs, though dropped off towards end of season, but would be up there in terms of aggregate. Also bowls decent offies and high up the list for leading wicket taker.

Not sure about Mcmillan...

Morris has been the best wicketkeeper this year in my opinion and also best captain - results of MGS back that up.

Not sure why Hannan is rated so high, ive heard he's taken 13 wickets in 2 weeks, but wasn't in the team prior to that? No one comes to mind to deserve the other bowling spot.

O'Sullivan or Cameron.....or play only 2 quicks with McMillan/Morris slotting into the team and the bowlers being
Coleman, Voyage, Keath,Parker, Bett, Graham

Re: APS Team of The Year

FioraDud;337039 said:
best effort so far i reckon. i would make a few changes

1.O'Brien (St.Kevs)
2.Bett (MGS)
3.Curtain(XC)
4.Keath (MGS)
5.Loorham (CGS) wkt.
6.Gotch (CG)
7.Graham (GGS)
8.Parker(CGS) capt.
9.Coleman (HC)
10.Voyage (MGS)
11.???
12.McMillan (SG)/Morris (MGS)

Graham has to be in there - made runs, though dropped off towards end of season, but would be up there in terms of aggregate. Also bowls decent offies and high up the list for leading wicket taker.

Not sure about Mcmillan...

Morris has been the best wicketkeeper this year in my opinion and also best captain - results of MGS back that up.

Not sure why Hannan is rated so high, ive heard he's taken 13 wickets in 2 weeks, but wasn't in the team prior to that? No one comes to mind to deserve the other bowling spot.

I agree that morris has been the best captain but definitely not the best wicketkeeper. Loorham has made just about the most runs in the competition and his glovework is supreme. McMillan has had an up and down year. Made a hundred few weeks ago. He made it last year so do they pick him again becoz of his efforts over the last few years? Deserves it i think.

TheStraighter1;337053 said:
I agree that morris has been the best captain but definitely not the best wicketkeeper. Loorham has made just about the most runs in the competition and his glovework is supreme. McMillan has had an up and down year. Made a hundred few weeks ago. He made it last year so do they pick him again becoz of his efforts over the last few years? Deserves it i think.

Does that mean Rob Handel gets a game if they just pick people that played last year????

TheStraighter1;337053 said:

There is no doubting that Loohrum is the best gloveman in the APS. So to pick Macmillan or Morris ahead of him as a wicketkeeper would be unjust towards Joey as he also deserves his spot as a batsman as well in the team. The straighter one is correct in saying that Macmillan has had an up and down year although he has made a few runs - play him as a batsmen. And can you really pick a bloke who has not made that many runs in Morris as captain? It would be very contreversial considering that there are so many other good cricket brains in the mix. In my opinion, you pick the best team on stats and balance from season 08/09 which morris wouldn't be in, and then you pick the best captain from that - in my opinion that is Parker.

noich;337031 said:
Coleman's stats aren't the best but i hear his slips have cost him atleast 5 wkts this year
I dunno about O'Brien so i put him as an opener..
Any issues with the bowling attack?????

1.O'Brien (St.Kevs)
2.Bett (MGS)
3.Curtain(XC)
4.Keath (MGS)
5.Loorham (CGS) wkt.
6.McMillan (SG)
7.Gotch (CG)
8.Parker(CGS) capt.
9.Coleman (HC)
10.Hannan (XC)
11.Voyage (MGS)
12.Graham (GGS)

Keath doesn't deserve it, especially seeing as people say its not done on rep.
Haven't played Carey yet so can't speak on Parker's captaincy, but in my opinion Morris is the best captain in the comp by that far he's just unlucky he hasn't made a few more runs. Hannan definitely deserves his gig, sends down some peaches too good to miss out.

Not sure about voyage either, mcgorian's done a fair bit to deserve a crack in an injury interrupted season. And Graham and Loorham are best bats in the comp so to leave graham as 12th man is not on. Also Stafford for Skevs caused many a headache this year with his pace and movement, i'd have him ahead of Voyage and maybe even Coleman, also a handy number 9 to have.

so in closing my team would be as follows:

Bett - transformed into an opening batsman, everyone knows he can bowl
O'brien - probably have to pick him, doubtful that he is good enough to be harsh
Graham - potential to make lots of runs and has done that, especially early in the season
Keath - without massive scores, has consistently made 50+ and bowls accurate seamers
Loohrum (wk) - Best gloveman, and is yet to make under 10 with one century as well
Gotch - lots of runs
Macmillan (vc) - Just enough runs to sneak him in. Great for team morale
Parker (c) - Accurate and wicket taking legspinner and has made runs as well. Captain
Coleman - Best quick in the APS, can bat a bit and has taken wickets
Voyage - Has seemed to hold the MGS attack together. very accurate
McGorian - Largely overlooked however has taken quite a few wickets from all accounts and is a very good bowler with both the new and old ball. the token catholic.

