Australia In England Odi's 2012

Watched bits and pieces of England's innings before going to bed, can be a bit hard to get into one day games down here when it's the middle of winter and the footy is in full swing. (The Ashes is totally different of coarse..)

Australia set England a chase of 252, probably a bit short, Bailey made 65 off 86 but got bogged down a lot especially early, think he had over 40 dot balls. Need to bowl well..

That would seriously have to be the most ridiculous DRS decision to ever be overruled. To say that the ball hit Morgan's bat off that hot spot 'evidence' is just beyond laughable...

That would seriously have to be the most ridiculous DRS decision to ever be overruled. To say that the ball hit Morgan's bat off that hot spot 'evidence' is just beyond laughable...
I'm trying to find this on Youtube or somewhere. Going by the Cricinfo commentary, I would say that Clarke was hard done by, but the incident has brought up an alarming issue with how HotSpot is used. Two quick wickets with England at 171/4 and only one more recognised batsman would have made for an intriguing ball-game.

Mike's right about the Aussies needing more runs, though. You could argue that England would have still comfortably chased the target even if Morgan went out second ball, but the gap between the batting lineups and scoring rates was clear. England were cantering along, starkly contrasting the drudgery in the Australian middle-overs; that said, George Bailey ultimately did alright, but that middle period really hurt them. When I went to bed at the end of the first innings, I thought that England would be able to chase the target quite comfortably, if they played as they did on Friday. The cast differed slightly, but the plot remained the same.

2 zip. If they get all five we'll lose our last number 1 ranking as well. Bloody pull your fingers out lads and win at least one. :)

2 zip. If they get all five we'll lose our last number 1 ranking as well. Bloody pull your fingers out lads and win at least one. :)
Unsurprisingly with this being the worst summer in English history the 3rd ODI was rained off. I guess that means that if we manage to beat you blokes 4-0 we don't quite make the No.1 spot?

Just seen the wickets, some quality bowling from England in seaming conditions. Aus 4 for 92, need to somehow scratch out a score towards 200 to have any chance.

edit - Clarke loses his off peg...

Australia did well to get to 200, Dave Hussey with 70. Gives Australia some sort of chance if they bowl really well.

I hope that the Aussies are gaining some knowledge and experience out of this.

I had no idea that Bret Lee's record in the past 2 years in ODIs had been so ordinary. It will be a proper golden handshake if he gets an Aussie upgrade contract.

Unsurprisingly with this being the worst summer in English history the 3rd ODI was rained off. I guess that means that if we manage to beat you blokes 4-0 we don't quite make the No.1 spot?

Although the only reason that they had the chance of getting number 1 if they won all 5 games was because our game against Ireland on this tour was also washed out, which would have given us a 6 game buffer. ;)

So 4 zip to England then.. Missed the game going to bed really early last night but it looks like they won very comfortably again. Only positive there is that Bailey seems to have batted reasonably well but still another complete failure from Peter Forrest.

Back