APS Up and comers

Giano

APS Up and comers

There would be a few around yeah?

Wakefield for Haileybury can certainly bat. Hes got this year and next to show how destructive he can be. He played 1's at South Melb.

McGorian from Xavs looks alright.

Will Payne from Grammar...

Anyone else?

Re: APS Up and comers

Caulfield have got 3 year 10s
Rowan Jayaweera an Opening Bat who looks to have it all going for him now hes back from overseas can also bowl quite fast for a small bloke, a few years could see him turn into a valuable weapon
Robbie Handel and Lloyd Everitt both fast bowlers who are going to be destructive next year and the year after that

lachy roberts from skc is a great up and comer both with the bat and ball...
josh griffiths from skc as well left arm opener will be quick and very hard to face in the next few years not a bad bat as well

will payne from mgs is a promising player

Any year 10's in the mix?

At Xavier there is a kid in Year 9... Will Ryan. Solid as, only a little fella.

Also a new guy at Xavier i havnt heard much of B.Goss?. Made 78 off 78 today in the 10A's. Apparently a bit of a gun.

Giano;136903 said:
Any year 10's in the mix?

At Xavier there is a kid in Year 9... Will Ryan. Solid as, only a little fella.

Also a new guy at Xavier i havnt heard much of B.Goss?. Made 78 off 78 today in the 10A's. Apparently a bit of a gun.

Iv heard of a young yr 10 kid from Scotch called Jamie Macmillan. Freakshow keeper and a quality bat. Has shown maturity beyond his years this year in the ones and will be one of the cornerstones of scotch cricket in years to come. Definately one to watch.

Yeah thats interesting Push, i'll have to look out for him.

Was talking to a kid from Xavier today and he said theres 8 spots open in Xavier 1sts next year, which will be interesting.

WRONG
there is 6 but they r probs the 5 best players in the team.
Molan -Opening Bat and keeper
Ryan- Opening bat
Bergin-Opening Bowler - BAts number 5/ ski[pper
Buckley- NUmber 4 BAt and Bowls first change
Cosgrave - Equal leading wicket taker (offie) and probs the best number 10 ull find
Smith- eual leading wicket taker ( leggi) and best number 8 ull ind in the comp was number 3 last year.
so some good players leaving but not 8 lpayers as u have said .

Pushfatwo;137035 said:
Iv heard of a young yr 10 kid from Scotch called Jamie Macmillan. Freakshow keeper and a quality bat. Has shown maturity beyond his years this year in the ones and will be one of the cornerstones of scotch cricket in years to come. Definately one to watch.

Too True.. Macmillan is a gun bat and nut case with the gloves.. definitely one to watch in the future..

Giano;137045 said:
Yeah thats interesting Push, i'll have to look out for him.

Was talking to a kid from Xavier today and he said theres 8 spots open in Xavier 1sts next year, which will be interesting.

Haha well it looks like xavs r in the same situation as scotch giano. the current scotch team has 8 yr 12s, 2 yr 11s and 1 yr 10. which makes for 8 new players next year. I think overall in pretty much every team in the APS, that most teams are losing some quality players next year, this years year 12s are a quality year level as a whole.

mojo;137053 said:
WRONG
there is 6 but they r probs the 5 best players in the team.
Molan -Opening Bat and keeper
Ryan- Opening bat
Bergin-Opening Bowler - BAts number 5/ ski[pper
Buckley- NUmber 4 BAt and Bowls first change
Cosgrave - Equal leading wicket taker (offie) and probs the best number 10 ull find
Smith- eual leading wicket taker ( leggi) and best number 8 ull ind in the comp was number 3 last year.
so some good players leaving but not 8 lpayers as u have said .

Sorry mate, i new it was around there but wasnt too sure.

Well plenty of opportunites for people to step up and secure their place.

I think theres a few year 12s in the 2's as well, so its looking like a few year 10s will be in there.

The new kid Goss (Does anyone know more info on this guy? He got 78 off 78 in the a's yesterday?) Matt Douglas, Louis Tiernan might be in the mix? Donnellan and Dan Curtain who are in the 1s at the moment.

Goss is from warragul and is solid.

Will Ryan has just been picked in the vic u-15 side and should be in xc first xi

Caufiled in 2 years will be strong (particular bowling) with Robbie Handel and Lloyd Everitt being the 2 best yr 10 bowlers in the aps.

MGS also will be strong with Betts(left arm offie) and Keath(all rounder with back stress fractures) both being picked in the vic 15's

Wiz;137141 said:
Caufiled in 2 years will be strong (particular bowling) with Robbie Handel and Lloyd Everitt being the 2 best yr 10 bowlers in the aps.

MGS also will be strong with Betts(left arm offie) and Keath(all rounder with back stress fractures) both being picked in the vic 15's
Robbie, Rowan and Lloyd are very good but there isn't much else. Next year's team will be pretty poor IMO with Game, Foote, Breen, Penberthy, Sundberg, Yaman, Lamont, Baker, Hyman and the scorer ;) all departing.

Don't laugh, but I hear that WC are very strong at Yr 9 level. A few may be playing 1s at the end of this year...if that means anything...still, might mean they will have a more competitive side in a couple of years.

due to the whole scholarship program at our school though, wesley being strong at year 9 is quite laughable im sorry to say...

no really, i am sorry.... :(

bgs has got some big stars coming up young nathan plumberidge and michael singh both the best 2 players goin round for their age. They will win the premiershi in season 2009/2010 and birghton are a big hope next year for the flag they had gone throug their seasons underfeated as a team.

no way will bgs win it 09/10 xavier will they will have heaps of gun yr 12's and a couple of younger state players such as will ryan being in year 11.

Yeh I agree that Jamie McMillan kid isn't bad. Great bat. Gloves are even better though.
Morris Clayton although not having performed well for scotch this yr is certainly one to watch out for next year. High class bat. Plays 2s at St. Kilda.

Back