12th from:
the wiz - wat a great bloke, makes runs, takes wickets,
Cameron - potential to take make an opposition batting order crumble if hes on song
Curtain and Ryan - Both just missed out on batting positions however Ryan could take O'brien's if he tons up in the next two weeks.

This team has 7 quality bowlers (can gotch bowl?) if so 8.
10 quality batsmen sorry Andy McGorian.
and many quality cricket brains
Team Morale wishes the AGS the best of luck cos they will need it.

Any one got stats (figures) of McGorian and O'Brien?
On jokers post, Coleman and Keath seem almost automatic picks as they made Vic 17s and performed, as well as the Aus 19s squad against India (Coleman) and 2010 World Cup Prelim Squad
Unfortunately credentials and not outstanding(though consistent) APS stats seem to back them into the team

noich;337269 said:
Any one got stats (figures) of McGorian and O'Brien?
On jokers post, Coleman and Keath seem almost automatic picks as they made Vic 17s and performed, as well as the Aus 19s squad against India (Coleman) and 2010 World Cup Prelim Squad
Unfortunately credentials and not outstanding(though consistent) APS stats seem to back them into the team

since round 6, O'Bryan has scored two tons (against Brighton and Caulfield respectively) and a half century against Wesley; threw away his chance at another century, really should've pushed on. As a player he is left handed and handles spin with ease.

just on a sidenote, i am surprised conway from skc hasnt come into conversation regarding the keeper's position, he is a freak.

also clancey as a bowling allrounder-has bowled accurately and dangerously all year and has played some gutsy innings, MGS comes to mind but moreso xavier where he single handedly staved off an outright defeat, much to their dismay.

if anyone could comment accurately on voyage's stats it would be useful, as id say that clancey's would at the very least be comparable to them, and his batting has been far superior all year.

FioraDud;337039 said:
best effort so far i reckon. i would make a few changes

I dont know where you have heard your stuff from Fiora but hannan has played all year, is the aps leading wicket taker and has had several important batting performances, including a match winning 34* against cauilfield

allied biscuit;337309 said:
just on a sidenote, i am surprised conway from skc hasnt come into conversation regarding the keeper's position, he is a freak.

is that a joke,

conway cannot bat and loves to let through byes

he nowhere near the likes of loorahm, gotch, mcmillan and any other aps keeper

through the gate;337339 said:
is that a joke,

conway cannot bat and loves to let through byes

he nowhere near the likes of loorahm, gotch, mcmillan and any other aps keeper

no that is not a joke, but you are.

addressing your dross about byes, he lets through less byes than his opposing keeper every week.

onto batting, he can bat actually, would be averaging low 30s this yr.

and now with the crux of the issue, he has only taken up keeping this yr (opened the bowling for skc last, when griffiths was injured) and yet i would rank him ahead of both gotch and mcmillan, no joke, fine players both of them, but conway can do things behind the stumps that they could only dream of. i woud point to the miriad of stumpings he has taken standing up to the wickets against skevs quicks (stafford aside). opposing players have marvelled at the uncanny ability he has with his gloves. you are merely an ignorant hack.

1.O'Brien (St.Kevs)
2.Bett (MGS)
3.Graham (GGS)
4.Keath (MGS)
5.Loorham (CGS) wkt.
6.Gotch (CG)
7.McMillan (GGS)
8.Parker(CGS) capt.
9.Coleman (HC)
10.Voyage (MGS)
11.Stafford (St.Kevs)???/ Hannan (XC) ???
12. McGorian ????

Out of the 3 quicks who'd be more deserving for a spot in the team
Depending on the number of quicks the selectors want to play, McMillian or Gotch might have to run the drinks on the day....

TheStraighter1;337368 said:

One of the best quicks in the competition....if he were part of a better line-up of blokes keen of winning games of cricket he would certainly have a lot more wickets
On the other hand he has another year of APS cricket and unless troubled by injury or a massive slump in form, he is almost a shoe-in for next year's team
Also a very sus fielder after his opening spell

smashed;337622 said:
whats the aps team?

im putting my money on ags to retain title

i'm putting money on another stupid slugfest on bigcricket whether the APS is better than the AGS. Let the cricket talk!!!!

Back